Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man creates in his own image
Man creates in his own image
for the very fact that it somehow, illogically, detracts attention away from him.

I was watching a show involving a dinner party:

Woman (introducing a guest): And here is Bobby who created a robot who is racist. But why?

The why is easy enough to understand. The creator himself is racist, merely projecting on his creation that which he cannot convey himself yet somehow gets away with being personally called a racist due to what he has created.

If one thinks critically, in relation to the imaginative creation of religion, it makes sense that men who wrote such mythologies were conveying their own personal prejudices through their written creations.
RE: Man creates in his own image
Isn't it peculiar that when asking an individual about what their god likes or dislikes, it always seems to align with their own preferences? Even when there are Bible verses supporting god being a hateful bastard, i.e. thinking gays are an abomination, if an individual theist doesn't feel the same they'll simply brush it off and say, "Eh, those were different times, I don't really think god cares about that stuff. Also god HATES mustard."
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
You sure as shit won't find this in the south.

[Image: black-jesus-scafa2.jpg?v=1492403149]
(June 13, 2018 at 9:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You sure as shit won't find this in the south.

Surprisingly, despite not seeing the imagery, most black southern baptists relate to the "original" Jesus as being black, because it is a closer skin color to the Middle Eastern area than how silly 'Muricans think he was "white".
If you ask the white SoB's they'll tell you they aren't True Xtians.
Pretty sure there were no laws concerning anti competitive behaviour back then.
It was everyone in power for themselves. Total monopoly was considered the benchmark for success.
And with zero false advertising laws in place, the religions which prospered make total sense in retrospect.
Obviously, there was no god science around then so the evil manipulative lies flourished.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Is this why dildo's are so abundant?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 13, 2018 at 9:10 pm)Kit Wrote: for the very fact that it somehow, illogically, detracts attention away from him.

I was watching a show involving a dinner party:

Woman (introducing a guest): And here is Bobby who created a robot who is racist.  But why?

The why is easy enough to understand.  The creator himself is racist, merely projecting on his creation that which he cannot convey himself yet somehow gets away with being personally called a racist due to what he has created.

If one thinks critically, in relation to the imaginative creation of religion, it makes sense that men who wrote such mythologies were conveying their own personal prejudices through their written creations.

It the robot is against the Amalekites, then it would be fulfilling God's Holy Word.

Maybe Hammites too . . . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The most disturbing image I saw in my life WinterHold 86 8422 April 16, 2023 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 4036 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2960 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 3017 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Why can't I own Canadians? Dundee 14 1103 March 23, 2020 at 7:57 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Another "image" of Jesus goes viral Foxaèr 26 2667 May 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  An image for the Vorlon Foxaèr 2 599 September 22, 2018 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If God's Not An Asshole His Followers Are Minimalist 21 3046 August 13, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Invent your own saint, prophet, or religious equivalent The Valkyrie 32 3601 July 1, 2018 at 9:00 am
Last Post: oldpollock
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 14135 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated