Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonadav's Spaceship
Yonadav's Spaceship
The entire universe has been destroyed by an unfortunate super collider experiment gone horribly wrong.
There is no habitable space to be found anywhere, except for on my spaceship.
I was alone on my ship when the accident happened, so I am only person left alive in the universe.
I have an endless supply of food, water, air, and energy so my survival is not in danger.
However, I am getting a bit lonely, and I remember that I have one package of dehydrated living child that I just have to add water to.
I add water, and get an instant living child so that I can have some company.
It turns out that I really am a loner, and the presence of the child is seriously grating on my nerves.
The spaceship is mine. The air is mine. The water is mine. The food is mine. The energy is mine.
Deciding that since the child has no claim to any of the things that are mine, I ask the child to please step into the airlock.
What defense can be made on behalf of the child?
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
RE: Yonadav's Spaceship
None, it's just you and him.  Out the airlock he goes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The child was a girl, you sexist.
Out the airlock she goes.
(airlock egalitarianism is best egalitarianism)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Were you on the spaceship because you were going back to your home planet?
(February 7, 2019 at 2:33 pm)Yonadav Wrote: The entire universe has been destroyed by an unfortunate super collider experiment gone horribly wrong.
I was alone on my ship when the accident happened, so I am only person left alive in the universe.
I have an endless supply of food, water, air, and energy so my survival is not in danger.
However, I am getting a bit lonely, and I remember that I have one package of dehydrated living child that I just have to add water to.
It turns out that I really am a loner, and the presence of the child is seriously grating on my nerves.
The spaceship is mine. The air is mine. The water is mine. The food is mine. The energy is mine.
Deciding that since the child has no claim to any of the things that are mine, I ask the child to please step into the airlock.

Fiction can be fun.

First off, the conspiracy theorists, including si fi conspiracy theorists, not just far right wingers, stupidly thought the CERN could cause a black hole that would destroy our universe. 

But if I am smelling your bad logic correctly, and feel free to correct me, this is  a pro birth argument?
If there were anyone else on the spaceship they could duct tape yonadev to a chair. Have to watch him pretty close though, he'd obviously toss the little fucker out of the airlock if given the chance. Wouldn't want him gnawing his way through the tape.

Does your ship have a brig?
(February 7, 2019 at 2:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 7, 2019 at 2:33 pm)Yonadav Wrote: The entire universe has been destroyed by an unfortunate super collider experiment gone horribly wrong.

Fiction can be fun.

First off, the conspiracy theorists, including si fi conspiracy theorists, not just far right wingers, stupidly thought the CERN could cause a black hole that would destroy our universe. 

But if I am smelling your bad logic correctly, and feel free to correct me, this is  a pro birth argument?

Yeah, I put the supercollider accident there for fun.
But no, this is not a pro birth argument.
I hate "what if" arguments.

QM does postulate a shitload of "what ifs". But in REAL science it does not prop up the absurd.

(February 7, 2019 at 2:41 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 7, 2019 at 2:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Fiction can be fun.

Yeah, I put the supercollider accident there for fun.
But no, this is not a pro birth argument.

Good. Sorry if I misunderstood. But in my 18 years of online debate, I constantly run into new word arrangements, but once the layers of the onion get pealed back, most of the time it really is not a new argument.

So clarify the point of this "thought experiment" for me. I didn't quite get it.
OP: It's certainly a sad day for the universe. What makes you the special one?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.