Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are those who support Trump defending him so much
Why are those who support Trump defending him so much
I really don't understand. These same people claim to be the most patriotic Americans, and yet think that the entire investigation against Trump and his cronies right now is a conspiracy of the deep state. Wouldn't an actual patriot be more upset that a foreign power attempted to interfere with their democratic process? Is is they don't want to accept that they made a mistake by voting for him? Is this the sunk cost fallacy coming into play here? You know, where you sink so much time and money into something you feel that it must be legitimate. I just find it disturbing that there are so many so called patriots that are more concerned about having their man in power than actually protecting this nation.

Boy, can you just imagine if Obama had done half the things Trump has done?
RE: Why are those who support Trump defending him so much
Cognitive dissonance can exist within politics just as much as it does within religion.
(June 13, 2018 at 4:38 pm)Kit Wrote: Cognitive dissonance can exist within politics just as much as it does within religion.

It's unfortunate, it really is. Sometimes late at night when I am driving to somewhere I will tune in and listen to some right wing talk shows, and it's unbearable listening to them. Being a Libertarian there's about 5% chance I agree with them on something, but the other 95% they just lie and make up so much shit it's incredible actually. I think that must be some kind of talent or something.
(June 13, 2018 at 4:38 pm)Kit Wrote: Cognitive dissonance can exist within politics just as much as it does within religion.

That’s an unnecessary way to avoid saying that they are predominantly dim witted reprobate scums devoid of any principles or urges to measure themselves by what they find to be temporarily expedient to use to measure other.
(June 13, 2018 at 4:44 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:

That’s an unnecessarily way of avoiding to say they are dim witted reprobate scums devoid of any principles or urges to measure themselves by what they find to be temporarily expedient to use to measure other.

I prefer to liken them to fuckheads
The same reason scientologists support scientology so much, and why Jim Jones followers drunk the Kool-Aid. They're a cult.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
I thought Obama was a pretty good President, but I didn’t defend everything he did, nor should anyone. Leaders aren’t infallible, and they shouldn’t be treated as such.
Having committed themselves to supporting a flaming asshole the trumptards simply cannot bring themselves to admit they were wrong.  In that, they are much like him.
The same crap exists in all kinds of forms. At my last job, we had some really incompetent people clogging the system. They'd get laid off when a program was finished, and rehired when a new one started up. I asked one of the managers had re-hired one of these types that are known to not be able to do the job why, and his comment was that management knows him. No amount of coaching could get these guys up to speed. They should never have been re-hired.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I assume russia/ussr has meddled in every election for 70+ years. Just like I assume the US has meddled in every Russian election (and probably every other election around the world).

I have no problem with the Mueller investigation.  I think the coverage of the story however is mostly misleading nonsense to get clicks and viewers from anti-Trump demographic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those Political Memes Foxaèr 828 61160 8 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  UBI support Poll neil 58 2680 April 1, 2024 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 20337 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  J.R.R Tolkien historical support of Franco of Spain, whats your view on it? Woah0 2 476 August 14, 2022 at 8:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4213 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Concert in support of Biden campaign Foxaèr 8 533 October 25, 2020 at 5:07 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1061 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1959 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1260 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1490 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger