Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobia
Homophobia
I've noticed that Christian groups have been busy lately with their attacks on homosexual people with their own made up "facts" about them which is that homosexuals in accordance with democrats are planing to soon legalize pedophilia and bestiality because, according to them, these are the same things. And also I've noticed at least one Christian on this forum that is pushing that agenda.

Starting from these kind of posters that conservatives like James Woods are sharing online
[Image: 3AYfpozB_o.jpg]
you can read more about those posters here:
https://www.them.us/story/behind-the-wei...-community
https://www.them.us/story/fake-pedophile...ter-oregon

Or recently a Christian Group's Director Claimed "Pedophilia is a Part of Homosexuality" and that because of that is just behind a corner to be legalized

starts at 7m:14s

And also on "Right Wing Watch" where they are reporting as they explain:

Quote:on the extreme rhetoric and activities of key right-wing figures and organizations by showing their views in their own words. In this clip, Star Parker asserts that the "B" in "LGBTQ" stands for "bestiality."
https://soundcloud.com/rightwingwatch/rw...bestiality

While at the same time they forget that peadophilia is already legal in US and is kept alive by conservative Christians like themselves.
Like how come I never see conservatives protest against Chris Christie after he did this last year:
[Image: ZUDqk38o_o.jpg]
https://www.politico.com/states/new-jers...tie-111987

In other words why not fight real enemy instead of made up fantasy? Could it be that Christians are bigots and they don't care what is the truth as long as they can persecute people they happen to hate?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Homophobia
Posts like this would have more credibility if people didnt constantly lump moronic extremists with more moderate Christians who vastly outnumber a vocal fringe.
<insert profound quote here>
(August 3, 2018 at 10:53 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Posts like this would have more credibility if people didnt constantly lump moronic extremists with more moderate Christians who vastly outnumber a vocal fringe.

So why aren't the moderates doing anything then?  Unless your willing to ban together to make a statement about the "true believers" of your faith you don't get to whinge when a little paint gets on you when people start using broad brushes.
RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Yeah... anyone who thinks a consensual homosexual relationship is equivalent to abusing a child is seriously messed up in the head.

I think some of the bigotry comes from insecure people, who worry that people will think they are gay if they don't badmouth the gays. People who don't especially care what other people think, and don't see being gay as a bad thing, have no need to lash out.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
They want to conflate homosexuality with this other stuff because it's harder to argue against two consenting adults doing what they want to do, than adults doing stuff with kids and animals.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 3, 2018 at 10:53 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Posts like this would have more credibility if people didnt constantly lump moronic extremists with more moderate Christians who vastly outnumber a vocal fringe.

I've heard the same bullshit from moderates, too, Neo.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I've heard the same bullshit from Neo.  LOL, trollbaitpost. The only difference between "extremists" and their allied moderates in american christianity..is that the "extremists" say the quiet parts out loud.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 3, 2018 at 10:57 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: So why aren't the moderates doing anything then?  Unless your willing to ban together to make a statement about the "true believers" of your faith you don't get to whinge when a little paint gets on you when people start using broad brushes.
RAmen

I didn’t know who James Woods was until this thread. The antics of minor actors are not on my radar. What I can say is that the disgusting behavior of the Westboro Baptist Church was widely condemned. That serves as at least one example of self-policing.
<insert profound quote here>

If only it were easier to tell moderate xtians apart from moronic extremists!

Remember the whole Chick-fil-a thing from a few years back? Opposition to gay rights is a widespread phenomenon among contemporary evangelicals. Hordes of people came out and made their postion known.

My Dad goes to a run of the mill Baptist Church where they spout the same sort of nonsense. They aren't the Westboro type of Baptists; God isn't hating any fags in there. But things like gay marriage and "the homosexual lifestyle" are disapproved of. Apparently because such things denounced in the Bible.

But so is divorce. According to Matthew 5:32, not only is divorce forbidden by Jesus, but any woman who remarries commits adultery.

But no Baptist in their right mind is going to beat that drum so fervently. They wouldn't want to alienate half their congregation. Better that they judge and condemn something unpopular. Frat boys still commonly have "no queers" rules in their frat houses, and gays are commonly bullied by people who have no religious affiliation whatsoever. The Christians just pile on, contributing to the bullying of this "out-group"... using people's inborn societal prejudices as a starting point and then justifying it all with scripture.

What can be said about modern Christianity's focus on a couple of edicts from Leviticus (a book whose laws they otherwise ignore) while neglecting a commandment that comes straight from the mouth of Jesus... simply because it is popular for believers to break that commandment?

I believe the correct term is "moral cowardice."