Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year ago today
One year ago today
I quit smoking. That's one year cigarette free. No cravings either. I simply walked away from that madness. I'm glad I made it this far.

Gained weight in the process, but I had to get away from those nasty things because I was getting to a point where I just couldn't ever picture myself without a smoke. I'm glad I proved myself wrong.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: One year ago today
Bravissimo! Tough addiction to beat.

I quit at 7 AM on Oct. 1, 1988. Still remember the exact time and date. I was at the point where I took a carton of smokes with me for a two day trip, "just in case". I flushed nine packs that morning.
I'm so happy with your success !!!! ... it's really amazing, not everyone is successful, so the more I congratulate you Joods !!! Keep going!!! I'm with you with all my heart Heart !!
Warm hugs and love🌸♥️🤗

......I don't remember what was exactly a year ago on July 1 ... but somewhere a year ago I fallen in love Blush Angel
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
(July 1, 2018 at 7:28 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Bravissimo! Tough addiction to beat.

I quit at 7 AM on Oct. 1, 1988. Still remember the exact time and date. I was at the point where I took a carton of smokes with me for a two day trip, "just in case". I flushed nine packs that morning.

You are so right. It is a very tough addiction to beat. Maybe one of the worst ones. I tried unsuccessfully a dozen or so times before. Unfortunately, being a product of the 70's, every adult in my family smoked so I was curious. At ten. I really wish I had better role models back then.  Sad

Rob still smokes, however he isn't allowed to smoke in the house and even though I have begged him, he will smoke in the Malibu on the way to and from work. I don't care that he smokes. I just wish he wouldn't do it in my vehicle. Oh well. At least the Jeep is smoke free. Don't know what he's going to do when we are on vacation, but he isn't going to smoke while we're away. I would have thought that with the loss of his grandmother and her sister, from lung cancer and both being heavy smokers, that he would have found incentive to quit. I guess he isn't ready yet.

(July 1, 2018 at 7:32 am)KittyAnn Wrote: I'm so happy with your success !!!! ... it's really amazing, not everyone is successful, so the more I congratulate you Joods !!! Keep going!!! I'm with you with all my heart Heart !!
Warm hugs and love🌸♥️🤗

......I don't remember what was exactly a year ago on July 1 ... but somewhere a year ago I fallen in love Blush  Angel

Thank you so much Kitty. <3 <3 <3
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I kept telling myself "I'm stronger than this addiction!" Sometimes it was just barely true, but it became a fact after a few months.
Quitter. Tongue  Seriously, that's a great thing. One of my younger brothers died at 58 from tobacco-related illnesses. Even then, my youngest didn't quit until he went through surgery, chemo and radiation for laryngeal cancer. I hope you dodge all that!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I currently have COPD from asbestosis. If I had been smoking for the last thirty years I wouldn't have been smoking the last five.
Congrats! Notching that first year is a huge milestone.
Well done.
Dying to live, living to die.
Tres bien, Joods.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198077 11 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 927 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 962 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1083 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2269 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 622 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 745 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2175 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1114 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker