Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eternal bliss
Eternal bliss
A question for those who believe that they are going to somewhere lovely after their deaths.
How can you possibly have any idea what you are signing up for? You invest time effort and emotional energy trying to ensure that you end up in heaven/paradise whatever, what if it's crap when you get there?

When I invest even small amounts on short breaks, I will always read up about the destination, read reviews, talk to people who have been there to try establish whether it's worth the investment. I question, where will I be staying? Will there be anything of interest for me to do? Is it value for money etc.. This usually insures a decent break or holiday.

Can any of you explain to me exactly what you are expecting? or are you happy to admit that you haven't got a clue what you've signed up for? If I was going somewhere forever I would want to know.
RE: Eternal bliss
Prager has you covered here.

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Lucifer with his groupe of angels had "eternal bliss" and yet they decided to leave heaven.
Heaven. The first trillion years are exceptionally good, exciting and interesting, but after that it gets a bit boring.

Norm
Heaven is full of all the good things like brocolli and brussel sprouts and self control and none of the bad evil things like bacon and alcohol and kinky sex.
I think I'll go push an old lady in front of a bus...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 25, 2018 at 3:41 am)ignoramus Wrote: Heaven is full of all the good things like brocolli and brussel sprouts and self control and none of the bad evil things like bacon and alcohol and kinky sex.

What if we want broccoli and kinky sex? Limbo?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 25, 2018 at 3:41 am)ignoramus Wrote: Heaven is full of all the good things like brocolli and brussel sprouts

The Book of Botany Chapter VII

VII, X ...and in the day of shame in the fields the crops were poor because of crab grass

VII, XI  and the Brocolli did lay limp and un-erect, and the Brussels would not Sprout

VII, XII and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth for the farmer was helpless for an answer to this evil, for only radishes remained and they truly sucked

VII, XIII and Jesus did pass throughout the field and the farmer truly recognised him and came forth saying to Jesus "take me to your weeder"

Norm
See my signature.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 25, 2018 at 3:44 am)Losty Wrote:
(August 25, 2018 at 3:41 am)ignoramus Wrote: Heaven is full of all the good things like brocolli and brussel sprouts and self control and none of the bad evil things like bacon and alcohol and kinky sex.

What if we want broccoli and kinky sex? Limbo?

I don't do limbo... My knees are fooked.
(August 25, 2018 at 2:11 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Lucifer with his groupe of angels had "eternal bliss" and yet they decided to leave heaven.

That kind of throws a wrench in things, doesn't it? apparently it's possible to be unhappy in heaven, and get yourself kicked out if you think new leadership is in order. So even if you get into heaven, there's no guarantee you'll remain there.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eternal Damnation Hungry Hungry Hippo 14 5026 August 15, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Hungry Hungry Hippo
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12422 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Eternal punishment is pointless. Ryantology 497 59434 December 5, 2014 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  God is not the only eternal one ! (if he exist) reality.Mathematician 16 3438 June 19, 2014 at 3:06 am
Last Post: reality.Mathematician
  Hell is eternal life smax 14 4650 April 25, 2014 at 9:08 am
Last Post: JuliaL
  My reasoning in rejecting eternal torture/hell... Mystic 75 22092 April 9, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thoughts on the "eternal consciousness" / "everything is energy" theories... hoppimike 8 4989 June 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Adjusted Sanity
  eternal recurence darkblight 15 4950 August 23, 2011 at 10:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Is Ghandi goint to hell or eternal death Ervin 62 24684 March 8, 2011 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Hell is eternal because God is infinite? RosieLass 26 10404 October 16, 2010 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist