Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to hide going to therapy?
How to hide going to therapy?
I am currently a student at Graz and made a therapy appointment at the psychological department for students. It's  during vacation, so time shouldn't be a problem, except that my parents want me to come home during vacations and I really don't wanna tell them I'm going to therapy. I could lie that I have school work, but it's between semesters and most probably I won't have the same classes in the second semester. I know some people in Graz, but I just met them and don't trust to ask them for advise yet. If I lied that I want to go to a party or meet a friend, they might still insist for me to come home. My parents want to plan when to get free from work, so that they can take me home. There is also the fact that I want to solve my emotional problems as quickly as possible, I don't wanna postpone the appointment. What should I do?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: How to hide going to therapy?
Personally, as someone who’s always been pretty open about his mental issues, I’ve never seen a point in hiding the fact that I’ve been seeing a therapist for over six years. Of course, you may be different.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Go to the appointment and tell your parents, you don't have to give them the details why. If you're having issues I think your parents would support you seeking assistance.  

Unless they have a problem with psychologists/therapists. Are they scientologists?  Hehe

You can still go home after, can't you?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"There is also the fact that I want to solve my emotional problems as quickly as possible, I don't wanna postpone the appointment."

Just go. Everybody else will survive.
(January 3, 2019 at 10:22 am)wyzas Wrote: Go to the appointment and tell your parents, you don't have to give them the details why. If you're having issues I think your parents would support you seeking assistance.  

Unless they have a problem with psychologists/therapists. Are they scientologists?  Hehe

You can still go home after, can't you?

They don't have a problem with therapy, but dad is pretty paranoid. If I tell them I'm going to therapy, they'll ask me why and I don't talk about my problems with them. A big reason why I have emotional problems in the first place is because of them. They made some mistakes in the past which really hurt me, even though they didn't intended to. They have good intentions and would try to fix the problem, but I don't trust them to do a good job.

(January 3, 2019 at 11:12 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "There is also the fact that I want to solve my emotional problems as quickly as possible, I don't wanna postpone the appointment."

Just go. Everybody else will survive.

I agree that I should go, I don't know what excuse to give.

Charlie Chaplin
I’d use schoolwork. It’s your best shot.
(January 3, 2019 at 11:24 am)Shell B Wrote: I’d use schoolwork. It’s your best shot.

I'll try, thanks

Charlie Chaplin
Does "I'm seeing a therapist. I don't need you to fix anything, just accept that I have an important medical appointment and can't make it home dad. It's nothing against you and I'll come visit soon."?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(January 3, 2019 at 11:15 am)Der/die AtheistIn Wrote: They don't have a problem with therapy, but dad is pretty paranoid. If I tell them I'm going to therapy, they'll ask me why and I don't talk about my problems with them. A big reason why I have emotional problems in the first place is because of them. They made some mistakes in the past which really hurt me, even though they didn't intended to. They have good intentions and would try to fix the problem, but I don't trust them to do a good job.

Then don't. They don't need to know why and you don't have to tell, at least not at this time.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 3, 2019 at 11:15 am)Der/die AtheistIn Wrote: I agree that I should go, I don't know what excuse to give.
I said "just go".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music therapy MR. Macabre 666 17 1072 December 12, 2023 at 10:25 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  PAIN AS THERAPY MR. Macabre 666 12 742 September 22, 2023 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Are you in therapy? zwanzig 50 2651 April 20, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: TheClearCleanStuff
  [Serious] Therapy please Abaddon_ire 12 1131 November 25, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  I am NEVER going to the hospital again. Brian37 48 2458 December 21, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  I feel kind of uncomfortable going to counseling Der/die AtheistIn 23 2195 April 11, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] What's Going On In Your Life Shell B 19 2117 January 7, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Shell B