Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:51 am

Poll: How much time do you honestly waste per day?
This poll is closed.
Less than 1 hour
27.27%
3 27.27%
1 hour
0%
0 0%
2 hours`
0%
0 0%
3 hours
0%
0 0%
4 hours
9.09%
1 9.09%
5 hours
0%
0 0%
6 hours
9.09%
1 9.09%
7 hours
9.09%
1 9.09%
8 hours or more
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much time do you waste a day?
How much time do you waste a day?
What's up guys? I've been on a path of self-improvement lately and it's caused me to take a look at how I spend my time on a daily basis. If I'm being honest, I probably waste about six hours (or maybe a little less) every single day. We often complain about how little time we have in our day to get things done but I think if we truly take a look at how much time is spent mindlessly watching tv, scrolling through facebook or twitter or some other social media platform, or mindlessly scrolling through AF... we will see that we have a lot more time to do the things that we know would help improve our lives.

My goal is to get this number down to 2 hours a day.

You could consider "wasted time" to be time spent on entertainment or mindless activities. Or you can come up with your own definition. I'm interested to see how much time people on here think they waste.

It's one of those things where, I'm watching tv but deep down I know I should be exercising or I know I should be studying that language I've wanted to learn for five years or whatever. Whatever you think is "wasteful."

And yes, in my opinion, watching tv and mindlessly scrolling through social media is always wasteful. Watching a movie with intent is another thing and I think there's a distinction there.

What do you guys think?
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: How much time do you waste a day?
[x] Fuck all polls

Probably all of it, by some arbitrary definition of 'waste'.
About 18.5 hours a day.
I sleep 5.5 on average.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
I'm retired.  I'd say I waste most of it.
9 hours, 5 days a week.
(October 9, 2018 at 3:36 pm)Cathooloo Wrote: [x] Fuck all polls

Probably all of it, by some arbitrary definition of 'waste'.

Well, that's kind of the point. What is your definition of waste? And by that definition how much of your time is wasted? Maybe you don't feel like you accomplish much during the day. And that's alright, you can change it.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
9 to 12 hours a day.

I could be productively sleeping.
Dying to live, living to die.
Retired in 1989, 2004, and 2016. I waste 36 hours a day.
Any time I spend sleeping, is not, in my opinion, wasting time. I'm in deep thought and working through things. So all in all.. I sleep about 18 hours a day. The goal is to turn into one of my cats. I'm already sleeping as much as they do in a day.

(October 9, 2018 at 4:03 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Retired in 1989, 2004, and 2016. I waste 36 hours a day.

You're my hero.  Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 9, 2018 at 4:06 pm)Joods Wrote: Any time I spend sleeping, is not, in my opinion, wasting time. I'm in deep thought and working through things. So all in all.. I sleep about 18 hours a day. The goal is to turn into one of my cats. I'm already sleeping as much as they do in a day.

(October 9, 2018 at 4:03 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Retired in 1989, 2004, and 2016. I waste 36 hours a day.

You're my hero.  Heart

The funny part is every time I retired I got another check from the government. The second one was just over $104,000.00 US.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day? Foxaèr 20 506 March 11, 2024 at 10:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  How much is a dollar really worth? Angrboda 17 829 September 23, 2021 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet