Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Favorite Personality Test So Far
My Favorite Personality Test So Far
Online personality tests are by no means accurate at all! They're silly and crappy! But they're fun! And this one is my favorite so far. I found it yesterday:

http://www.seemypersonality.com

For me it seemed to get absolutely everything right about my personality besides the fact it said I didn't talk a lot. Although I was answering the test based on the way I am in RL, outside the internet, so even that result makes sense as I avoid people in RL a lot and hence don't talk to them much.

It's very in depth and gives you a LOT of questions. It's still probably just a load of Barnum statements and stuff. Although if it had said the opposite I would have definitely disagreed with the results Thinking I guess it is feeding the answers I give it back to me.

I guess if any personality test is at all supposed to be based on science it is the Big 5 personality test. As opposed to the usual crappy Myers Briggs test. And thinks test is based on the Big 5. So the most important thing to do to help it be accruate, if it has any chance of being accurate, is to be honest with your answers.

After answering many questions it gives you a chance to end the test early. But you can also keep going. It will ask you several times. Eventual it stops asking. I always refused and ended up doing like over 100 questions because I wanted it as accurate as possible.

Coincidence or not, it's the most accurate personality test I've done so far.

Here's my personality type overview:

73% Emotionally reactive
21% Extraverted
20% Open
0% Agreeable
0% Disciplined

"Your Personality Type is The Artisan (RICGS)
Artisans are emotionally reactive, which means that they experience their emotions strongly and can be very passionate., however also have a higher tendency to experience emotions such as anxiety, anger and depression. Due to their independence and reserve, sometimes the Artisan can be perceived as arrogant or unfriendly, however this is merely because they don't require the same level of social stimulation or interaction that others may seek. The Artisan generally prefers fact over fiction and security and stability over ambiguity and disorder. Sticking with convention and familiar routines is generally best. With a healthy skepticism of the motives of others, and a belief in justice and being self made, sometimes the Artisan can come across as guarded or intimidating. However the Artisan has a refreshing impulsiveness about them, they tend to dislike too many rules and regulations and can be casual and whimsical.

13.65% of people are Artisans"

I have to admit it's a lot more accurate than any other test I've done.

For those who know me, does this sound like me? Tongue
RE: My Favorite Personality Test So Far
[Image: 2bclao.jpg]

[Image: 2bclee.jpg]

[Image: 2bclh4.jpg]

[Image: 2bcljm.jpg]

[Image: 2bcllb.jpg]

[Image: 2bclml.jpg]

[Image: 2bclo9.jpg]

I think it's funny that they have "bored by art" as a weakness lol. Damn right!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Your Personality Type is The Prodigy (RIOGD)
Prodigies are emotionally reactive, which means that they experience their emotions strongly and can be very passionate., however also have a higher tendency to experience emotions such as anxiety, anger and depression. Due to their independence and reserve, sometimes the Prodigy can be perceived as arrogant or unfriendly, however this is merely because they don't require the same level of social stimulation or interaction that others may seek. The Prodigy enjoys a good balance between the real world and fantasy, they are mostly aware of and in touch with their emotions. Being open-minded to new and unusual ideas helps them to interact with the world. With a healthy skepticism of the motives of others, and a belief in justice and being self made, sometimes the Prodigy can come across as guarded or intimidating. However the Prodigy generally has good self discipline and is recognized as being able to plan and think ahead.
1.42% of people are Prodigies.  

There's nothing in there that conflicts much with my self perceptions.

I can't find the motivation to copy and paste anymore Wink

I guess it's mostly accurate, although with some of the motivation questions I was thinking of not being able to do things that I literally have not been able to do due to mental and physical health issues. That's not the tests fault. I don't think I've been content to get by on a minimal amount of work, when I have had things I can work at.
Maybe sometimes.

Being a little more reactive than stable is interesting. Possibly some truth to that.

Moderator Notice
Added hide tags. Please use hide tags when pasting big chunks of text
My results

I feel like I got a zero for intellect just because I don’t enjoy philosophy

Ooh cool I got the same personality type as CL
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 31, 2018 at 12:46 pm)Losty Wrote: I feel like I got a zero for intellect just because I don’t enjoy philosophy

LMAO. Probably best we don't get into that, hehe.

For what it's worth you can think philosophy is all a load of bullshit and still be very smart! Haha.

I'll put a screenshot of my full results (under hide tags), like CL did:

Lol mine and CL's scores are almost entirely opposite all over lol.
Unless they have a category for Pompous Ass, it's not worth my time.
<insert profound quote here>
Well at least your self-perception is already so accurate that you don't need a test!
KEY:
Agree
Disagree

Your Personality Type is The Inspector (RICGD)

Inspectors are emotionally reactive, which means that they experience their emotions strongly and can be very passionate., however also have a higher tendency to experience emotions such as anxiety, anger and depression. Due to their independence and reserve, sometimes the Inspector can be perceived as arrogant or unfriendly, however this is merely because they don't require the same level of social stimulation or interaction that others may seek. The Inspector generally prefers fact over fiction and security and stability over ambiguity and disorder. Sticking with convention and familiar routines is generally best. With a healthy skepticism of the motives of others, and a belief in justice and being self made, sometimes the Inspector can come across as guarded or intimidating. However the Inspector generally has good self discipline and is recognized as being able to plan and think ahead.

4.44% of people are Inspectors

You do not experience strong, irresistible cravings and consequently do not find yourself tempted to overindulge, however you experience panic, confusion, and helplessness when under pressure or stress. You get overwhelmed by too much noise and commotion and do not like thrill-seeking activities. You prefer dealing with either people or things rather than ideas. You regard intellectual exercises as a waste of your time. You dislike confrontations and are perfectly willing to compromise or to deny your own needs in order to get along with others, however you generally see others as selfish, devious, and sometimes potentially dangerous.  You take your time when making decisions and will deliberate on all the possible consequences and alternatives.

You feel tense, jittery, and nervous and often feel like something dangerous is about to happen. You may be afraid of specific situations or be just generally fearful. You feel enraged when things do not go your way. You are sensitive about being treated fairly and feel resentful and bitter if you think you are being cheated. Mostly your emotions are on an even keel and you do not get depressed easily. You are sensitive about what others think of you. Your concern about rejection and ridicule cause you to feel shy and uncomfortable around others. You are easily embarrassed and often feel ashamed. Your fears that others will criticize or make fun of you are exaggerated and unrealistic, but your awkwardness and discomfort may make these fears a self-fulfilling prophecy.

People generally perceive you as distant and reserved, and you do not usually reach out to others. You tend to feel overwhelmed by, and therefore actively avoid, large crowds. You often need privacy and time for yourself. You tend not to talk much and prefer to let others control the activities of groups. You lead a leisurely and relaxed life. You would prefer to sit back and smell the roses than indulge in high energy activities. You get overwhelmed by too much noise and commotion and do not like thrill-seeking activities. You are not prone to spells of energetic high spirits.

Often you find the real world is too plain and ordinary for your liking, and you use fantasy as a way of creating a richer, more interesting world for yourself. You are reasonably interested in the arts but are not totally absorbed by them. Generally you are not considered to be an emotional person, however you are aware of and in touch with your emotions. You prefer familiar routines and for things to stay the same. You can tend to feel uncomfortable with change.

You generally see others as selfish, devious, and sometimes potentially dangerous. There are times when you believe that a certain amount of deception in social relationships is necessary, however you are mostly candid, frank and sincere. People find it moderately easy to relate to you. You will help others if they are in need. If people ask for too much of your time you feel that they are imposing on you. You are willing to take credit for good things that you do but you don't often talk yourself up much. You are mostly a compassionate person, however you prefer to make objective judgements when possible.

Often you do not feel effective, and may have a sense that you are not in control of your life. You are well-organized and like to live according to routines and schedules. Often you will keep lists and make plans. You have a strong sense of duty and obligation, and feel a moral obligation to do the right thing. Mostly you work towards achieving your best, although in some areas you are content just to get the job done. You have a reasonable amount of will-power and are able to follow through on tasks that you feel you need to complete. You can be distracted however and have been known to procrastinate. You take your time when making decisions and will deliberate on all the possible consequences and alternatives.

---

Did it with text because the image link(s) were borked in Firefox.

Overall, it was pretty accurate.  I think the "doesn't like to think about things" part comes from me not enjoying philosophy.  While I like the broad strokes of philosophy, it almost always devolves into semantic masturbation, which just bores the shit out of me.  So, it's not that I dislike intellectual exercises in general.

I'm also not afraid or jittery, and I'm not prone to flying into rages if I don't get my way.  I have very specific things I am afraid of, or otherwise dislike, because of my disability, but I'm not afraid of life.

Regarding people, I like and love certain individuals just fine.  But people in general?  Yeah, I have a dim view of them.  One of the reasons why I'm a secular humanist is because I'd really like it if humanity could get its head out from its ass, and that's the best way I can think of to do it. And outside of the few people I actually care about, I don't care what others think of me.

So, yeah, pretty accurate test. A lot less red text than I anticipated.
(May 31, 2018 at 4:08 pm)Edwardo Piet Wrote: For what it's worth you can think philosophy is all a load of bullshit and still be very smart! Haha.

Or be obsessed with it and rather dull.

Why did you drag this out again? I never said philosophy is a load of bullshit in that thread. A lot of it is, especially the regurgitated, half-understood stuff people drag out in Internet "debates." However, I didn't even say that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoidant Personality Disorder Ahriman 12 972 October 20, 2022 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Of my usernames so far Foxaèr 11 538 June 12, 2021 at 11:06 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  2019 has sucked a fat one so far SteelCurtain 11 1396 February 19, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Transitioning test runs... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1080 November 2, 2018 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do you know why the end of the month is still too far away? Foxaèr 15 2347 April 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Test for Youngsters brewer 14 1457 April 14, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Personality Test Catholic_Lady 110 11947 January 21, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Political Test account_inactive 179 14171 November 24, 2016 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Neurodiverse/Neurotypical test. Edwardo Piet 70 9984 September 15, 2016 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  How far does your open-mindness go? rado84 22 2527 August 12, 2016 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: brewer