Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War on Christmas
War on Christmas
Are you going to take part in it this year?

And what is your weapon?

Personally I rather like a plank with a nail in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas#C..._criticism

"Puritans (including those who fled to America) sought to remove the remaining pagan elements of Christmas. During this period, the English Parliament banned the celebration of Christmas entirely, considering it "a popish festival with no biblical justification", and a time of wasteful and immoral behavior."

Removing pagan elements, eh? LOL, if pagans gave to charity, would we ban that too?

Bah! They can pry my presents from my cold dead hands.
"People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers." - Mythology for Profit
RE: War on Christmas

I'll take one of these.
I'm more concerned about the Christian war on Mithras and Saturnalia! The christians completely stole Mithras' Birthday right out from under him!

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
I just can't bring myself to join the war. I won't be celebrating, but my guy is actually a Christian!

I will let them have their fun, and I will have my own fun, too.
What can I say, I like giving & receiving presents. The religious aspect doesn't even come into play.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Christmas is "booze and ham day" for my family.

It's a good time.

I really think all the effort to remove holiday specific religious scenes from public buildings is dumb. It would be like a racist feeling excluded by "Martin Luther king day" and demanding Hitler posters besides it. It's got so fucking bad that one Courthouse in the state has a life-sized Luke Skywalker for all the people who identify as "Jedi" because of the "war on Christmas" - Though the Fox news reaction is equally fucked.
First non-Christmas this year, family's strapped for cash. My mother thought I'd be disappointed, but I'm honestly just looking forward to sleeping in. No war for me, I'm like Switzerland... or the moon. Confused Fall
"Faith is about taking a comforting, childlike view of a disturbing and complicated world." ~ Edward Current

[Image: Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_by_stampystampy.gif] [Image: 91b7ba0967f80c8c43c58fdf3fa0571a.gif] [Image: Secular_Humanist_by_MaruLovesStamps.gif]
(December 12, 2010 at 1:13 am)FadingW Wrote: Are you going to take part in it this year?

And what is your weapon?

"The Sword of the Spirit" which is the bible.
undefined
I love me some winter solstice! And presents! Can't forget the presents! Free stuff is always good. Tongue
I need some people to promote "booze and ham day" with me!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 551 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Gospels and the war in Ukraine. Jehanne 15 2011 April 7, 2022 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 8625 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  Relic to return to Bethlehem in time for Christmas zebo-the-fat 18 2187 December 8, 2019 at 7:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Christmas again! zebo-the-fat 14 1489 December 2, 2019 at 6:50 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11545 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The War on Christmas Chad32 29 4043 January 15, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3987 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4439 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3246 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker