Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:10 am

Poll: Which category of these people has killed most of your favorite threads?
This poll is closed.
People that should be ganked by banana peel.
16.67%
1 16.67%
People that should be eaten by seventeen cheese-laden mousetraps.
0%
0 0%
People that you don't really want to hurt, but should probably be most horrifically tickled.
33.33%
2 33.33%
People that you don't remember because you never had a favorite thread. Or a teddy bear, for that matter.
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest thread killers
Biggest thread killers
1: What sort of comment(s) do you think typically kill threads? Is it the awkwardness, boringness, bizarreness, long silence, or... what? All of the above and more perhaps?

2: Which thread-murdering-criminals do you think are the best examples of frequent thread killers at this forum, and why?

3: What are some effective strategies to save a thread before someone lands the killing blow?

And no, this is 100% unrelated to the fact that I have accidently taken double dosage of a pill that contains 2000% daily value of some vitamins. Well, it might be a little.. but I didn't like Stuart anyway.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Biggest thread killers
1. Boringness. Luckily that is far less common these forums than any other forum(s) I have been on.

2. People who crease threads but never respond to other threads.

3. Don't try and save the thread. Don't try to control the thread (unless to a moderate extent if you're a forum Moderator or Admin, if it goes against the rules). Live and let live AND live and let die. Let the thread be or not be, and just make a new thread you're more interested in, or respond to a different thread.
IT'S BECAUSE I'M BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING ISN'T IT!? DON'T LIE TO SPARE MY FEELINGS!!!
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
(December 31, 2010 at 11:53 am)Saerules Wrote: And no, this is 100% unrelated to the fact that I have accidently taken double dosage of a pill that contains 2000% daily value of some vitamins. Well, it might be a little.. but I didn't like Stuart anyway.

The effect that any pill, psychotropic or otherwise, might have on your grasp of reality is the same as the effect that a cup of water would have on the volume of the pacific. :p
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Talking about killing threads is something the nazis would have done.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 31, 2010 at 2:42 pm)Darwinian Wrote:
(December 31, 2010 at 11:53 am)Saerules Wrote: And no, this is 100% unrelated to the fact that I have accidently taken double dosage of a pill that contains 2000% daily value of some vitamins. Well, it might be a little.. but I didn't like Stuart anyway.

The effect that any pill, psychotropic or otherwise, might have on your grasp of reality is the same as the effect that a cup of water would have on the volume of the pacific. :p

/Synackaon straps Darwinian down and injects 400mg of DXM

Yes... Tell me about reality.
(December 31, 2010 at 12:56 pm)Ubermensch Wrote: IT'S BECAUSE I'M BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING ISN'T IT!? DON'T LIE TO SPARE MY FEELINGS!!!

Don't worry, you're not one of the criminals... yet Smile

Evie Wrote:3. Don't try and save the thread. Don't try to control the thread (unless to a moderate extent if you're a forum Moderator or Admin, if it goes against the rules). Live and let live AND live and let die. Let the thread be or not be, and just make a new thread you're more interested in, or respond to a different thread.

But if nobody tries to save the threads, the evil thread killers might kill every thread unopposed! Panic

dpwnbeatplumb Wrote:Talking about killing threads is something the nazis would have done.

So you think Nazis are the biggest thread killers? Thinking

Darwinian Wrote:The effect that any pill, psychotropic or otherwise, might have on your grasp of reality is the same as the effect that a cup of water would have on the volume of the pacific.

It wasn't my grasp on reality that worried me... but my health. Luckily, it seems that thiamin and the other B vitamins wont kill you at daily values as high as 4000% ^_^ At least not in one instance of it 0.o Completely worthless as to getting rid of my sickness though... I'm quite sure it is bacterial, but we've no copious amounts of penicillin to pump me full of Sad
They all drink tulip water from gourds made of shiney material when slipping through concious viciousness. I sometimes wonder if they think at all! Punt monkeys through goalposts to find the key to slave-nation. Who ever heard of such a thing?! long strands of flippant goo, filled with DNA whipping through the air as a boy lingers too long to see enough sex-time to slow the watch to a crawl. The ticket exploded, but enough of a stub was left to allow admission. All hail chainforks.
If you don't know, Rhizo, you can just say so... you don't have to work so hard Tongue
Itchy.
Tasty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4168 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4919 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  The biggest threat to humanity... The Valkyrie 15 1668 June 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Biggest Valentine's Day Myths of All Time Seraphina 40 2301 February 15, 2018 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your local killers. paulpablo 31 6986 July 15, 2017 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Your biggest flip flop Napoléon 61 4048 April 24, 2016 at 7:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Worlds biggest scam ie the banking system Gooders1002 10 2871 June 21, 2014 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Zombie Killers A Theist 26 8328 July 5, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
Music My Biggest Fail Ever.... JohnDG 13 3907 June 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Napoléon