Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] What's Going On In Your Life
What's Going On In Your Life
So, I wanted to give this serious thread thing a test run. I'm surprised/not surprised that no one has taken advantage of this opportunity to be civil.

Snark aside, we have a few threads like "What are you doing?" and "Can I just say?" that let you get things off your chest. However, neither has the added protection of being [Serious]. Also, we don't really have any threads that cover what's going on in your life rather than what you're just doing right now, so what's going on in your life? Big project taking up your time? Going through a divorce? Changing careers? Kids driving you crazy? Need to get it off your chest and and talk about it without the risk of it backfiring? Well, this thread's for you.
RE: What's Going On In Your Life
(January 3, 2019 at 8:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: So, I wanted to give this serious thread thing a test run. I'm surprised/not surprised that no one has taken advantage of this opportunity to be civil.

Snark aside, we have a few threads like "What are you doing?" and "Can I just say?" that let you get things off your chest. However, neither has the added protection of being [Serious]. Also, we don't really have any threads that cover what's going on in your life rather than what you're just doing right now, so what's going on in your life? Big project taking up your time? Going through a divorce? Changing careers? Kids driving you crazy? Need to get it off your chest and and talk about it without the risk of it backfiring? Well, this thread's for you.

Right now, I am living single. Thankful to circumstances that I am not tied down to jobs or family. Not bashing work or family, just thankful for now that I can breath.
You started the thread Shell, Tell me wassup with you and the emporer? How's the house stuff going?

You won't believe that a couple just came through our door (word of mouth) to look at the house.
We're not ready to present it yet because there's still 3 or 4 big jobs which need doing...
I told Pam to not get excited, it's way too early, and besides, this older couple (friends of Sharon, mum of Chloe who brings the horse here on occasion), may just be looking or sussing out houses. What Sharon told us was that that they sold farm land which they've been on for 30 years to a developer and have got plenty of moula!
So we upped the price about 200k! lol (now over 7 figures!!!)
Guess what!? They fucking want it!@ They're talking about which of our furniture they want to keep...
They just rang now while I'm typing this say they're coming over tonight with their son and to have another look at it with the night automatic lighting on...
Fuck me!

Anyway, happy cheeky chimp here ....
(I trust I used the F word in an entirely appropriate manner...)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
That's great, ignoramus!

The house is coming along great. We got a quote (too steep, still looking) today to open up a doorway so I can hang a barn door I'll be building. I'm going to put a couple of deadlights in the middle of it, so we can see through to the kitchen. I may add some to the galley doors going into our dining room as well. Continuity, bitch. We've also got a solar installation set up and some insulation projects down the pipe. Somewhere in-between that, we're starting the remodel on our kitchen. Walls and cabinets. We'll go after the rest of it later.

I didn't really talk about what's going on in my opening post because my personal life has sometimes been fodder for in-fighting, and things have taken a bad turn very recently. I didn't want anyone to bring it up in their diatribes about me elsewhere, but fuck it. Who cares, right? My mom was diagnosed with esophageal cancer a few days before Christmas. She got sick really fucking fast, and spent the four days after Christmas in the hospital. She's been home for a few days now, and sleeps most of the time. Three, four weeks ago, she was perfectly fine. Tibs and I are currently trying to schedule all of her appointments to give my dad a break. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get her to eat more. It's really taken over our lives. Not a complaint-just the reality of the situation. Cancer stops everything. The only reason I've been able to continue with some of the renovations is because I had last week off. I spent most of it in the hospital. The family area is a great place for dealing with phone calls with contractors. Tons of fun.

Anyway, yay, 2019. I guess.
Fuck, Shell. I’m so sorry. I lack the ability to find the right words. (Hugs)

My problems seem tiny now that I think of it.

I’m suddenly dealing with shit I thought was dead and burried, and all because the ex husband found out I have a boyfriend.

Then there’s that. I... J A C K of AF... have a... (cough) boyfriend. Gasp! You read that right. I’ve dated quite a bit since the ex husband and I split up. I’ve met a lot of awesome people. I actually dated people this year that for a moment called themselves my gf or bf at some point, much to my confusion and discomfort. I felt allergic to permanency. Allergic to constant companionship. I lacked the patience to put in the effort. It was weird that they’d even try when I was being so... well, standoffish, I guess. I wasn’t very good at picking them either, because I didn’t really care. I wanted to care. I just couldn’t. “Breaking up” seemed like a joke, because it never felt real to begin with. I’ve felt single for 3 years. Now I have an official boyfriend, one that I care enough to introduce as such, one who’s company is pleasant and leaves me wanting more, and one who doesn’t annoy the shit out of me. Maybe it’s because he’s a dad (and a damned good one at that), so he gets me. Maybe it’s that he’s freakishly smart, and we all know I’m into nerds. Maybe it’s that he can draw like a genius, and I dig artsy people. Maybe it’s that he’s so respectful and sweet, that he makes me feel like I actually deserve it and like I want to reciprocate. Maybe it’s his taste in music, because hot damn. Maybe it’s his values. His kindness to everyone. Everyone! He is simply the complete opposite of everything I’ve ever had. Everyone seems to have an opinion about my choice. Why him? He’s not what they expected for various reasons. People have been assholes to me, which... I mean, whatever, because they disapproved of my choice... but they have been rude about him to me. It makes me angry. He is such a good man and if they would have one conversation with him, just one, they would see what I see. Fuck people, man. I know what I want and what I don’t want anymore... and this fits. Maybe it will end soon. Maybe not. Thing is... I’m actually doing this. Like... the whole package. I’m not half assing it. Feels good, man.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Helping some friends of ours partially refurbish their newly purchased home.  I'm doing the balusters and rails for two staircases and a balcony, herself is making some stained glass panels for the attic windows.  Not just us, it's a neighbourhood project.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've been a disability support worker for over a year now and I'm still loving it.
I'm getting a reputation for getting on well with the clients who are hard to get on with and am in high demand.
I'm currently sharing my mum's car as mine carked it over x-mas.
I'm seeing a broker on Monday to organise refinancing of my flat to buy a second hand car and get some extra dosh to redo the kitchen and bathroom and to put in a carport.
My daughter is growing up nicely with all the attributes I like in a person such as intelligence, kindness, fairness and a sense of humour. She's an old soul at times.
I'm still single and while I love it like that, I worry that one day I might get lonely and be too old to catch a fish. Oh well.

Right at the moment I am in the center of a maelstrom of events.

Right now I'm heading to my recently deceased father's house at the beach to finish preparing for dealing with the estate. We expect to have permission to do so from the probate court next week (my sister is the executor and my brother and I are assisting).

The company I work for is being sold. I am a shareholder and I have a consequential (to me) amount of money coming I have been waiting 19+ years to cash in on.

I'm having abdominal surgery on Tuesday.

We're preparing to sell the house and upgrade. My father also left me a tidy sum. We're looking at new construction in the burbs.

Part of the preparation includes a minor kitchen remodel (quartz countertops, kitchen flooring, painting and polishing some details). My realtor (whom I have worked with before) is sure it will sell quickly and get top dollar if I make those improvements. So I have contractors going in and out of the house, preparing bids and whatnot.

My wife is on medical leave and involved a complaint against her employer for violation of her rights. State regulatory agencies are involved.

There's a lot of juggling going in the Cathooloo household these days.
(January 4, 2019 at 7:31 pm)Cathooloo Wrote: Right at the moment I am in the center of a maelstrom of events.

Right now I'm heading to my recently deceased father's house at the beach to finish preparing for dealing with the estate.  We expect to have permission to do so from the probate court next week (my sister is the executor and my brother and I are assisting).

The company I work for is being sold.  I am a shareholder and I have a consequential (to me) amount of money coming I have been waiting 19+ years to cash in on.

I'm having abdominal surgery on Tuesday.

We're preparing to sell the house and upgrade.  My father also left me a tidy sum.  We're looking at new construction in the burbs.

Part of the preparation includes a minor kitchen remodel (quartz countertops, kitchen flooring, painting and polishing some details).  My realtor (whom I have worked with before) is sure it will sell quickly and get top dollar if I make those improvements.  So I have contractors going in and out of the house, preparing bids and whatnot.

My wife is on medical leave and involved a complaint against her employer for violation of her rights.  State regulatory agencies are involved.

There's a lot of juggling going in the Cathooloo household these days.

Ok, but what are you doing after lunch?  Wink

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I miss my dad. That's pretty much it.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fears that affect your life? FrustratedFool 23 1435 August 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am NEVER going to the hospital again. Brian37 48 2391 December 21, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  I feel kind of uncomfortable going to counseling Der/die AtheistIn 23 2141 April 11, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How to hide going to therapy? Der/die AtheistIn 14 1029 January 4, 2019 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn