Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best way to feel good about yourself...
The best way to feel good about yourself...
Is to see there's other people who are a whole lot dumber! Works for me! Big Grin

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: The best way to feel good about yourself...
My god that music was horrible!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Of course, by putting on pantyhose and makeup and then walking around construction sites while workers whistle at me thinking I'm some hot gal.
Like any guy I need a break from my gender cuz being guy is boring: you walk down the streets as invisible; nobody's turning around at you; nobody yells "Hey tuts, you want to sit on my face?", but the moment you put the skirt you feel like the party is on and you're at the epicenter.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
not all guys "need a break from my gender". I do need a break from some assholes I hang with at times, but I don't need a break from being a man. Perhaps it's less to do with your gender and more to do with your attention seeking behaviors.

yep that's one.. I feel better about myself by pointing out what I see wrong in others. I will add though, that it's not to feel better or to be right that always motivates me.
I really feel better about myself when you can help someone else, find common ground and expand your little personal world view with another passenger on the ride of life.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(December 7, 2018 at 9:56 am)tackattack Wrote: not all guys "need a break from my gender". I do need a break from some assholes I hang with at times, but I don't need a break from being a man. Perhaps it's less to do with your gender and more to do with your attention seeking behaviors.

You do realize that this is a humor section?

Ah Christians, you have to explain everything to them.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 7, 2018 at 2:03 am)ignoramus Wrote: Is to see there's other people who are a whole lot dumber! Works for me! Big Grin

Wait, where's the 'dumb' stuff?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 7, 2018 at 10:02 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(December 7, 2018 at 9:56 am)tackattack Wrote: not all guys "need a break from my gender". I do need a break from some assholes I hang with at times, but I don't need a break from being a man. Perhaps it's less to do with your gender and more to do with your attention seeking behaviors.

You do realize that this is a humor section?

Ah Christians, you have to explain everything to them.
yes

(December 7, 2018 at 9:56 am)tackattack Wrote: not all guys "need a break from my gender". I do need a break from some assholes I hang with at times, but I don't need a break from being a man. Perhaps it's less to do with your gender and more to do with your attention seeking behaviors. </sarcasm>

yep that's one.. I feel better about myself by pointing out what I see wrong in others. I will add though, that it's not to feel better or to be right that always motivates me.
I really feel better about myself when you can help someone else, find common ground and expand your little personal world view with another passenger on the ride of life.
sorry, I am a 6'4" wet blanket at times. <exists stage left>
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How the sane feel about the party of 45. Brian37 5 480 February 2, 2021 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Describe yourself by what you were in previous life Fake Messiah 28 1451 May 17, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The cognitive dissonance theist might feel. Brian37 1 276 March 22, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  Insult Yourself and Get Nasty Neo-Scholastic 53 7265 February 17, 2018 at 10:45 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Hi, I would like to tell you about {name}, the only way to {whatever} ignoramus 17 3444 June 8, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  I Feel Sorry For TheOnion Minimalist 6 1237 March 31, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theme Songs For Yourself or Other AF Members The Valkyrie 53 10104 September 11, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What many atheists feel like with theists logic. Brian37 13 1480 February 3, 2016 at 11:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Republicans are funny that way. Whateverist 5 2101 November 1, 2012 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  It's the End of the World As We Know It... and I feel fine. Erinome 13 2981 October 28, 2011 at 7:06 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko