Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: August 19, 2022, 1:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Irish Are Making Up For Lost Time
The Irish Are Making Up For Lost Time
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45999270

Quote:Polls suggest Ireland votes to scrap blasphemy law

First they kick the pope in the ass and now this!  Go to it, lads!
RE: The Irish Are Making Up For Lost Time
(October 26, 2018 at 6:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45999270

Quote:Polls suggest Ireland votes to scrap blasphemy law

First they kick the pope in the ass and now this!  Go to it, lads!

Hope they do.  Side note:  The Irish presidency is about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit.

Boru
‘Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.’ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Apparently the Blasphemy Laws haven't been used much lately, either.

Still, good riddance.  Let's the religitards know where they stand.
Yay... 65% people voted yes to get rid of blasphemy from the constitution. The imam at Dublin’s main mosque is not a happy bunny.
(October 27, 2018 at 6:59 pm)Marozz Wrote: Yay... 65% people voted yes to get rid of blasphemy from the constitution. The imam at Dublin’s main mosque is not a happy bunny.

I'd happily shit in his turban to help him with his rage.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Why did peace come to Northern Ireland?

Quote:A 2010 Bishops Conference survey found that 10.1% of Irish Roman Catholics did not believe in god.[6]

Irreligion in the Republic of Ireland
And without delay Peter went quickly out of the synagogue (assembly) and went unto the house of Marcellus, where Simon lodged: and much people followed him...And Peter turned unto the people that followed him and said: Ye shall now see a great and marvellous wonder. And Peter seeing a great dog bound with a strong chain, went to him and loosed him, and when he was loosed the dog received a man's voice and said unto Peter: What dost thou bid me to do, thou servant of the unspeakable and living God? Peter said unto him: Go in and say unto Simon in the midst of his company: Peter saith unto thee, Come forth abroad, for thy sake am I come to Rome, thou wicked one and deceiver of simple souls. And immediately the dog ran and entered in, and rushed into the midst of them that were with Simon, and lifted up his forefeet and in a loud voice said: Thou Simon, Peter the servant of Christ who standeth at the door saith unto thee: Come forth abroad, for thy sake am I come to Rome, thou most wicked one and deceiver of simple souls. And when Simon heard it, and beheld the incredible sight, he lost the words wherewith he was deceiving them that stood by, and all of them were amazed. (The Acts of Peter, 9)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  87% of Young Irish Vote for Abortion! Jehanne 43 2671 May 31, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 22958 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I lost my Soul GoneGuy 212 23745 August 5, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The Irish catholic church's latest scandal: Grindrgate! GUBU 4 2140 August 19, 2016 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Irish RCC Seminary has "Gay Culture" Fidel_Castronaut 0 809 August 3, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1013 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 9399 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Reach a lost and dying world for the Lord Jesus Christ.. TubbyTubby 30 5389 March 16, 2015 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  I was lost but now Im found tonyintheLight 244 22960 December 18, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Daily Show - Haters of the Lost Ark Minimalist 1 1135 April 9, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: LostLocke