Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm still getting haunted by religious thoughts but
I'm still getting haunted by religious thoughts but
I'm still getting haunted by religious thoughts but am also happy that this haunting won't be forever, even if it will be all my life.

Does haunting by religious thoughts stopped for some of you?
RE: I'm still getting haunted by religious thoughts but
Yes, haven't been "haunted" since I embraced the truth.
(January 2, 2019 at 12:09 pm)no one Wrote: Yes, haven't been "haunted" since I embraced the truth.

Why do you have such depressive/self denying avatar info?
Free for about seven years now
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(January 2, 2019 at 11:56 am)purplepurpose Wrote: I'm still getting haunted by religious thoughts but am also happy that this haunting won't be forever, even if it will be all my life.

Yeah, it doesn’t bother me anymore.

My process out of my religion took a while and a lot of the more toxic ideas left far before I stopped believing in god. This is at least partially because my education involved theological lessons from the priest, and studying a lot of religious texts that aren’t necessarily cannon. The final god I believed in, the one o bought into from my mid teens to early 20’s, was a much bigger and grander thing than you often find.

So when I finally found I didn’t buy all the god BS there weren’t a lot of negative things to haunt me.
It took awhile working within my own brain to shed the last vestiges of the programming.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(January 2, 2019 at 12:45 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(January 2, 2019 at 12:09 pm)no one Wrote: Yes, haven't been "haunted" since I embraced the truth.

Why do you have such depressive/self denying avatar info?

It's a Game of Thrones reference, bro.
I haunted by the religious that seemed compelled to tell me their thoughts.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Thoughts? You must be mistaken.
(January 2, 2019 at 11:56 am)purplepurpose Wrote: I'm still getting haunted by religious thoughts but am also happy that this haunting won't be forever, even if it will be all my life.

Religious thoughts don't bother me at all because I pretty much don't see anything pointing to hell (or heaven, for that matter) being true. And the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming. Plus, even if hell by chance was true, what am I going to do about it now anyway? As long as there's no evidence at all, why worry when there's no grounds for worrying? I'm just going to continue living the kind of life I enjoy living ... like I've been doing for most of my adult life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have sometimes thoughts of commiting crime like stealing? purplepurpose 16 1518 July 31, 2023 at 11:27 am
Last Post: rado84
  In summary, what are your thoughts on what it takes to be successful? Gentle_Idiot 72 8524 October 23, 2022 at 5:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Getting to know you - do you have kids, etc. arewethereyet 39 2743 September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Fighting Depression and Suicidal Thoughts DeistPaladin 27 2614 March 27, 2019 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Getting space in relationships Der/die AtheistIn 17 835 September 16, 2018 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*