Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't I own Canadians?

Quote:Dr. Laura's Bible

Several years ago someone sent a letter to Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the talk show host. That letter was quoted in Playboy and mentioned in a dialog on the TV show The West Wing. I find it humorous and something to consider when pondering New Testament versus Old Testament. Here is the letter:

Thank you for doing so much to deducate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to follow them.

(1) When I burn a bull as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is, my neighbors claim the odor is not pleasing. Should I smite them?

(2)I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

(3) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstral uncleanliness (Lev. 15: 19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

This is a text that has been on the internet for quite a while.

So you may already know it.

But I think it is worth while to post it here, too.  Smile

More about it:

Moderator Notice
Link removed due to 30/30 violation

Any comments?
RE: Why can't I own Canadians?
I own a small Canadian, I keep him in a locked box and feed him through a slot
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Does anyone know this text?
This satirical letter to a certain Dr. Laura?

This Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality
Yes, I’ve seen it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think you need to purchase with loonies.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 22, 2020 at 1:38 pm)Dundee Wrote: Does anyone know this text?
This satirical letter to a certain Dr. Laura?

This Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality

Did my own twist on this little bit of copypasta over a decade ago.

Hell, it was on an episode of The West Wing almost a decade before that.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 22, 2020 at 10:29 am)Dundee Wrote: Why can't I own Canadians?

Because you're not mature enough to mind one, as evidenced by your join date.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
They're impossible to house train and have a tendency to hump your leg.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 23, 2020 at 12:20 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: They're impossible to house train and have a tendency to hump your leg.

And they drink all the beer.....
(March 23, 2020 at 1:42 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(March 23, 2020 at 12:20 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: They're impossible to house train and have a tendency to hump your leg.

And they drink all the beer.....

Not a worry. Murican beer is too feeble for any Canadian to imbibe, even accidentally. It would be classified as soda pop by our customs agents if it weren't for the distinctive second-hand flavour.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11110 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Invent your own saint, prophet, or religious equivalent The Valkyrie 32 3592 July 1, 2018 at 9:00 am
Last Post: oldpollock
  Man creates in his own image Foxaèr 7 1096 June 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 14127 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16367 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Bad Religion: How Trump is warping Christianity for his own gain. Foxaèr 4 1046 February 6, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: GUBU
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 17 3824 November 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 18 4014 November 28, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  I am actually going to create my own religion ComradeMeow 21 5252 July 15, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5262 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope