Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unemployment, Amazon wages
Unemployment, Amazon wages
While we were focused on Kavanaugh:

Unemployment dropped to its lowest level in 49 years

and...

Amazon raised its minimum wage to $15/hour

MAGA baby!
RE: Unemployment, Amazon wages
(October 9, 2018 at 8:15 am)alpha male Wrote: While we were focused on Kavanaugh:

and...

MAGA baby!

So? Does the baby want a cookie for using the toilet instead of shitting in their  diaper?

It is a good start sure, but they didn't do that because Trump told them to. If you think that fuck you moron! The GOP's idea of global labor competition is to look like China's poverty driven unregulated economy. 

Amazon's CEO still is one of the 62 uber billionaires worldwide that combined have the wealth of 3 billion.

It isn't enough to raise wages moron. 15 in say rural Oklahoma might work, but not NYC even with two incomes. Cost of living is a RATIO DUMBASS! And if rent and mortgage and healthcare constantly go up, the ratio is not changing. 

AND AGAIN MORON, you are the stupid drunk stuck on a short term high. Billionaire tax breaks ADD TO THE DEBT LONG TERM, and you are too stupid to see this is a short term sugar high that will end in a future bubble.

....................................................................................

Here is how yo do it DUMBASS.

Tell the billionaires to stop being fucking crybabies.

Tell them that if they want labor to be more independent, not only raise wages, BUT LOWER YOUR FUCKING PRICES on things like housing and health care and insurance and transportation and education.

But if all $15 does is get eaten up by inflation, it DOESNT DO SHIT. So just more over simplifying bullshit on your part.

Raising wages for workers IS A LIBERAL IDEA and you are not going to get away with trying to claim it is a GOP idea.
Yup unemployment is down (nothing to do with Trump) to bad wages are slowing 

And Amazon (nothing to do with Trump ) wage hikes are something you would be bitching about if liberals did it .

So got real accomplishments to share  Dodgy

Need i point out that many of their workers are angry about the wage hike  Dodgy

https://www.wired.com/story/amazon-minim...earn-less/

And Trump parading  his toady after a sham nomination after a sham investigation good thing Conservatives lack any dignity or they would hang themselves in embarrassment
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(October 9, 2018 at 8:15 am)alpha male Wrote: ...

Indeed, full credit to the most popular leader of your country.

It occurs to me that he's playing a good game, one which he might not have been able to play had he won the election.

He's becoming quite the FDR, that Bernie fellah.

Thumb up
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
It seems Amazon raised wages because of Bernie Sanders or more closely Stop Bezos Act, a bill targeting major corporations like Amazon whose workers receive government aid.
https://www.thisisinsider.com/bernie-san...in-2018-10

But it's not that great

Quote:Amazon's company-wide minimum-wage hike to $15 won't cost the company more; rather, the e-commerce giant will hire fewer people, David Bahnsen says.
Once Amazon addresses the "hurdle" of actually hiring as many staffers as it needs, the company will spend less on wages, because it is moving toward automation, Bahnsen says.
The hike looks good politically, but Amazon shouldn't get too comfortable, he adds.
An Amazon warehouse worker told The Verge via email that the news was devastating to fulfillment employees, many of whom depend on their RSU and VCP (variable compensation pay, a performance-based monthly bonus program) incentives on top of their hourly wages. VCP incentives, which are dependent on good attendance and hitting productivity targets, could get Amazon workers an 8 percent monthly bonus, and a 16 percent bonus during the peak November and December seasons.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/3/17934...-warehouse

And also

Quote:The bottom 90 percent are still poorer than they were in 2007

Elites might be in a self-congratulatory mood because they feel like they saved the system, but that’s really only true for themselves. Everyone else is still struggling just to get back to where they were before 2008, and they aren’t particularly close. Not that the government is doing much to help. To take one rather pertinent example, President Trump’s Treasury Department pulled the plug on the “myRA” plans that had begun under Obama — offering low-risk savings plans to people who couldn’t get them at work — because spending 0.0003 percent of the government’s budget on trying to do something about the savings inequality that’s leaving people further and further behind each year was apparently too much. Giving corporations, who already had record-high profits as a share of the economy, the bulk of the GOP’s $1.5 trillion in tax cuts was more important.

But don’t worry, I’m sure the recovery will trickle down.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...f169865025
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 9, 2018 at 8:15 am)alpha male Wrote: While we were focused on Kavanaugh:

and...

MAGA baby!

This seems good to me.   I don't know why others are complaining, it's almost like they want failure (of the country).  And what is great about it, is it is not a forced action by the government, but a voluntary one by a company.

Also, I have been thinking about that slogan (MAGA).   I think it should just be Make America Great.   Constant improvement beyond whatever ones thoughts where before.
But some people seem to oppose this.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Typical politician.

They' re one step evolved (devolved?) from the god/king - who takes credit for the rains that falls, the sun that shines, and the crops that grow.

Think about it - what does that make the typical voter??

A dumbass superstitious serf.

Just with a ( R ) or a ( D ) stuck after their name.
(October 9, 2018 at 9:49 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: It seems Amazon raised wages because of Bernie Sanders or more closely Stop Bezos Act, a bill targeting major corporations like Amazon whose workers receive government aid.
https://www.thisisinsider.com/bernie-san...in-2018-10

But it's not that great

Quote:Amazon's company-wide minimum-wage hike to $15 won't cost the company more; rather, the e-commerce giant will hire fewer people, David Bahnsen says.
Once Amazon addresses the "hurdle" of actually hiring as many staffers as it needs, the company will spend less on wages, because it is moving toward automation, Bahnsen says.
The hike looks good politically, but Amazon shouldn't get too comfortable, he adds.
An Amazon warehouse worker told The Verge via email that the news was devastating to fulfillment employees, many of whom depend on their RSU and VCP (variable compensation pay, a performance-based monthly bonus program) incentives on top of their hourly wages. VCP incentives, which are dependent on good attendance and hitting productivity targets, could get Amazon workers an 8 percent monthly bonus, and a 16 percent bonus during the peak November and December seasons.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/3/17934...-warehouse

And also

Quote:The bottom 90 percent are still poorer than they were in 2007

Elites might be in a self-congratulatory mood because they feel like they saved the system, but that’s really only true for themselves. Everyone else is still struggling just to get back to where they were before 2008, and they aren’t particularly close. Not that the government is doing much to help. To take one rather pertinent example, President Trump’s Treasury Department pulled the plug on the “myRA” plans that had begun under Obama — offering low-risk savings plans to people who couldn’t get them at work — because spending 0.0003 percent of the government’s budget on trying to do something about the savings inequality that’s leaving people further and further behind each year was apparently too much. Giving corporations, who already had record-high profits as a share of the economy, the bulk of the GOP’s $1.5 trillion in tax cuts was more important.

But don’t worry, I’m sure the recovery will trickle down.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...f169865025

This is what the gullible GOP voters DO NOT GET. 

Since Reagan started trickle down, and let the billionaires do whatever they want, the pay gap has exploded. In that same time, they have also learned to throw just enough bullshit crumbs to their supporters long enough so that they don't realize they are still getting screwed.

GOP economics works a lot like a drug dealer, give you a free sample, get you hooked, get you high and you keep coming back.
(October 9, 2018 at 9:47 am)DLJ Wrote:
(October 9, 2018 at 8:15 am)alpha male Wrote: ...

Indeed, full credit to the most popular leader of your country.

It occurs to me that he's playing a good game, one which he might not have been able to play had he won the election.

He's becoming quite the FDR, that Bernie fellah.

Thumb up
Your having a giraffe right
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Not because of Trump, but in spite of Trump.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Amazon boss's phone 'hacked by Saudi crown prince' WinterHold 47 2830 January 24, 2020 at 11:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump puts Amazon, Alibaba on notice for sale of counterfeit goods Fake Messiah 5 572 April 4, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Drich
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6826 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Black Unemployment Rate at Record Low John V 92 9405 January 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Milo Yiannopoulos; the man twitter banned got a book deal. Currently #2 on Amazon. ErGingerbreadMandude 182 14218 February 3, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude