Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diets according to brain biologist from Russia
Diets according to brain biologist from Russia
According to this biologist diets are made usually by dumb people to get quick and easy money. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Vya...h_Savelyev

He said that when food travels through our digestive system, body absorbs only what it needs currently, the rest of the food is basically wasted. 

Low fat diet-high carb diet is a really good way to get fatter. 

So his advice was food menu of diverse types of food.

Brain to work properly needs healthy food.
RE: Diets according to brain biologist from Russia
(November 15, 2018 at 2:53 am)purplepurpose Wrote: According to this biologist diets are made usually by dumb people to get quick and easy money. 

He said that when food travels through our digestive system, body absorbs only what it needs currently, the rest of the food is basically wasted. 

Sounds like a dumb biologist trying to get quick and easy money.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 15, 2018 at 8:16 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(November 15, 2018 at 2:53 am)purplepurpose Wrote: According to this biologist diets are made usually by dumb people to get quick and easy money. 

Sounds like a dumb biologist trying to get quick and easy money.

What specifically you didn't like?

I love Fluffy Gabe. Yeah, we all know how to be healthy. Eat a good variety of foods, don't eat in excess, exercise every day, drink lots of fluids, especially water. It's just hard to be consistent, and when you're not healthy, you likely just don't have the energy to do what needs to be done. One thing we all need the most is a support group. When you have a good support group, you can get through just about anything. That applies for all problems.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Sadly, my search for a support group for people who don't like exercise has yet to bear fruit.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I bet he's a friend of Putin.
(November 15, 2018 at 12:06 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Sadly, my search for a support group for people who don't like exercise has yet to bear fruit.

*timidly raises hand* Can someone who hates exercise, but does physically strenuous things like load pickup trucks full of crap, join as an auxiliary member?

Diet-wise I prefer Michael Polan's approach: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."
I've been stacking this afternoon on the roasted chicken skins off the thighs I cooked earlier to go in a curry. A healthy little snack  Hehe
(November 15, 2018 at 12:28 pm)Editz Wrote: I've been stacking this afternoon on the roasted chicken skins off the thighs I cooked earlier to go in a curry. A healthy little snack  Hehe

I made soup with a chicken base the other night.  When I was getting ingredients ready, I removed a whole bunch of chicken skins from the pieces, cut them into 1" pieces, and stowed them in the freezer.

If you like things like roasted chicken skins, there's a chopped liver recipe in the book Smitten Kitchen Every Day by Deb Perelman that is awesome.  You pan-fry the pieces of chicken skins to render the fat and make the skins super-crispy, then add both the fat and the crispy bits to the chicken livers along with a whole bunch of caramelized onions.  (It's also supposed to have slivers of daikon in there, but we didn't have any in the house and had to do without.  We plan to remedy this oversight next time we make the recipe, which I can now do because I have a secret stash of chicken skins.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've made a new video against low-carb diets FlatAssembler 234 23924 November 14, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Man completely paralyzed by ALS asks for a beer via brain implant TaraJo 14 1044 March 26, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Our Wold may end, according to leading scientists. Jehanne 8 533 April 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ketogenic Diets against Epilepsy FlatAssembler 30 2963 May 20, 2020 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism established Fake Messiah 9 994 November 18, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Screen time and the preschool brain brewer 8 751 November 6, 2019 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The brain Drich 140 17401 May 15, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Human brain genes in monkeys popeyespappy 5 513 April 12, 2019 at 5:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Religion Wires the Brain to Believe Nonsense Devout-Humanist 4 1039 October 17, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pedophilia Brain Defect brewer 26 11429 June 8, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: WinterHold