Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sob stories
Sob stories
My parents disowned me at an early age. I met a girl that they disliked and saw fit to cut me off for years.. They are both dead now and I never made it up with them before they died. I loved my parents as a kid, and think about them all the time.. I think that's why I'm a bit mental.

Tell me stuff about you.. Let's cry together.
RE: Sob stories
kit fell off his bike this week.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(September 29, 2018 at 5:32 pm)J a c k Wrote: kit fell off his bike this week.

*Kit
It's looking like Hubby is going to leave in a few days to go work at the beach (we are a remodel/rebuild/repairs, etc. business). It's where the work is right now after the Hurricane. He has friends there doing it already, it looks like we've found him a furnished rental, and all the pieces are starting to fall into place and he expects to be gone for MONTHS, only coming home on the weekends.

He hasn't worked that way in over 30 years, since I put my foot down when Childperson was in elementary school.

Hubby AND TTA all in such a short span? Killin' me.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
I had to retire at age 54. Sons a Bitches!!!!!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Oh, you know, just the usual, normal stuff.

Physically abused by a raging stepfather, almost killed by same stepfather, made hard-of-hearing because of lack of medical attention from mother and stepfather, placed in a foster home where I was bullied by older kids, verbally abused by alcoholic biological father when his mother was actively searching for me and he gained full custody, disowned by same asshole father when I came out for being gay, mistakingly thinking the man has changed and tried to get back in contact with him a few times, homeless and nearly living on the streets on a few separate occasions.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 29, 2018 at 7:21 pm)Kit Wrote: Oh, you know, just the usual, normal stuff.

Physically abused by a raging stepfather, almost killed by same stepfather, made hard-of-hearing because of lack of medical attention from mother and stepfather, placed in a foster home where I was bullied by older kids, verbally abused by alcoholic biological father when his mother was actively searching for me and he gained full custody, disowned by same asshole father when I came out for being gay, mistakingly thinking the man has changed and tried to get back in contact with him a few times, homeless and nearly living on the streets on a few separate occasions.

Fuckinay, that's a load to carry! Consoling
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
You know Rodney Dangerfield had the saddest life story I ever heard

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 29, 2018 at 5:25 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: My parents disowned me at an early age. I met a girl that they disliked and saw fit to cut me off for years.. They are both dead now and I never made it up with them before they died. I loved my parents as a kid, and think about them all the time.. I think that's why I'm a bit mental.

Tell me stuff about you.. Let's cry together.

Seems like parents have the power to inflict the most damage in our lives.
My parents were and are emotionally cold; that coupled with being one of five kids means I received little attention, positive or negative, while growing up.
I'm not sure how I haven't turned out much worse than I am.
But I also wonder how things would have turned out if I had more open and loving parents.

-Teresa
There was never enough hydromorphone.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One sentence scary stories Foxaèr 25 1229 August 16, 2023 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 1591 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Favorite Halloween Ghost Stories BrokenQuill92 3 1305 October 22, 2015 at 1:10 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Rags to riches stories why they tick me off. Brian37 28 2747 May 12, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  10 April Fools Stories which aren't Fidel_Castronaut 5 1116 April 1, 2015 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Drunk stories? Boris Karloff 15 3039 February 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  Hitchhiking stories CapnAwesome 4 1469 February 7, 2013 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: John V
  Darwin Awards....submit your stories you know of Brian37 0 1028 May 31, 2012 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Funny Stories Eilonnwy 20 8611 June 15, 2010 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: fr0d0