Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need more friends....
I need more friends....
If anyone wants to add me as a friend on facebook, and why not { thinking } then my name is Jack Pritchard and I'm on the Portsmouth network.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: I need more friends....
do you know anybody famous?
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.
(January 11, 2009 at 4:32 am)Darwinian Wrote: If anyone wants to add me as a friend on facebook, and why not { thinking } then my name is Jack Pritchard and I'm on the Portsmouth network.

I'll add you sure because I know you as someone online but I never really got this Facebook ethos of adding as many people as you can ... it's like it's some kind of bloody status symbol you don't seem to be like that though).

I don't really do much with FB though ... maybe visit every couple of weeks.

Kyu
Thanks for that Smile

I'm not really into adding as many people as I can but as my facebook page was looking so pathetic I thought I'd try to beef it up a bit.
(January 11, 2009 at 5:19 am)puglover Wrote: do you know anybody famous?

I once met Darth Vader at Hyde Park in London, got Fern Brittons autograph for my daughter when she was 3 and my cousin went to school with Marilyn (friend of Boy George).

Oh, and for a while I exchanged emails with Ed Witton.
(January 11, 2009 at 11:38 am)Darwinian Wrote: I once met Darth Vader at Hyde Park in London, got Fern Brittons autograph for my daughter when she was 3 and my cousin went to school with Marilyn (friend of Boy George).

Ah, but did you meet The Green Cross Man or Darth Vader? That's the question Smile

I've been to a couple of Expo's and met Claudia Christian ("B5"), Warwick Davis ("Willow", "Star Wars: ROTJ", "Harry Potter"), Jeff Conaway ("B5", "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark"), Marc Singer ("V", "Dallas"), Ed Wasser ("B5"), Tim Russ ("ST:Voyager", "Samantha Who?"), Garret Wang ("ST:Voyager"), Dirk Benedict ("BattleStar Galactica, 1979", "The A-Team"), Herb Jefferson Jr. ("BattleStar Galactica, 1979") and, last but not least, a Dalek and a Cyberman Smile ... there were a few others but there you go.

Oh I suppose I've also met George Lucas (amongst many others in the theatre) ... he said I was (we all were) Jedi, LOL.

Kyu
This fellow

[Image: 250px-David_Prowse%2C_2006.jpg]
[Image: F_200609_september20_66016a.jpg]
This guy.

[Image: philippa_forrester07.jpg]
This friendly and funny lady.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(January 11, 2009 at 2:47 pm)Darwinian Wrote: This fellow

Yeah Dave Prowse, The Green Cross Man and the man who was physically Darth Vader but he was effectively little more than a stunt man as the voice was that of James Earl Jones (can you imagine Vader talking with Prowse's west country lilt? Terrifying? Hmmm!) and even when they did the final reveal in ROTJ it was another actor completely.

Sorry but I'm a total techno/movie (especially SF movies) geek Smile

Back to remodelling my cellar as a movie/gaming/computing room Big Grin

Kyu
Sorry, never really understood social networking. I was on Facebook for about 6 months and accumulated 60 friends -- all of whom i hadn't spoken to for years. I concluded that I didn't stay in touch with any more people with facebook than without so gave it all up. I'm sure some people get quite a lot out of it.

How is Pompey these days? My girlfriend used to live there and I remember the glorious days dodging chavs around Gunwharf, seeing Charles Dickens' birthplace (what a rip off -- £3.50 to look around a 2 bed terrace!!) and having some truly revolting meals in Southsea. Ah, it's so easy to focus on the negative. There're some lovely things to do around there -- Portchester Castle grounds is excellent for picnics, walks along Southsea 'beach' (what is it with the South Coast and stone beaches?) and days out in Winchester, Chichester and Bognor. Also had an excellent meal at 8 Kings Road in Pompey -- highly recommend!
God Calls Me God

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 507 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Can you filthy foreigners please invite your friends? Losty 43 2956 May 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4806 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1791 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  I NEED ONE MORE REP Edwardo Piet 9 1055 February 3, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: shadow
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 3463 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  hi i'm tori wanna be friends?! Shell B 45 5013 April 16, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dumping friends over politics or religion J a c k 115 11259 February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Thal
Heart Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break. Edwardo Piet 49 3997 December 5, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Sad Goddamned asshole "friends" Aractus 7 1253 November 1, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Chad32