Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread.
One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread.
Did anyone think they could escape my obsession? 

RE: One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread.
There's a woman at my job who's obsessed with ABBA. She plays their shit in our shared work space relentlessly.
Still not a fan, though. All I can now say is that I like a grand total of two ABBA songs instead of one.

I now consider "Gimme Gimme Gimme" somewhat of a bop in addition to "Dancing Queen".
Quote:One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread.

And the rest of us are crying BECAUSE of it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 6, 2019 at 7:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread.

And the rest of us are crying BECAUSE of it.

Boru

The rest of you are at my mercy. Make no mistake about it.

Just don't ask me if I remember responding to this post,

(March 6, 2019 at 7:32 pm)Thena323 Wrote: There's a woman at my job who's obsessed with ABBA. She plays their shit in our shared work space relentlessly.
Still not a fan, though. All I can now say is that I like a grand total of two ABBA songs instead of one.

I now consider "Gimme Gimme Gimme" somewhat of a bop in addition to "Dancing Queen".

(March 6, 2019 at 7:32 pm)Thena323 Wrote: There's a woman at my job who's obsessed with ABBA. She plays their shit in our shared work space relentlessly.

She does not play that 'Shit" "relentlessly".... She plays it like any loyal minion like me, regardless of the genital hair grabbing, pussy and dick snatching irony of "fuck, damn it, why did I listen to my horny friends"?
Isn't that what Fred Flintstone used to shout?
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 6, 2019 at 8:00 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Isn't that what Fred Flintstone used to shout?

I dont care about ABBA DABBA DOO.

All I care about IS ABBA.

I do I do I do I do...

So I'm wondering...
Do ABBA superfans have a name for themselves like the Beyonce's loony Beyhivers?

[Image: giphy.gif]

You know, do you go by ABBvocates, ABBAcolytes or something like that? LOL.
(March 6, 2019 at 8:43 pm)Thena323 Wrote: So I'm wondering...
Do ABBA superfans have a name for themselves like the Beyonce's loony Beyhivers?

[Image: giphy.gif]

You know, do you go by ABBvocates, ABBAcolytes or something like that? LOL.

Artists  always have fans.

I look at it this way, no matter whom you are into, and no matter whom hates you for who you like, what matters is that you never are on a wanted poster in the post office.

Point is, I like whom I like, and I will never apologize for that.

You can be a fan, without restraining orders.
(March 6, 2019 at 8:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You know, do you go by ABBvocates, ABBAcolytes or something like that? LOL.

I look at it this way, no matter whom you are into, and no matter whom hates you for who you like, what matters is that you never are on a wanted poster in the post office.

Well, there are fans and there are superfans...they're called STANS, actually.
And you definitely strike me as a STAN, Brian37.

And STANS need a name, goddammit...So they can distinguish themselves from the dilettantes and mere afficionados. Tongue

Btw, it just occurred to that I actually like two and a half ABBA songs. Take a Chance on Me is alright, I guess.
(March 6, 2019 at 9:04 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(March 6, 2019 at 8:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You know, do you go by ABBvocates, ABBAcolytes or something like that? LOL.

Well, there are fans and there are superfans...they're called STANS, actually.
And you definitely strike me as a STAN, Brian37.

And STANS need a name, goddammit...So they can distinguish themselves from the dilettantes and mere afficionados. Tongue

Btw, it just occurred to that I actually like two and a half ABBA songs. Take a Chance on Me is alright, I guess.

Duck my sick.

Take a Chance on Me is fucking bat shit AWESOME.

I actually hated this following song when I first heard it. It was too depressing at the time. But now as an adult I love it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1205 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am not alone. Pet adoption and ABBA.... Brian37 7 679 February 5, 2020 at 5:51 pm
  As much as I love ABBA, this is my fav song..... Brian37 16 1672 January 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm
  ABBA credits 'the gays' for their return to music Foxaèr 23 2473 September 23, 2019 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Had enough of ABBA? Fine, here's Blondie! Brian37 31 2755 July 9, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: tackattack
  I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys. Brian37 22 2004 May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  ABBA! AAAAAAAH!!!! chimp3 28 3248 May 1, 2018 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  ABBA Happy New Year..... Brian37 8 1543 January 1, 2018 at 12:00 am
  The unofficial ABBA originals vs cover thread. Brian37 22 5240 November 22, 2017 at 4:44 pm
  ABBA hinted at it but this lady hooked me. Brian37 25 5281 June 15, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie