Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The brain
The brain
Looks like you'se guys is in trouble... looks like you precious has turned on you or rather 'science' latest theory is make room for the soul... I was going to reference several different websites but instead will just post

Here is a goggle search:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHB...AsOHogIh4k

here is a few min break down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-6hosFAObI
start at 1:45

In short the brain is not the host or contains consciousness. that the brain is a simple receiver of memory and consciousness. nothing is stored in the brain it is mearly a relay point breaking down our sensor experience and transmitting it to our consciousness and vise versa..

For you hard of imagination I am describing in scifi terms "the matrix." or in biblical terms the living soul and the resurrection.

Meaning when you die if you brain was the host of consciousness you cease to exist as so many of you 'good people' think. However many 'scientists' believe there is too much growing evidence (the more we understand the brain the greater evidence is that the brain sends and receives thought rather than create it and store our memories electrochemically.) to maintain that we are contain only within our brain, which means this world this life we live in avatars or if you older we live in the matrix.

So the beggs the question where is our consciousness stored? the scientific answer is in an alternate dimension, meaning we die here and wake up there... Which to me sounds alot like heaven... "absent from the body present with the lord."

WFT are you guys going to do if we can 'ping/verify this alternate universe?

Or is this junk science because your group of egg heads haven't told you what to think about this yet.
RE: The brain
Try harder.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Oh fuck. Just seeing "Drich" and "The brain" I knew it was going to be car crash territory. Wasn't quite expecting this though.

Someone had better inform the Human Brain project that they are wasting their time. All those thousands of lifetimes of neuroscientists and computational neuroscientists wasted.
OP, it's blatantly obvious that you don't/can't science much, or at all.

Some people will believe anything as long as it's in a book.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Wow this is shit even by your already incredibly low standards Dirch
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

First of all, his analogy is wrong. No examination of the circuitry of a television leads us to conclude that the television is the source of the signal, so he's simply wrong in trying to draw a parallel there. So, no, we don't need to draw upon additional evidence in the case of the brain because we haven't concluded that the television is the source of the signal. His analogy is invalid, therefore his conclusions based on that analogy do not hold. Beyond that, his entire spiel is basically one long argument from ignorance. Science can't explain it, therefore God! We have good evidence that consciousness and the brain are related. Whether you find that evidence compelling or not is a matter of opinion.

Really? Gary Schwartz? You have gone full troll on us, Drich.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 31, 2018 at 5:15 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Oh fuck. Just seeing "Drich" and "The brain" I knew it was going to be car  crash territory. Wasn't quite expecting this though.

Someone had better inform the Human Brain project that they are wasting their time. All those thousands of lifetimes of neuroscientists and computational neuroscientists wasted.

I clicked on it for the laughs I knew were coming.  Wasn't disappointed, either.
I read the article. I did not read the part about the brain not being the source of consciousness. I read that one part of the brain can tune into the frequency of other parts of the brain.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Even if consciousness and memory occurred remotely (it doesn't) it still wouldn't explain how it actually worked. It's the Homunculus argument all over again so often to used to try avoiding having to explain consciousness. Instead of explaining the fallacious argument just brushes it under the carpet.

Basically the fallacious argument is an excuse to not have to explain. It's the equivalent of goddidit.
I love how dripshit cant even be bothered looking at the descriptions on page 1 of his google search, never mind actually looking at the linked pages.

Can't build an argument from links to management speak self-help bullshit, drippy.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man completely paralyzed by ALS asks for a beer via brain implant TaraJo 14 1046 March 26, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] Link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism established Fake Messiah 9 995 November 18, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Screen time and the preschool brain brewer 8 753 November 6, 2019 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Human brain genes in monkeys popeyespappy 5 514 April 12, 2019 at 5:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Diets according to brain biologist from Russia purplepurpose 10 1793 November 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Religion Wires the Brain to Believe Nonsense Devout-Humanist 4 1039 October 17, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pedophilia Brain Defect brewer 26 11431 June 8, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The connection between religion and neuropsychological processes in the human brain Aroura 9 2256 March 10, 2017 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Brain with David Eagleman Mudhammam 4 1453 November 6, 2015 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Question about Brain Heat 38 7669 October 20, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet