Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your biggest flip flop
Your biggest flip flop
What's the strongest opinion you've had on an issue that you've flip flopped on?

Example: I used to be quite homophobic when I was younger, refused to admit homosexuality was 'natural' etc. 

Now I'm all about life being fabulous.
RE: Your biggest flip flop
I used to be very against homosexuality, and abortion. After many heated arguments, and insults, and the like on a different forum, I eventually came around to accepting these things.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Militarism.
Homophobic might not be the right word. Laughing and pointing fingers at them might be. Until I learned that my best friend was actually gay. That's when I flopped, if you can call it that, since through him, I came to know quite a lot of gay people and started to understand what it means to be constantly on the receiving end of society.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I was a huge fan of President Nixon during his presidency. Seeing Air Force One touch down in China was quite a rush.

Before any of it was launched, I was sure the International Space Station was going to be a huge cluster fuck. It's a trivial foot note in the Encyclopedia Galactica now.

I thought I'd like that last lobster roll I had much more than I actually did. Taste and texture was more like tuna fish than lobster. My disappoint, shudda sent it back.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 21, 2016 at 4:15 pm)Napoléon Wrote: What's the strongest opinion you've had on an issue that you've flip flopped on?

Example: I used to be quite homophobic when I was younger, refused to admit homosexuality was 'natural' etc. 

Now I'm all about life being fabulous.

You should post more threads, your latest ones have been gold, pretty interesting topics.

Probably hunting being totally wrong, I've always been pretty sensitive about issues with animals but I've learned a lot about how hunting reserves might be the only hope to keep territory for some animals, how sometimes animal populations need killing.

Most of my other huge turns of opinion are the transition from me as a stupid teenager to now.

Back then I used to think it was acceptable to sit around, smoke weed, not have a job, placed no importance on hard work, no understanding of money or independence.  I used to think those bum fights videos were cool and that they really had a deeper message being put across, I used to be a real hippy idiot in that way, like I'd say to people that Jim Morrison wasn't just a wife beating, drug taking alcoholic, he has a really deep message.  Charles Manson isn't just a serial killer he has a really deep message.

If I was a teenager now I'd probably be an idiot telling people ISIS have a deep message and supporting blacklivesmatter.  Complete with rebellious facial piercings and whatever other new trend is out.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I used to think there was an all-powerful creator of the entire universe.

Now I don't. Smile
(April 21, 2016 at 4:47 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I used to think there was an all-powerful creator of the entire universe.

Now I don't. Smile

Hard to imagine you were ever so stupid Tibbers, I thought you popped out from the womb with an IQ of at least 50.
(April 21, 2016 at 4:32 pm)paulpablo Wrote: You should post more threads, your latest ones have been gold, pretty interesting topics.

I'll happily pretend they're all my original thoughts Wink
(April 21, 2016 at 4:47 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I used to think there was an all-powerful creator of the entire universe.

Now I don't. Smile

Come to think of it, I never really did. I believed in spirits and ghosts as a child, but never really thought about farting a universe into existence.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4918 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  The biggest threat to humanity... The Valkyrie 15 1668 June 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Biggest Valentine's Day Myths of All Time Seraphina 40 2301 February 15, 2018 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Worlds biggest scam ie the banking system Gooders1002 10 2871 June 21, 2014 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
Music My Biggest Fail Ever.... JohnDG 13 3907 June 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Biggest thread killers Violet 10 4568 January 3, 2011 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Violet