Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no God or gods, plain and simple
There is no God or gods, plain and simple
I will just say that is briefly. There are is no christian god or any god for that matter.

I fthere would have existed one, then I guess his very powerless even though he is desciebed to be a "powerful god".

So anyone that would like to say, just for fun, something to upset "God" to see if anything happens? My prediciton is: That nothing will happen. But feel free to do so just for fun and upset some religious peoples.
RE: There is no God or gods, plain and simple
*invisible link to the blasphemy challenge*

Or if you pretend the bible is true, all you have to do is dream of having a better life and point out the bad things and god will start burning you horribly.
(January 12, 2009 at 8:55 am)Demonaura Wrote: *invisible link to the blasphemy challenge*

Or if you pretend the bible is true, all you have to do is dream of having a better life and point out the bad things and god will start burning you horribly.

Sorry I'm not replying in the spirit of the post, but I couldn't resist drawing your attention to this thread:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-341.html

One of the worst cases of mistranslation or misunderstanding in the Bible is the whole hell and 'burning in a fiery torment' stuff.

Right, getting back on track, I've sworn at God in the past, and I didn't get 'struck down'. I perceive His power not through supernatural acts, but through the universe, the laws of the universe, you and me etc. Wink
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
(January 12, 2009 at 8:54 am)Giff Wrote: So anyone that would like to say, just for fun, something to upset "God" to see if anything happens? My prediciton is: That nothing will happen. But feel free to do so just for fun and upset some religious peoples.

Strike me, strike me down ... aaarrrgghhhhhhh!
Penn and Teller did it better, with lightning rods attached to hard hats. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
You could correct the title very slightly (to look from a slightly different perspective - just another way of looking at it, not an improvement. Just another view), I got the idea by accident when I slightly misread it lol. Like this: "There is no God, or God's plain and simple."

Meaning if there is a God he's just a practically infinitely simple physical constant at the beginning of the universe. With no intelligence or power - completely impotent. So why call him God?

And if he's complex he almost certainly doesn't exist. And in practice there's no reason to believe he does.

This is how Dawkins puts it:
[youtube]oP8LpS90lH8[/youtube]
(January 12, 2009 at 9:24 am)CoxRox Wrote:
(January 12, 2009 at 8:55 am)Demonaura Wrote: *invisible link to the blasphemy challenge*

Sorry I'm not replying in the spirit of the post, but I couldn't resist drawing your attention to this thread:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-341.html

One of the worst cases of mistranslation or misunderstanding in the Bible is the whole hell and 'burning in a fiery torment' stuff.

Right, getting back on track, I've sworn at God in the past, and I didn't get 'struck down'. I perceive His power not through supernatural acts, but through the universe, the laws of the universe, you and me etc. Wink

Yea I probably should have specified, that's an exagguration or a story in Numbers I heard earlier. The one where Moses is in the desert with everyone, and they complain about the quality of life so god kills a bunch of em.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Demonaura, just checked out your Youtube link. You've got a gentle friendly approach. Smile (You're a very youthful looking 43 year old I must add).

You said in your reply:

'Yea I probably should have specified, that's an exagguration or a story in Numbers I heard earlier. The one where Moses is in the desert with everyone, and they complain about the quality of life so god kills a bunch of em.'

God doesn't seem to do things by half, when you read of such 'killings' or slaughters. It's hard to reconcile this God who smites people with the God of Love.
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
(January 12, 2009 at 11:43 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: You could correct the title very slightly (to look from a slightly different perspective - just another way of looking at it, not an improvement. Just another view), I got the idea by accident when I slightly misread it lol. Like this: "There is no God, or God's plain and simple."

Meaning if there is a God he's just a practically infinitely simple physical constant at the beginning of the universe. With no intelligence or power - completely impotent. So why call him God?

And if he's complex he almost certainly doesn't exist. And in practice there's no reason to believe he does.

This is how Dawkins puts it:
[youtube]oP8LpS90lH8[/youtube]

Should I change the title?
Nah we get the idea, no need to change it.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20916 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2454 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1412 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3539 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10824 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7036 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Religion: Simple Lies for Simple People Minimalist 3 532 September 16, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2019 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Religion: Just Plain Crazy Minimalist 10 2320 September 26, 2017 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3622 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod