Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2022, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
Metaphorically, it's probably the pale horse upon which Death rides.
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
Something I have been wondering in relation to the Targaryens. Could it be that the white hair is what signifies their madness? Jon's hair is not white, and he's never displayed madness.
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
At work.

In the books the Targaryens (The reviled King, at least) went mad because the assassin's guild (That Aria Stark joins) put some sort of poison on the big chair made of melted swords.

He went bat-sheet and the Lannisters fermented rebellion against the whole clan to try and seize power.

Only to be foiled by Robert Stark beating them (By probably being a better military commander) to the killing blow and his accention to the throne instead of them.

Hence the skullduggery that led to Robert's 'Hunting accident'.

As some one who now reviles George R.R. Martin for the farce that was the fourth book in his series. I find it somewhat cathartic that others are being delt similar treatment by the show writers.

I feel their anger/pain/incredulousness at how the writing quality disintegrated/vanished.
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
(May 13, 2019 at 7:55 pm)Amarok Wrote:
Quote:I'm glad Arya turned back and fled the city.  Her last interaction with the Hound was sort of sweet and her acknowledging him and all that he's done for her over the years was a nice close to their relationship.  Maybe the only good end to a relationship we'll get on the show.
What about Same and Gilly ?

Sam and Gilly's relationship isn't over so there is no reason for us to be shown a closing to their relationship like we get with Arya and the Hound.

Quote:
Quote:The Hound confronting his brother was... okay.  It was beautifully shot but the fight itself was underwhelming.  I wanted Sandor to grind Gregor's face into hot coals in a "who does it feel, mofo?!?!" kind of way but nope.
They both plummeted into a blazing inferno what more do you want ?

Reread my post, I said exactly what I wanted. I even started the sentence with "I wanted".

[Image: 682248fe4c4df08bcd54ffa206824b05500d1033...ec51a3.jpg]

Quote:
Quote:Jaime fighting Euron was silly. 
Well theons dead so who else was it going to be ?

I said it was silly, not that someone else should fight Jaime.

Quote:
Quote:I feel like if he's still alive that it's for a reason and there will be another big revelation in the next episode but with the number of dropped threads and loose ends left twisting in the wind in the last three episodes I'm left wondering if they're even going to do anything with Bran in the last episode
For example ?

Tyrion's true parentage.

Quote:
Quote:There doesn't have to be a perfect ending to every character or story or whatever, but leaving so many threads untied

Like?

We never get payoffs to several of Bran's visions/storylines
  • Can Bran change the past?
  • Will Bran become too enamored of the past?
  • We never get an explanation of Bran's weird vision featuring the Mad King, the Night King, and all those flashes of... weirdness.
  • What was the significance of Bran having been marked by the Night King?

The fact that Jon was resurrected by Melisandre has only been passingly referenced and has yet to pay off.

Missandei's comment about Dany mistranslating The Prince That Was Promised hasn't been addressed. Is it a prince or a princess?

Dany repeatedly comments throughout the show that her dragons are her children and the only ones she'll ever have, then Jon asks why he believed the witch that told her this. So is Dany really barren? Is she could to have an incest baby with Jon from back before they knew it was incest?

What's the status of Arya's list? Has she just given up on it? Is it going to make a reappearance?

Will we get a payoff of Arya using one of the faces she stole from Braavos?  She hasn't used them since the end of season 6, and we haven't seen them since mid(ish)-season 7.

Melisandre's prophecy that Arya will shut many eyes forever, brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes, were those specific eyes?  In which case, whose are the brown and green eyes if the Night King/wights were the blue eyes?

Will we see Sansa ever use the dragonglass dagger that Arya gave her before the battle of Winterfell?

Is Tyrion a Targaryen?

What's going on with Yara and the Iron Islands? Did they just fuck off to Pike to get out of fighting?

What's the deal with Bronn and the crossbow Cersei gave him? Was his encounter with Jaime and Tyrion really the last we'll see of him?

Have we gotten the end of the Lord of Light? Melisandre is dead and all other red priests/priestesses are is Essos but is there more for the Lord of Light to do?

Along with the general questions of what's up with Daario Naharis back in Essos?  Edmure Tully in the dungeons of Riverrun? What about Meera Reed who went to spend her last days/weeks with her family?  Is Robin Arryn still nutty as squirrel poo? Where even is he?


(May 14, 2019 at 12:34 am)Fierce Wrote: Something I have been wondering in relation to the Targaryens. Could it be that the white hair is what signifies their madness? Jon's hair is not white, and he's never displayed madness.

No one could claim Aemon was mad. Was Aemon's hair color in youth ever described?  To my knowledge he's only ever shown as a withered old man.  A Wiki of Ice and Fire says he's bald; on the show his hair is white, most likely from age.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
Soooo... Any predictions for the finale? Who's going to kill Crrrazzzy Daenerys? Is it going to be Arya?... It's going to be Arya, isn't it. Because Emilia Clarke has green eyes and that will be very clever indeed...

Who's going to sit on the Iron Throne - or whatever's left of it? Gendri? Bran? Bronn? Hot Pie? How will the show subvert expectations now? Maybe it was all a dream, or they've all been dead and in purgatory the entire time?... Maybe actual winter finally comes and everybody starves to death, because they've been warring, instead of preparing?
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
I hope it's the starving thing. Idiots.

I hope Jon kills Dany. I'd be satisfied with Arya or Tyrion as well, but I really don't think that being satisfied is something I'll ever get out of this show. That's what I like about it so much.
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
At the end of the day:gg wp
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
Quote:Sam and Gilly's relationship isn't over so there is no reason for us to be shown a closing to their relationship like we get with Arya and the Hound.
Well technically when the show ends so does their relationship (unless something bad happens which I hope doesn't )

Quote:Reread my post, I said exactly what I wanted. I even started the sentence with "I wanted".
That was a rhetorical question 

Quote:I said it was silly, not that someone else should fight Jaime.
That was a joke and don't you mean Euron ?

Quote:Tyrion's true parentage.
Is it in doubt ?

Most of the stuff you list is either  trivial or I can't see a need for more explanations and by the way you do remember we have one more episode ? But few thoughts

Quote:Can Bran change the past?
He already did with Hodor 


Quote:Will Bran become too enamored of the past?
Considering he everywhere at all times the past is kind of a meaningless term . 

Quote:We never get an explanation of Bran's weird vision featuring the Mad King, the Night King, and all those flashes of... weirdness.
A lot of that stuff came to pass and I think the mad king was a warning of Dany's future or Bran was just seeing random visions because he wasn't well .

Quote:
  • What was the significance of Bran having been marked by the Night King?
So he could find and kill Bran 


Quote:he fact that Jon was resurrected by Melisandre has only been passingly referenced and has yet to pay off.
What pay off? He was dead now he's not and at the battle of the bastards he  choose to keep living


Quote:Missandei's comment about Dany mistranslating The Prince That Was Promised hasn't been addressed. Is it a prince or a princess?
Why does that need to be significant they were simply taking about the prophecy (which it turns out was nonsense )

Quote:Dany repeatedly comments throughout the show that her dragons are her children and the only ones she'll ever have, then Jon asks why he believed the witch that told her this. So is Dany really barren? Is she could to have an incest baby with Jon from back before they knew it was incest?
Why do we want to know this and she probably going to die so it won't matter 

Quote:What's the status of Arya's list? Has she just given up on it? Is it going to make a reappearance?
Everyone except Ilyan Payne is dead and for all we know he died off screen 

Quote:Will we get a payoff of Arya using one of the faces she stole from Braavos?  She hasn't used them since the end of season 6, and we haven't seen them since mid(ish)-season 7.
To do what ?


Quote:Melisandre's prophecy that Arya will shut many eyes forever, brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes, were those specific eyes?  In which case, whose are the brown and green eyes if the Night King/wights were the blue eyes?
Are we missing anything if they are not specific ?

Quote: Will we see Sansa ever use the dragonglass dagger that Arya gave her before the battle of Winterfell?
And are we missing anything if she doesn't ?

Quote:Is Tyrion a Targaryen?
Why is this even a question ?

Quote: What's going on with Yara and the Iron Islands? Did they just fuck off to Pike to get out of fighting?
She's probably queen of the islands by now 

Quote:What's the deal with Bronn and the crossbow Cersei gave him? Was his encounter with Jaime and Tyrion really the last we'll see of him?
Unlikely we won't 

Quote:Have we gotten the end of the Lord of Light? Melisandre is dead and all other red priests/priestesses are is Essos but is there more for the Lord of Light to do?
They will keep worshipping him as his existence isn't dependent on the Night King 

Quote: Along with the general questions of what's up with Daario Naharis back in Essos?  Edmure Tully in the dungeons of Riverrun? What about Meera Reed who went to spend her last days/weeks with her family?  Is Robin Arryn still nutty as squirrel poo? Where even is he?
Are we missing anything important if we don't find out ?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
Anyone that didn't see Dany going bonkers a mile away must've forgotten how she pulled revenge and scheming in effing season 1.

Really, rewatch the highlights of Dany's rulings and decisions. She's a populist tyrant wanna-be from day 1.

This narrative that she was somehow molded into this bitch queen strips her of own volition and responsibility. That's my hot take.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Reply
RE: Game of Thrones final season [spoilers]
(May 14, 2019 at 9:12 pm)Sal Wrote: Anyone that didn't see Dany going bonkers a mile away must've forgotten how she pulled revenge and scheming in effing season 1.

Really, rewatch the highlights of Dany's rulings and decisions. She's a populist tyrant wanna-be from day 1.

This narrative that she was somehow molded into this bitch queen strips her of own volition and responsibility. That's my hot take.
To be fair though her family has long history of going nuts .It's all the inbreeding .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Reply



Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "The Platform" movie (Spoilers) Rhizomorph13 0 200 May 25, 2020 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Lockdown Trivia: The Final Chapter BrianSoddingBoru4 6 318 May 24, 2020 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  First snow for the season. onlinebiker 31 1399 November 1, 2019 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Will I get a final written warning? Cod 36 1906 October 2, 2019 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 567 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is Good Mechaghostman2 28 2495 March 25, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why are people so obsessed with the show Game of Thrones? NuclearEnergy 31 5141 October 16, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Emmett
  Game of Thrones (no spoilers in the OP) Losty 31 3336 August 15, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Final Determination of Christmas Carol Lyrics/Make Your Videos Shell B 64 3718 December 22, 2016 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Let's talk about Primer[Warning Spoilers] dyresand 9 1472 March 2, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Heat



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)