Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I lose my soul, do I die?
If I lose my soul, do I die?
Let's say my soul somehow gets destroyed or removed. What happens to my body?

Does it die, or carry on living? If it's the latter, what changes would/could be observed?

For fellow sceptics, how do you think most believers would respond?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: If I lose my soul, do I die?
I got my soul disembodied a few years ago. Freak accident with the vacuum cleaner.

I can't say much has changed. If anything, there are minor improvements. Justin Bieber sounds much better now. As does most contemporary music.
I sold my soul to the devil, but he can't collect till he keeps up his end of the deal.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 1, 2018 at 8:09 pm)robvalue Wrote: Let's say my soul somehow gets destroyed or removed. What happens to my body?

Does it die, or carry on living? If it's the latter, what changes would/could be observed?

For fellow sceptics, how do you think most believers would respond?

I would guess most theists would say that the soul is actually the living part of you, and that its loss would be physical death.

Lets see though, interesting question.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
No such worry as a soul!  Once we go, we go!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

No, you become a ringwraith, duh.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think you become a republicunt!
You need to watch Supernatural.

If you lose your soul you live but you lose all empathy for people and don’t hold back responding to dark urges

Basically, you become a republican.
Dying to live, living to die.

I lost my soul when I was young. My father sold my soul for a pair of used tires for the station wagon and a subscription to Life magazine.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 1, 2018 at 9:50 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: No, you become a ringwraith, duh.

I would totally take being a ring wraith provided I got one of those flying dragonny things to ride.  If it is just some ghost horse screw it.  I'djust keep the soul until I can get a better deal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which major religion will die first? FrustratedFool 6 796 September 17, 2023 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The problem of the soul zwanzig 142 10310 August 15, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  I dreamt that when you die, you end up flying in darkness. But in the midst of it Edge92 27 1735 June 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What is your Soul Count? Graufreud 39 4369 July 23, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8528 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Officially sold my "soul" for the second time. Foxaèr 2 1058 January 28, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why are Christians scared to die? Old Baby 57 9389 February 3, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Theists, What If Your "Soul" Isn't Really Immortal? God of Mr. Hanky 22 5452 February 3, 2016 at 6:22 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The afterlife and the soul Vincent 87 18129 January 11, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  What the hell is a 'soul' anyway? Lucanus 128 27819 September 7, 2015 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Ronkonkoma