Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why teach Creationism over Science
Why teach Creationism over Science
It bugs me that im always hearing about people wanting to teach creationism in place of science. First of all it is false. Second it is not even taught as a science in church it is taught in the same way they teach history. They dont try to teach you how things work they just lay out a series of events for you. So them replacing science with creationism is like replacing science with american history.
"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions" -Frater Ravus
RE: Why teach Creationism over Science
I like to call that sort of thing "Assertionism" Tongue
The reason they teach creationism over science is idiots needs reassurance that other people can be made to be as idiotic as they and would thus not call them out.
(December 20, 2010 at 4:27 am)Chuck Wrote: The reason they teach creationism over science is idiots needs reassurance that other people can be made to be as idiotic as they and would thus not call them out.

Lol! Clap
"God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

"Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).
(December 20, 2010 at 4:16 am)Znedrow4 Wrote: It bugs me that im always hearing about people wanting to teach creationism in place of science. First of all it is false. Second it is not even taught as a science in church it is taught in the same way they teach history. They dont try to teach you how things work they just lay out a series of events for you. So them replacing science with creationism is like replacing science with american history.

It bugs me too, but there are still far too many people out there who can't seporate fantasy from reality.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(December 20, 2010 at 5:12 am)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:
(December 20, 2010 at 4:16 am)Znedrow4 Wrote: It bugs me that im always hearing about people wanting to teach creationism in place of science. First of all it is false. Second it is not even taught as a science in church it is taught in the same way they teach history. They dont try to teach you how things work they just lay out a series of events for you. So them replacing science with creationism is like replacing science with american history.

It bugs me too, but there are still far too many people out there who can't seporate fantasy from reality.

Speaking of people not being able to separate fantasy from reality...

I was watching a taping of a conversation between Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss, and they were discussing this very issue. Dawkins related the notion of incorporating Intelligent Design alongside Darwinism to incorporating the stork theory of how babies are made alongside the sexual reproduction theory. Lol.
"God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

"Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).
Those who advocate teaching creation aren't opposing science, we are opposing the theory of evolution and the claim that it has been scientifically proved to be true. Here is a site that shows that creation can be supported scientifically:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

(December 20, 2010 at 1:11 pm)theophilus Wrote:
Those who advocate teaching creation aren't opposing science, we are opposing the theory of evolution and the claim that it has been scientifically proved to be true. Here is a site that shows that creation can be supported scientifically:

Their slogan is..

Believing it. Defending it. Proclaiming it.

And with that single statement, any scientific credibility this site may have had is completely destroyed!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Still sprinkling answersingenesis shit around as if those jackasses have anything to say, eh Theo?

When will you ever learn?
(December 20, 2010 at 1:11 pm)theophilus Wrote:

You have to be either lying or joking. If the former I suggest you pray for forgiveness.

Move over Ken Miller, Steven Gould (sadly expired), Richard Dawkins and welcome Duane Gish, Ray Comfort, Kent Hovind (sadly none of which have expired). This lie has been roundly defeated in US courts twice now and has never nor ever will come to trial in Europe. If you want to be ignorant thats fine, but you can't be happy to others are ignorant too (including children); shame on you and your kind sir!Angry
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1227 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1374 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2620 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 48080 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 2746 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172
  My case against Creationism and Infinite regression ErGingerbreadMandude 60 10037 April 26, 2016 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Teach children about Jesus at a young age, Foxaèr 171 29177 March 22, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism Cyberman 5 1503 March 12, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Fundie Creationism song 2016 drfuzzy 17 3635 January 29, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why i choose science reason and atheism over religion dyresand 28 7322 December 29, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: dyresand