Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff infection, "No thanks".
Staff infection, "No thanks".
While the orange turd bitches about Obama going through only 3 Chiefs in 8 years, the orange turd is on his third in just 2 years. 45's presumed nominee turned down the job.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/09/politics/...index.html
RE: Staff infection, "No thanks".
Yahoo News is reporting the US economy is heading for its worst year since ... the last time we had an GOP muppet in the White House.
(December 10, 2018 at 9:54 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Yahoo News is reporting the US economy is heading for its worst year since ... the last time we had an GOP muppet in the White House.

I hate this about my species. If 45's favoritism really really tanks, that could be the final nail. Humans are really no different than any other species. If their environments are stable, they are less irritated and more balanced. But fuck with the stability, they become more aggressive.

It is sad, for example it took the Great Depression for government to act to prevent such an event again. But humans are short term thinkers, and you'd think that Bush Jr's recession would have been a wake up call, but here we are again, letting greed and a con run things.
Unfortunately the rich don't suffer nearly as much from a recession or depression than the poor. And if they don't feel it, they don't care. Which is why we're back to tax cuts for the rich and deregulation right after the economy collapsed, and people expect millennials and younger to clean up the mess that the baby boomers left us.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 10, 2018 at 10:31 am)Chad32 Wrote: Unfortunately the rich don't suffer nearly as much from a recession or depression than the poor. And if they don't feel it, they don't care. Which is why we're back to tax cuts for the rich and deregulation right after the economy collapsed, and people expect millennials and younger to clean up the mess that the baby boomers left us.

At least in the west, because we have more opportunity to speak, while it can be hard and take long term speaking, we can be that check on power, but again, it is still up to us to make the effort.

Gaining a voice and keeping it is long term, but not impossible.
(December 10, 2018 at 9:16 am)Brian37 Wrote: While the orange turd bitches about Obama going through only 3 Chiefs in 8 years, the orange turd is on his third in just 2 years. 45's presumed nominee turned down the job.

I can’t imagine that people are knocking each other down to be Trump’s chief of staff.  He appears to be unmanageable.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 10, 2018 at 2:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can’t imagine that people are knocking each other down to be Trump’s chief of staff.  He appears to be unmanageable.

Ordinarily, Chiefs of Staff manage the staff, not the boss. This one needs a babysitter. Who would want to do that?
(December 10, 2018 at 2:35 pm)Cathooloo Wrote:
(December 10, 2018 at 2:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can’t imagine that people are knocking each other down to be Trump’s chief of staff.  He appears to be unmanageable.

Ordinarily, Chiefs of Staff manage the staff, not the boss.  This one needs a babysitter.  Who would want to do that?

'Ordinarily' being the operative word.  The hope was that Kelly, with his duties of  controlling access to the president and speaking truth to power would be able to sort of 'rein in' Trump. I don't fancy the chances of his successor to have any better luck.

Although I would dearly love to see the job title changed to 'Presidential Baby Sitter'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 10, 2018 at 2:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 10, 2018 at 9:16 am)Brian37 Wrote: While the orange turd bitches about Obama going through only 3 Chiefs in 8 years, the orange turd is on his third in just 2 years. 45's presumed nominee turned down the job.

I can’t imagine that people are knocking each other down to be Trump’s chief of staff.  He appears to be unmanageable.

Boru

Appears? That is an understatement.

When you have 50 former republican intel agents sign a letter warning America not to elect him, that should be something to be listened to.
Here is one man that wants the job:

Jon Voight throws his name in the ring for Trump’s next chief of staff

Pro-Trump actor Jon Voight was seen cavorting at the White House on Monday — and suggested to a reporter that he’s ready to be the president’s next chief of staff.

“People forget” that Voight played Secretary of Defense in the first Transformers movie from 2007

[Image: sNOK0s9R_o.jpg]
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/deliver...ief-staff/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1118 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Thanks To The Guardian For This Minimalist 20 1329 September 19, 2018 at 11:53 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  The White House Staff Can't Stop Talking.... Minimalist 1 313 August 16, 2018 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Norway Says "No Thanks." Minimalist 66 8922 January 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Reince Priebus Out, John Kelly New WH Chief Of Staff A Theist 12 3121 July 29, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Thanks, but. Minimalist 24 2509 July 11, 2016 at 5:08 am
Last Post: abaris
  Thanks, Ladies Minimalist 21 2234 April 29, 2016 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Society
  University Staff blocks journalists. Brian37 4 1053 November 11, 2015 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Nation Thanks Pope for Briefly Bumping Trump from News Pyrrho 3 1220 September 25, 2015 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Family values Republican, fapping in front of staff TaraJo 1 873 October 11, 2014 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus