Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you rely on to help you out?
Who would you rely on to help you out?
Based upon what you know about people that you know from interactions on this forum... Who would you trust to put you up for the night if you were really in need?

I know Boru would offer me a bed... Tongue
RE: Who would you rely on to help you out?
Gawdzilla, Tibs.
(January 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Gawdzilla, Tibs.

Why not Cod? I'm interested in your reasoning.

I would help you out btw.
(January 6, 2019 at 4:47 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(January 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Gawdzilla, Tibs.

Why not Cod? I'm interested in your reasoning.

Tibs took calls from me after my late mother passed away in 17, I needed emotional support. Gawdzilla took  calls from me coming back from Durham NC to the coast, because he had road GPS apps, and I was trying to get back from Hurricane Florence and was scared of flooded roads and running out of gas.

Not as familiar with Cod or you. No offense.
(January 6, 2019 at 5:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 6, 2019 at 4:47 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Why not Cod? I'm interested in your reasoning.

Tibs took calls from me after my late mother passed away in 17, I needed emotional support. Gawdzilla took  calls from me coming back from Durham NC to the coast, because he had road GPS apps, and I was trying to get back from Hurricane Florence and was scared of flooded roads and running out of gas.

Not as familiar with Cod or you. No offense.

None taken.
My brother has already proved reliable in helping out. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in late 2008 and was scheduled for a prostatectomy the following February. My brother moved in with for a few weeks me and helped with my recuperation and housework. Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(January 6, 2019 at 4:27 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Based upon what you know about people that you know from interactions on this forum... Who would you trust to put you up for the night if you were really in need?

I know Boru would offer me a bed... Tongue

Door's always open, just be sure to wipe your plates.

I think Jorg, because I suspect she's kinder in RL than she lets on here, she's scary smart, and she knows what it's like to be in a bind.

Also, Gae Bolga and Gawdzilla Sama.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
None. Not that I think any of you wouldn't, it's just that I'd be unable to impose on people who are, for the most part, strangers.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Luckie.
Exian.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Most people who would put me up would only do it for Tibs, I think. Not because they dislike me, but because he develops years-long friendships here while I come and go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10-4 CB lingo. Help me out here. Brian37 7 1375 May 9, 2020 at 6:42 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16343 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 806 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  University transfer student, can you help me out GoHalos1993 2 825 December 10, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Why would God do this to me when it would help him TorchWOULD_or_WOULDNT 55 6395 February 20, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  If I would visit the U.S.A., which state would you recommend me to visit? L.A.F. 27 11251 April 28, 2013 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: L.A.F.
  You think you guys can help me out with a paper (of all religions/non-religion)? Annik 7 2615 August 30, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Could you a help an atheist out? Eilonnwy 6 2442 July 8, 2009 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy