Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Radical Right
The Radical Right
Just a thread to bring updates on the latest batshit they bring us.

Quote:A Proud Boys member from Kansas was sentenced Friday to over four years in prison for his actions related to the Jan. 6, 2021, riot on the Capitol.

William Chrestman, 51, was sentenced to 55 months in prison with 36 months of supervised release and was ordered to pay $2,000 in restitution, according to the U.S. Attorney’s office in Washington, D.C. He pleaded guilty in October to obstruction of an official proceeding and threatening a federal officer.

Chrestman, an Army veteran, wore a tactical vest and protective gloves and carried a gas mask and a wooden axe handle with a flag attached to it to the Capitol on the day of the insurrection, prosecutors allege. He was also accused of bragging about harassing police.

“We had the cops running through the f— State Building… dude, trying to slam the emergency doors, like, the big garage door-type ones that segregate off the rooms, and we were throwing f—ing chairs under there to block it dude, to keep going down,” the defendant said about his actions, according to attorney’s office. “The cops were legitimately scared for their f—ing lives.”

Prosecutors said he remained on the premises for more than an hour after law enforcement tried to hold the perimeter, encouraging other rioters to “go” into the building and using his axe handle to prop open the doors.

In another interaction, Chrestman was accused of gesturing toward the police officers with his axe handle, shouting “If you shoot, I’ll f—ing take your ass out,” per the release.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-bat...-6-prison/

RE: The Radical Right
It’s starting to look as if the RR in Congress is looking around for (yet) another new Speaker.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 13, 2024 at 12:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It’s starting to look as if the RR in Congress is looking around for (yet) another new Speaker.

Boru

What are they not speaking that needs to be spoken?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:In another interaction, Chrestman was accused of gesturing toward the police officers with his axe handle, shouting “If you shoot, I’ll f—ing take your ass out,” per the release.

That’s kind of a weak threat - if you shoot me with your gun, I’ll hit you with my stick.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 13, 2024 at 12:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It’s starting to look as if the RR in Congress is looking around for (yet) another new Speaker.

Boru

Really? If so, that is interesting.

I don't know exactly why they would be doing that, but yeah, the republican party of the USA can't seem to pull itself together.
(January 13, 2024 at 12:28 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote:

Boru

Really? If so, that is interesting.

I don't know exactly why they would be doing that, but yeah, the republican party of the USA can't seem to pull itself together.

Because Johnson worked out a spending plan with the Democrat-controlled Senate. To the far-Right, that’s consorting with the enemy.

Boru
(January 13, 2024 at 1:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 13, 2024 at 12:28 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Really? If so, that is interesting.

Because Johnson worked out a spending plan with the Democrat-controlled Senate. To the far-Right, that’s consorting with the enemy.

Boru

Is Boru your name? What does it mean?
(January 13, 2024 at 1:32 pm)jasonstackhouse Wrote:
(January 13, 2024 at 1:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Because Johnson worked out a spending plan with the Democrat-controlled Senate. To the far-Right, that’s consorting with the enemy.

Boru

Is Boru your name? What does it mean?

It’s an online handle, a tribute to a semi-legendary Irish king.

Boru
Does anyone really think Trump can win?
(January 13, 2024 at 1:42 pm)jasonstackhouse Wrote: Does anyone really think Trump can win?

I think it would be an error to think that he can't.