Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny Stories
Funny Stories
I thought it would be fun to share funny RL stories. Doesn't have to be anything specific as long as it's not an inside joke thing or a "you have to be there moment". Just something fun, that makes you breakdown in laughter whenever you think of it or share it with others.

This topic was inspired when I was on my way to work and remembered something that made me laugh on my bike, and probably look like an idiot. Tongue

Anyway, the event happened last fall. I was at a convention in New Hampshire called Another Anime Convention. (This would be the one where you, Adrian, were skyped in for a hotel room party. -_^ ) Anyway, I bought some fireworks on the fourth of July and never set them off, so I brought them to a convention. Great idea, right?

Well on Saturday we decided to set them off, after having a few drinks no less. We ended up going to a walkway behind the hotel that was just before a wooded area. It was a bit damp from earlier rain. We had Roman Candles and my friend Harris he insisted he knew how to use them. So we let him light it. There were about 5 of us if I remember correctly. Our other friends were watching us from the hotel window. So Harris lights the thing, but there's a problem. He lights it holding the fused end towards himself, mistakenly thinking that the fireworks come from the other end. I try to correct him and he's like, "No, this is right!"

I back away and the first one goes off, louder than expected, and careens toward our friend Cory. A couple more shoot in our direction, we freak out, Harris panics and drops the damn thing. It continues going off, spinning on the ground tossing fireworks in all directions. We book it from the back of the hotel, all the while Harris screams repeatedly. "THIS WAS ILL PLANNED!!!" We get back into the hotel as fast as we can, meet our friends who had been watching us, they're laughing their asses off and crying, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" Sure enough they watched the roman candle spin around and land in the woods. It almost started a fire, but the woods were damp so it went out.

It was scary as hell when the thing first went off, but it really has to be one of the funniest moments I've ever had. It was a terrible plan from start to finish, and we could have seriously hurt ourselves, but luckily nothing like that happened and now I have a funny story to share. Just imagining what we must of looked like, running and screaming from a loose Roman Candle must have been priceless from our hotel room audience.

So guys? Any of you have some good ones? I got another one, but I'll wait to share.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Funny Stories
What happens when a bunch of drunk idiots pledging a fraternity try to 'invent' while ice-blocking?

Why, we figured if we all held hands and tensed up, the motion of the virtual 'bar' composed by all of us would spin around an axis as the whole mass slid down the hill.

This was the result:
[Image: 9034_153472767152_86197832152_2734308_5661134_n.jpg]

I am the one holding my leg, hopping on one foot. The fellow in the back sailed over my head and still managed to get kicked in the balls by yet another prospective member.

Ah, the joys of doing stupid things and having a camera for memories later.
Back in highschool, a friend (J) got his license and bought himself a shitty car so we went on a lot of night-time drive-abouts doing stupid irresponsible crap.

One particular night, we found ski-masks and walkie-talkies in another firends basement, and decided to do some sneaking. We split into 3 groups of 2 people, and snuck around the neighbourhood of a girl from school(Yes, very creepy). I was the lucky group not to get a walkie-talkie.

We were sneaking around making bird sounds and ducking behind bushes like ninjas for a while when we noticed J's car pull down the street. Assuming we were all making our escape now, I ran to J's car, which pulled into the nearest driveway. As soon as it stopped, I dramatically ran up, threw open the back door, and jumped in. I pulled off my ski-mask and shouted "GO!"... to three complete strangers. It was a different car.

Needless to say, I took off running and hid in a bush where J's actual car was parked until they all got back. As we were leaving a police cruiser was just entering the neighbourhood. People still bring this story up to me all the time.
- Meatball
Meatball that is hilarious.....

I'll try and make this short:

Back in High School, my friend wanted to sneak his Girlfriend out. She lived beside the lake out in the country, and her house was a bit higher than normal because of water rising etc. etc.

She told us which window to come to and to knock on it quietly...Unfortunately, my friend forgot which window she said and even if we knew which window the damn thing was too high for us to reach.

After a while of debating on which window, I told my friend to hop up on my shoulders so he could reach the chosen window. Well, needless to say, I lost my footing and ended up literally throwing him into the window causing it to break, along with, on his way down he pulled the siding off from the house.......

Dogs barking, lights coming on, her father running out of the house with a rifle.............Angel Cloud

I laugh about that night now, but HOLY SHIT!!!....lolol ROFLOL

P.S. It was the wrong window....It was her sisters room.....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
I once drank a whole bowl of jalapeño juice till my eyes watered.

Um... you kind of had to be there.

When I was in Buxton just a few years back... I had really old shoes at the time, I kinda needed new ones... so they were like really loose - so when I rolled down hills repeatedly my shoes kept flying off every time... and the first time it was the funniest. One of my sisters laughed a lot in particular.

You.. uh, sorta had to be there really.

I once pretended it was fear factor and I mushed up fish and chips (with batter on the fish) into my blackcurrant cordial drink... then I put curry sauce in there too... you kinda had to be there. Similarly, I once hollowed out a scotch egg and put jam inside..... it tasted like a sugary gas pocket... I think I might have nearly died from disgust... you kind of had to sorta, y'know, be there.

I think that's about the closest to "stories" I get really. That I can think of now anyway.

I don't have any RL friends.

EvF
(June 13, 2010 at 3:03 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I don't have any RL friends.

Whomever is in the UK right now, I demand you be EvF's RL friend.

Same goes to whomever friended him on Facebook.
One of my funniest moments is like a scene out of the movie Beethoven. Cheesy, but utterly hilarious.

My little sister and I went to stay with my older sister out of state. My little sister and my older sister were painting my older sister's bedroom while I watched the kids. All of the doors were open downstairs to vent. It was winter and very cold, so our only hope for ventilation was letting the fumes vent through the house. Anyway, all of the rooms downstairs are connected, so you can go through the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, the mud room, the bedroom and the bathroom, back into the living room in one giant circle. Oh, and, my older sister has a Saint Bernard who was less than a year old at the time and freaking gigantic.

The kids and I are in the living room playing video games when I accidentally stepped on Papi's (the monstrous dog's) tail. He whimpered and started running toward the kitchen. I felt so bad, so I followed him, trying to console him, which made the poor thing freak out more. So, he starts pissing freaking gallons of fluid!! Meanwhile, he is running away from me, the kids have started chasing him, my sisters have come to see what the commotion is about and contagious, uncontrollable laughter has broken. Then, Papi runs into the bedroom, where there are paint cans, paintbrushes and fresh paint on the walls. That's when the yelling starts to mix with the laughter.

By the end, this dog had peed in every room on the first story of my sister's house while my sister's three kids, my two sisters and myself chased him. Luckily, he didn't hit any of the paint. I still don't know how he managed it. I believe a total of three of us had piss soaked socks.
(June 13, 2010 at 3:03 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I don't have any RL friends.

Don't feel alone. I don't have any RL friends either. Surprise anyone?

We should start a club! Friends of those with no RL friends club!

Wait... then we would be friends, then we would have no reason to continue the club. Awww damn, that wouldn't work.
Dodgy
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(June 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm)Synackaon Wrote: Whomever is in the UK right now, I demand you be EvF's RL friend.

Same goes to whomever friended him on Facebook.

It doesn't work like that Wink

Thank fuck. Lol.

EvF
Nice one Shell B......
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One sentence scary stories Foxaèr 25 1296 August 16, 2023 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 1661 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Sob stories Cod 11 965 September 30, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Funny scenario imaginary question purplepurpose 31 2022 July 31, 2018 at 6:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  Funny human rituals J a c k 43 3658 March 29, 2018 at 2:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Guys, is she a bit funny in the head? ignoramus 12 2156 December 24, 2017 at 6:51 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Funny things your kids say J a c k 24 4269 March 1, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Something funny from Tumblr in my Inbox vorlon13 0 670 September 25, 2016 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Funny quotes thread dyresand 4 991 February 9, 2016 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Really Strange and Funny Comedy Sketch Edwardo Piet 0 703 November 12, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet