Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purity Ball
Purity Ball
I was just wondering if any of the Christians on this forum went trough Purity Ball or are planning to with their kids?

Purity Ball is a ceremony where teenage daughter promises to her father that she won't masturbate herself, kiss a guy before marriage ("because that would be kissing someone's future husband!") and not to mention allowing a penis in her body before marriage.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Purity Ball
I can't imagine NOT having sex with someone before marriage.  How horrible would it be to marry someone and THEN find out that you're sexually incompatible?

Just another way religion fucks up everything, including happiness.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 18, 2018 at 8:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can't imagine NOT having sex with someone before marriage.  How horrible would it be to marry someone and THEN find out that you're sexually incompatible?

Boru

Heaven. You get to stroke your mind about heaven.
Those purity balls are really creepy.
Never heard of such a thing, sounds weird to me. Why are the god botherers always so obsessed with other peoples sex lives?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

After making those promises, my guess is that it would be really awkward to ask your dad for batteries, whatever you needed them for.
Child abuse.

fucking disgusting.
Illegitimi non carborundum
(December 18, 2018 at 9:15 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: After making those promises, my guess is that it would be really awkward to ask your dad for batteries, whatever you needed them for.

My 16th birthday gift was a fancy wristwatch and a box of condoms (didn't have the heart to tell my parents that the condoms were superfluous).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 18, 2018 at 8:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can't imagine NOT having sex with someone before marriage.  How horrible would it be to marry someone and THEN find out that you're sexually incompatible?

Boru

Yeah it reminds me of that "Kinsey" movie, especially scene at the beginning of this video

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
No never heard of one, don't plan on forcing the daughter into any such propositions or promises.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball zebo-the-fat 4 1714 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 26363 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd