Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Baby Formula Contain Neurotoxins?
Does Baby Formula Contain Neurotoxins?
(July 9, 2018 at 11:38 am)Khemikal Wrote: [edit]

They;re produced by cultivating algae in retrofitted breweries and then extracting those fatty acids by way of hexane distillation (a military grade neurotoxin).   

[edit]
 Not meaning to derail (any more than public breast feeding has done) but you lost me at "military grade neurotoxin." Got documentation?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: America tries to tell the worlds infants No Boobs For You.
(July 9, 2018 at 6:18 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Not meaning to derail (any more than public breast feeding has done) but you lost me at "military grade neurotoxin." Got documentation?

That hexane used in oil extraction is a neurotoxin, or that it;s used in oil extraction?  None of this stuff is a trade secret. It;s used to separate oils in a column of suspended solids. Industrial exposure is a known known, and it;s been used in sarin cocktails (notably the tokyo subway incident). None of it should remain in the final product. It;s not the sort of thing a person has to hide, legally. Just wouldn;t look good on a formula label.

Quote:Hexane is used to extract edible oils from seeds and vegetables, as a special-use solvent, and as a cleaning agent. Acute (short-term) inhalation exposure of humans to high levels of hexane causes mild central nervous system (CNS) effects, including dizziness, giddiness, slight nausea, and headache. Chronic (long-term) exposure to hexane in air is associated with polyneuropathy in humans, with numbness in the extremities, muscular weakness, blurred vision, headache, and fatigue observed.

Neurotoxic effects have also been exhibited in rats.

No information is available on the carcinogenic effects of hexane in humans or animals. EPA has classified hexane as a Group D, not classifiable as to human carcinogenicity.

N-HEXANE is a clear colorless liquids with a petroleum-like odor. Flash points -9°F. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Vapors heavier than air. Used as a solvent, paint thinner, and chemical reaction medium.
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compoun...ection=Top
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 9, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(July 9, 2018 at 6:18 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Not meaning to derail (any more than public breast feeding has done) but you lost me at "military grade neurotoxin." Got documentation?

That hexane used in oil extraction is a neurotoxin, or that it;s used in oil extraction?  None of this stuff is a trade secret.  It;s used to separate oils in a column of suspended solids.  Industrial exposure is a known known, and it;s been used in sarin cocktails (notably the tokyo subway incident).  None of it should remain in the final product.  It;s not the sort of thing a person has to hide, legally.  Just wouldn;t look good on a formula label.

Quote:Hexane is used to extract edible oils from seeds and vegetables, as a special-use solvent, and as a cleaning agent. Acute (short-term) inhalation exposure of humans to high levels of hexane causes mild central nervous system (CNS) effects, including dizziness, giddiness, slight nausea, and headache. Chronic (long-term) exposure to hexane in air is associated with polyneuropathy in humans, with numbness in the extremities, muscular weakness, blurred vision, headache, and fatigue observed.

Neurotoxic effects have also been exhibited in rats.

No information is available on the carcinogenic effects of hexane in humans or animals. EPA has classified hexane as a Group D, not classifiable as to human carcinogenicity.

N-HEXANE is a clear colorless liquids with a petroleum-like odor. Flash points -9°F. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Vapors heavier than air. Used as a solvent, paint thinner, and chemical reaction medium.

I'm familiar with everything you posted. Just curious as to "military grade neurotoxin"? What makes it military grade or what are the military applications as a neurotoxin?
(July 10, 2018 at 6:53 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(July 9, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Khemikal Wrote: That hexane used in oil extraction is a neurotoxin, or that it;s used in oil extraction?  None of this stuff is a trade secret.  It;s used to separate oils in a column of suspended solids.  Industrial exposure is a known known, and it;s been used in sarin cocktails (notably the tokyo subway incident).  None of it should remain in the final product.  It;s not the sort of thing a person has to hide, legally.  Just wouldn;t look good on a formula label.

I'm familiar with everything you posted. Just curious as to "military grade neurotoxin"? What makes it military grade or what are the military applications as a neurotoxin?
I understand its used heavily in jet propulsion fuel 8 to a point of assessing toxic exposure to military personnel

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207633/
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(July 10, 2018 at 6:53 am)mh.brewer Wrote: What makes it military grade or what are the military applications as a neurotoxin?

As a reactant that is, itself, a neurotoxin...it pulls double duty in chemical weapons, such as sarin gas canisters. Activating payloads while it produces it;s own effects.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 10, 2018 at 9:57 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(July 10, 2018 at 6:53 am)mh.brewer Wrote: What makes it military grade or what are the military applications as a neurotoxin?

As a reactant that is, itself, a neurotoxin...it pulls double duty in chemical weapons, such as sarin gas canisters.  Activating payloads while it produces it;s own effects.

In sarin gas canisters it's the diluent and not used for it's toxic effects. The exposure time required to cause effects is to long to be used by itself as a military grade neurotoxin. 

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp113.pdf

I'm beginning to think that you used military grade neurotoxin for dramatic effect.
I consider any neurotoxin contained in a chemical weapon package military grade. As I said, it;s not that it matters other than its effect if it had to be labeled. None remains in the product (I can;t even imagine how it conceivably could).

The risk with hexane is prolonged exposure. If you;re the paranoid type...feeding your kid formula 8 times a day that;s somehow been contaminated. Again I'll stress that I can;t imagine how that would or could happen....but parents would inevitably connect the dots out of worry...and trying to avoid that headache is what caused the producers to engage in deceptive marketing and labeling aided and abetted by pocket regulators. Personally, I never felt any guilt or doubt about my involvement in production. The corporate end was just a giant clusterfuck that made problems where none needed to be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irish government to apologise over mother-and-baby homes zebo-the-fat 6 451 January 12, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7523 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Baby T-rex for sale brewer 4 501 April 18, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Aborting Baby Hitler... Rev. Rye 71 6769 January 20, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Preist slaps crying baby in the face at baptism LadyForCamus 46 5503 June 25, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Man Baby's Bad Week Minimalist 0 562 May 17, 2017 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Royal Baby on the way account_inactive 45 5014 December 1, 2016 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Given a chance would you kill baby Hitler? brewer 215 16602 December 2, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Detroit EMS worker fired for refusing CPR on a baby c172 1 984 June 26, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pediatrician Refuses Treatment of Baby of Lesbian Parents AFTT47 148 21625 April 11, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Mothonis