Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrity At FOX?
Integrity At FOX?
Apparently it means "quitting."

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-conor-p...n-unhappy/

Quote:Fox News Correspondent Conor Powell Resigns: ‘Lots of Reporters Are Very Unhappy’

Conor Powell was “uncomfortable with the direction of the news organization in recent months,” a person familiar with the matter told TheWrap

Quote:In his public post, Powell did not reveal why he had left, but an individual familiar with the matter told TheWrap that he was “uncomfortable with the direction of the news organization in recent months. Fewer news shows. More opinion shows. Less resources for reporters to report.”

The individual added, “Lots of reporters are very unhappy with directions of FNC right now.”
RE: Integrity At FOX?
Just now, these last few months?  Bwahahahahaha.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Alex Jones is probably being interviewed for a two hour slot.
(August 7, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently it means "quitting."

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-conor-p...n-unhappy/

Quote:Fox News Correspondent Conor Powell Resigns: ‘Lots of Reporters Are Very Unhappy’

Conor Powell was “uncomfortable with the direction of the news organization in recent months,” a person familiar with the matter told TheWrap

Quote:In his public post, Powell did not reveal why he had left, but an individual familiar with the matter told TheWrap that he was “uncomfortable with the direction of the news organization in recent months. Fewer news shows. More opinion shows. Less resources for reporters to report.”

The individual added, “Lots of reporters are very unhappy with directions of FNC right now.”

"Recent months"? How about 20 years?

Sheppard Smith is about the only talent there who can seem to stop when it becomes over the top bullshit. 

I do think however, the more individuals who are sane keep pounding that network with the fact that a politician vilifying the entire industry is dangerous, is what is making some pull their head out of the sand.
(August 7, 2018 at 12:53 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Just now, these last few months?  Bwahahahahaha.

To be fair there has always been more than one side to Fox news.

They had regular news programs that mostly just reported.  Not much different than any random local news show.  XYZ happened. Then they had their opinion shows disguised as news, and that is where they utterly fail. And it is in that very yellow journalism department that they have grown, and grown monstrous.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(August 7, 2018 at 4:49 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(August 7, 2018 at 12:53 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Just now, these last few months?  Bwahahahahaha.

To be fair there has always been more than one side to Fox news.

They had regular news programs that mostly just reported.  Not much different than any random local news show.  XYZ happened. Then they had their opinion shows disguised as news, and that is where they utterly fail. And it is in that very yellow journalism department that they have grown, and grown monstrous.

I used to watch Hannity and Colmes and rooted for Colmes.

But back then that was about the only program on that network I considered remotely balanced. They ditched Colmes because he kept telling the truth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever Wonder Where FOX Trains Its FOX FUX? Minimalist 1 259 June 22, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Fox News Defends Prayer Forced By The State Mechaghostman2 5 415 February 11, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Pervert Predator Bites The Dust at FOX Minimalist 11 2020 September 10, 2017 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Fox News talking head channeling Anthony Weiner vorlon13 8 1342 August 5, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Lucifer on FOX Heat 36 7023 March 12, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Utopia (on Fox) c172 14 3792 September 8, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Fox News claims it's a "verifiable fact" that Santa is white. Rev. Rye 14 2824 December 22, 2013 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Fox News: Costco -- The Bible Is Fiction rexbeccarox 12 3802 November 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Tea Party says Fox News is too liberal TaraJo 8 3128 March 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Jon Stewart Shoves The Election Up FOX's Ass Minimalist 5 1925 November 10, 2012 at 6:36 am
Last Post: 5thHorseman