Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cab driver...... True story today....
My cab driver...... True story today....
True story happened today. Funny as shit, but still.

Ok, so I have a regular cab driver whom on a weekly bases takes me to the store. Anywho she drops me of, gets out to smoke. I go in to shop, 15 minutes later I walk out and she says the car's locked. She locked her keys in the car, I was not upset, I've done it too. 

But fortunately in that location the local police will aid cabbies into getting back into their vehicles. So while they were working on getting in, I said to her,  I've done it before, and she jokes back, IN FRONT OF THE COPS,  "What?"You've broken into cars before?"

I laughed, but still? Cops smiled, but again still....... I laughed smiled and responded, "Thanks alot lady, you trying to get me arrested?" The cops laughed too.
RE: My cab driver...... True story today....
That's a good one. Last year my lady friend lost her house keys and we had to get the council out to gain entry. At first we all thought they'd have to saw out the lock, wrecking the front door and incurring significant charges for a replacement. However, a small 2 foot by 8 inch window in the back, to the kitchen, was open, and they managed somehow to basically take the whole big window below it out of the frame. I then climbed in (her dog was inside so I did the climbing in as the dog knew me well and we were all a bit worried he might go mental at "strange man climbing through window" lol) and opened the front door from the inside! Tada! We joked at the time that the technique they used to gain access would be highly prized knowledge in the underworld.
(February 22, 2019 at 12:09 pm)Editz Wrote: That's a good one. Last year my lady friend lost her house keys and we had to get the council out to gain entry. At first we all thought they'd have to saw out the lock, wrecking the front door and incurring significant charges for a replacement. However, a small 2 foot by 8 inch window in the back, to the kitchen, was open, and they managed somehow to basically take the whole big window below it out of the frame. I then climbed in (her dog was inside so I did the climbing in as the dog knew me well and we were all a bit worried he might go mental at "strange man climbing through window" lol) and opened the front door from the inside! Tada! We joked at the time that the technique they used to gain access would be highly prized knowledge in the underworld.

My jaw dropped. I was just happy the cops were in a good mood. 

I wished I had responded, " I want a ride in your(cab driver) car, not theirs."

I could have come back with, well "What's under your seat?" I didn't though.
Or perhaps: "Don't project your criminal history on to me darling, some of us are law abiding citizens!"  Angel
(February 22, 2019 at 5:13 pm)Editz Wrote: Or perhaps: "Don't project your criminal history on to me darling, some of us are law abiding citizens!"  Angel

I didn't do it but really could have one up'ed her and said, "Whatever is under her seat is not mine."  But that would have gone too far.

I didn't think of it in at the time , but I should have followed it up with, " I wanted a ride in your cab, not a police car. It's much cheaper."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Today's lingo. Brian37 12 1017 March 31, 2021 at 7:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The sun: A story of pure brightness. Edwardo Piet 3 312 December 11, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  True story, but guess what I was thinking... Brian37 7 905 December 4, 2017 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A Story of Fish Haipule 8 898 November 15, 2017 at 2:41 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The True Tale of How Jesus Christ Got His Name Edwardo Piet 9 1202 October 15, 2017 at 5:08 pm
  Doonesbury Nails the WLB Today Minimalist 1 593 July 30, 2017 at 1:22 pm
  Warren put out a Tweet today, ....... Brian37 1 403 June 23, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Playing with words and a news story. Brian37 6 1003 April 17, 2017 at 3:53 pm
  True story about local PBS programming. Brian37 1 497 January 18, 2017 at 11:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Spirit of St. Louis: A Short Story In Five Parts Mudhammam 1 1039 September 12, 2016 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam