Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How theists do it?
How theists do it?
I have seen a lot of people here who are really happy to escape indoctrination nightmare of religion(myself included). But there are a lot of people who remain there and in the age of information and tech and just keep enduring religion. How theists manage to endure constant religious indoctrination nightmare and remain sane?
RE: How theists do it?
Willful ignorance? I honestly don't know. I can understand the sort of person who says they're a christian just because they live in a town full of christians, but doesn't actually go to church, or read the bible. I don't really understand the kind of people who try to sell the book as a moral guide for a modern audience, and an accurate account of reality.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:How theists manage to endure constant religious indoctrination nightmare and remain sane?

A lot of them are born into it and pay it lip service at most.

The True Believers are not sane.
It doesn't bother them in the slightest.   What difficulty are they supposed to be overcoming by "doing it"? Go into any one of our apologists threads. See if they give a fuck about information. Sure, the internet may be the worlds largest library..but all the books are on the floor..and you don't learn anything by sitting in a library anyway, nor are people who willingly go to the damn library and only read one magic book enduring anything by being in the library...lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 7, 2018 at 11:08 am)Khemikal Wrote: It doesn't bother them in the slightest.   What difficulty are they supposed to be overcoming by "doing it"?

Any sin, doubt or thoughts of leaving are met with hell warnings. Your being watched 24/7 by God and told that without God you can't do shit. North Koreans at least believe that death will set them free, theists on the other hand in orthodox and other hardcore type of xtianity are conditioned to be constantly fearful.
Please, they're all saved. It's our dumb asses that're going to hell, not theirs.

Religious thinking is quite possibly the laziest and easiest type of thinking in all of human experience. All you ever have to know, is what you knew the second before. Repeat ad infinitum.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 7, 2018 at 11:13 am)Khemikal Wrote: Please, they're all saved.  It's our dumb asses that're going to hell, not theirs.

Religious thinking is quite possibly the laziest and easiest type of thinking in all of human experience.  All you ever have to know, is what you knew the second before.  Repeat ad infinitum.

I didn't meant chill believers like JW's with no hell at all. I meant people like this dude who think kids really can feel how hell is horrible when compared to adults and those kids must lose some sleep thinking about hell.

It's simply easier to be a theist. I don't have to be afraid of death, I don't have to search for meaning of life, etc.
Some people get their rocks off by scaring children, Purple.....it's not exactly hard to do, or for them to endure.

Ever try to work out the number of native americans who were terrified of being eaten by a white tiger? The answer is zero. They had no fuckin clue. Guess how many kids were scared of magic man and his torture park in 100BC?

Zero.

Guess how many of the kids in my house are losing sleep over christian salvation anxiety? Precisely none.
(November 7, 2018 at 11:28 am)Khemikal Wrote: Some people get their rocks off by scaring children, Purple.....it's not exactly hard to do, or for them to endure.

Ever try to work out the number of native americans who were terrified of being eaten by a white tiger?  The answer is zero.  They had no fuckin clue.  Guess how many kids were scared of magic man and his torture park in 100BC?

Zero.

Guess how many of the kids in my house are losing sleep over christian salvation anxiety? Precisely none.

Khemikal were you a believer? If yes, where exactly?