Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump puts Amazon, Alibaba on notice for sale of counterfeit goods
Trump puts Amazon, Alibaba on notice for sale of counterfeit goods
Quote:President Trump has signed a memorandum aiming to crack down on the sale of counterfeit goods online.

“This is a shot across the bow to those companies. If you don’t clean it up, then the government will,” Trump aide Peter Navarro says.

It is unclear exactly what steps the administration will take to curb the sale of counterfeit items.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/trump-to...nline.html
This actually looks like something positive from Trump, although it is not clear how he would do it.

I mean there literally is a whole industry in China that is making a fortune deliberately selling useless crap on Ebay, Amazon, aliexpress and alike. There is basically no chance of buying some (cheap) electric device or even a cable from China and not getting scammed.

Or for instance few months ago I Googled to see what is the price of 1 TB USB stick and it constantly diverted me to Ebay to those ultra cheap 1 TB USB sticks that everyone with half a brain can see it's a scam. I literally couldn't find a legit one. And so on.

Of course Trump is incompetent and likely won't solve this, but I guess it will bring some attention.
RE: Trump puts Amazon, Alibaba on notice for sale of counterfeit goods
Seems fair.  Counterfeit goods, counterfeit president.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This is some serious Alpha Male shit! Oh, wait a minute. It's just an orange clown.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(April 3, 2019 at 4:57 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
Quote:President Trump has signed a memorandum aiming to crack down on the sale of counterfeit goods online.

“This is a shot across the bow to those companies. If you don’t clean it up, then the government will,” Trump aide Peter Navarro says.

It is unclear exactly what steps the administration will take to curb the sale of counterfeit items.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/trump-to...nline.html
This actually looks like something positive from Trump, although it is not clear how he would do it.

I mean there literally is a whole industry in China that is making a fortune deliberately selling useless crap on Ebay, Amazon, aliexpress and alike. There is basically no chance of buying some (cheap) electric device or even a cable from China and not getting scammed.

Or for instance few months ago I Googled to see what is the price of 1 TB USB stick and it constantly diverted me to Ebay to those ultra cheap 1 TB USB sticks that everyone with half a brain can see it's a scam. I literally couldn't find a legit one. And so on.

Of course Trump is incompetent and likely won't solve this, but I guess it will bring some attention.

I wonder how many "Trump" companies an effective curb to fake sellers would close. All of them?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
It isn't just on line. Tons of cheap crap at dollar stores, and those places are famous for having sub par garbage.
He is doing this because it was a campaign promise. I know you douche bags are not use to having a president you elect stay true to a campaign promise so late in the game., but this is why we elected him in part as he said he would demand tighter restrictions and stronger protection for copyright infringement. citing china as being one of the larger rule breakers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Amazon boss's phone 'hacked by Saudi crown prince' WinterHold 47 2820 January 24, 2020 at 11:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Walmart follows Dicks sporting goods...... Brian37 106 7580 September 5, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Baby T-rex for sale brewer 4 501 April 18, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Notice The Orange Turdfuhrer Hasn't Been Talking About Stocks Lately? Minimalist 3 464 October 24, 2018 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Unemployment, Amazon wages John V 40 1960 October 11, 2018 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Dicks sporting goods stops selling assault riffles. Brian37 1 539 February 28, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Adoption Not Abortion Crowd Should Take Notice Minimalist 46 3728 February 23, 2018 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  NSA Flynn Puts Iran On Notice A Theist 30 2570 February 3, 2017 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Milo Yiannopoulos; the man twitter banned got a book deal. Currently #2 on Amazon. ErGingerbreadMandude 182 14124 February 3, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  trump puts head of Breitbart on national security council Anomalocaris 20 3432 January 31, 2017 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Aegon