Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes Science Just Should Not Bother
Sometimes Science Just Should Not Bother
I mean.... who cares?

http://www.livescience.com/23500-why-men...easts.html

Quote:Why do straight men devote so much headspace to those big, bulbous bags of fat drooping from women's chests? Scientists have never satisfactorily explained men's curious breast fixation, but now, a neuroscientist has struck upon an explanation that he says "just makes a lot of sense."
RE: Sometimes Science Just Should Not Bother
Since we are on the subject of silly scientists:

Quote:Italian Scientitst Claims Vaccines Cause Homosexuality....A scientist in Italy is rallying against vaccinations, claiming they make people gay.

http://www.queerty.com/italian-scientits...-20130402/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
As with everything else, there is the good and the bad. Big Grin

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:Men, like babies, love breasts.

Well, they certainly reduce me to a drooling, infantile state.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 2, 2013 at 6:28 pm)Tonus Wrote: Well, they certainly reduce me to a drooling, infantile state.

And I sure hope that you don't get your primary nutrition from human breasts! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Only the finest cambodian breastmilk.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well, there is a huge difference between applied science (science to create new things, develop drugs, etc.) and science for the sake of knowledge. The second is also quite important, think about it this way - what use is a little baby? I mean they cry, they piss everywhere and they don't understand what you're saying. Thing is, once you know how stuff works you can create thing based on it.
Uh, we don't need science to show that babies turn into adults.
(April 2, 2013 at 5:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I mean.... who cares?

http://www.livescience.com/23500-why-men...easts.html

Quote:Why do straight men devote so much headspace to those big, bulbous bags of fat drooping from women's chests? Scientists have never satisfactorily explained men's curious breast fixation, but now, a neuroscientist has struck upon an explanation that he says "just makes a lot of sense."

Um, don't tastes in body shape change with culture? During the 1920's, the rail shape (flat chested, skinny) was in style.

Agreed Min, sometimes the best answer is why ask why.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:I mean they cry, they piss everywhere and they don't understand what you're saying.

You make them sound like Tea Baggers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not a Miracle. Science! Minimalist 6 568 October 8, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Influenza is not just changing; it is evolving! Jehanne 10 815 March 5, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Just one more reason to not spawn. Gawdzilla Sama 7 930 January 12, 2018 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why Should We Love Science? BoS 28 5177 June 15, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  12 arguments evolutionist should not used debunked. Duke Guilmon 5 2168 August 20, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  The science behind why people reject science Kaptinjoo 6 2741 April 27, 2011 at 2:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not-so-pseudo-science? Tiberius 0 1153 March 26, 2009 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius