Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a Miracle. Science!
Not a Miracle. Science!
Quote:Pioneering gene injection restores sight in patients with most common form of inherited blindness

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10...mmon-form/

How come fucking "jesus" had to spit in a man's eye to cure his "blindness?"  Such a pig, that jesus was!

Quote:Mark 8:23 New International Version (NIV)

23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”

Science beats the phony Galilean bullshitter every time.
RE: Not a Miracle. Science!
(October 8, 2018 at 1:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Pioneering gene injection restores sight in patients with most common form of inherited blindness

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10...mmon-form/

How come fucking "jesus" had to spit in a man's eye to cure his "blindness?"  Such a pig, that jesus was!

Quote:Mark 8:23 New International Version (NIV)

23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”

The curing blindness isn't even an original trope to Christianity. Vespasian was rumored to have done the same. But even older and you can see the relics of that mythology in modern business in America, is that of the modern pharmacy "Rx" symbol we see outside modern pharmacies.

The capital "R" part of it is the Egyptian god Thot, and the lower case "x" is the extension of the spit or mud, depending on which version, going in the the "x" or eye of Horus, to cure his blindness.

But hebrews/Christians also stole the flood story from the "Epic of Gilgamesh", simply changed the numbers of days and amount of animal stock/resources. And the "eye for an eye" trope was taken from "The Code Of Hammurabi". Not to mention the character "Yahweh" which lead to all three religions of Abraham was a character taken from the polytheistic Canaanites. 

Funny how the polytheism and monotheism of those generations all were in close proximity in Mesopotamia.
(October 8, 2018 at 2:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 8, 2018 at 1:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10...mmon-form/

The curing blindness isn't even an original trope to Christianity. Vespasian was rumored to have done the same. But even older and you can see the relics of that mythology in modern business in America, is that of the modern pharmacy "Rx" symbol we see outside modern pharmacies.

The capital "R" part of it is the Egyptian god Thot, and the lower case "x" is the extension of the spit or mud, depending on which version, going in the the "x" or eye of Horus, to cure his blindness.

But hebrews/Christians also stole the flood story from the "Epic of Gilgamesh", simply changed the numbers of days and amount of animal stock/resources. And the "eye for an eye" trope was taken from "The Code Of Hammurabi". Not to mention the character "Yahweh" which lead to all three religions of Abraham was a character taken from the polytheistic Canaanites. 

Funny how the polytheism and monotheism of those generations all were in close proximity in Mesopotamia.

All true.

But, don't tell the Baptists.

I had one assure me that they have been of the same beliefs since the time of Jesus. After all, I was told - haven't I ever heard of John the Baptist??

Jerkoff
Innit it amazing how many modern 'miracles' only come about when men and women with years of intensive training in science and technology get involved?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: main-qimg-7742a4f7719f65bebd1665160e465a79]
(October 8, 2018 at 3:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Innit it amazing how many modern 'miracles' only come about when men and women with years of intensive training in science and technology get involved?

Boru

Isn't it amazing how you don't need superfluous words rooted in superstition and mythology to say, "Damn that is cool."?
[Image: main-qimg-279b18fd90511b5ab8688affa67be5e0]

[Image: thEpac4pNyskob0Rb3Qf94-53tV-jIVjWELU9Xjt...70f73f6610]

[Image: 152fcaf501662adb42014e54714f0cca--gods-p...e-plan.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In the midst of "medical miracle" krstl_mrrw 16 1989 May 5, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Sometimes Science Just Should Not Bother Minimalist 20 7026 April 15, 2013 at 12:14 am
Last Post: WithoutShame
  The science behind why people reject science Kaptinjoo 6 2741 April 27, 2011 at 2:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not-so-pseudo-science? Tiberius 0 1153 March 26, 2009 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius