Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Credible Threat" Columbine follower.
"Credible Threat" Columbine follower.
Now here is where the worshipers will falsely confuse following a lead with presumption of guilt.

On any call to law, it is certainly not the police job to presume guilt, but if a call of concern is made, it is STILL their duty to investigate. 

The FBI was informed of a female who was making disturbing posts online about her fascination with the Columbine killers. This lady eventually legally purchased a shotgun in Colorado after traveling from Florida. The posts were so disturbing, a nationwide BOLO was put out. Now if the argument is that was an invasion of her privacy, that is nonsense. Nobody forced her to make the posts. And law enforcement was not out to arrest her, but to find her to asses her mental state and prevent her from acting out on that "credible threat".  Fortunately and unfortunately, she ended her life before acting out on what she had posted about.

Even without threats of violence to others with firearms, it is perfectly legal to call law enforcement if one is concerned about a suicidal person, and those are called "welfare calls". The BOLO was put out not just for public safety, but even to prevent her from doing harm to herself, but unfortunately they did not get to her in time.

Point is this was the right thing to do. The police didn't spy on her, her family and friends called. I am quite certain if the family and friends had said nothing, it would have been far more likely she would have hurt others as well.

https://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/fbi-n...ted-search
RE: "Credible Threat" Columbine follower.
Better to be prepared and nothing happens than to not be prepared...
Dying to live, living to die.
If only some could come up with a better way to research gun purchasers, like, oh, I dunno...requiring background checks for the purchase of ANY firearm.  And maybe extending the wait period to something like 30 days or so.

Just a thought.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 17, 2019 at 2:14 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Better to be prepared and nothing happens than to not be prepared...

I get that. I also think it would be far cheaper for the makers and shops to vet at the front end, instead of relying on society to train reactionary actions that cost more than front end vetting. 

A shop owner saying no to a potential buyer is far cheaper than having tons of people scramble out of fear.

A fireman is going to tell you to keep your smoke and carbon detectors current and operational. The mentality of the worshipers is, "NO, WE HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO VACCINATE",  then bitch about the cost of the aftermath for not doing such prior to it becoming a problem.

(April 17, 2019 at 2:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If only some could come up with a better way to research gun purchasers, like, oh, I dunno...requiring background checks for the purchase of ANY firearm.  And maybe extending the wait period to something like 30 days or so.

Just a thought.

Boru

You are not going to get 30 days, but I could live with a week, and a limit on ammo and firearm purchase.  A stable honest person isn't, or should not object to waiting. I think the ability and willingness to wait makes the buyer and the shop look far more responsible than the laws we currently have that are basically handing them out like candy. 

And most certainly I am for "red flag laws". I wish my mom or anyone could have prevented my drunk father from shooting his 38 with me in the room. I feel lucky knowing him. I know he would not have meant it. But he was also an authoritarian who didn't like my sensitivity. Knowing how he was with me trying to make me "tough", if my mother had not been there to yank me out of the room, I could easily see him shooting me directly and killing me because he was too drunk to understand he was the adult and I was the child and that is not how you "toughen" up a kid and prepare them for life.

I wish my Mom had called the cops on him, got him mental health aid, and prevented him from owning another firearm.
(April 17, 2019 at 2:14 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Better to be prepared and nothing happens than to not be prepared...

Derived from the military axiom: Better to have a plan and not need than to need a plan and not have it. This explains Plan Red, the operational plans for US war with the British.
(April 17, 2019 at 3:48 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Derived from the military axiom: Better to have a plan and not need than to need a plan and not have it. This explains Plan Red, the operational plans for US war with the British.

You guys have one of those plans, too??
The US Canadian border is a delight for professors at war colleges. Long waterways, major bodies of water, wide-open prairies, tall mountain ranges, and open ocean on both ends with 5525 miles in between. No jungle or desert, but you can't have everything.
(April 17, 2019 at 3:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(April 17, 2019 at 3:48 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Derived from the military axiom: Better to have a plan and not need than to need a plan and not have it. This explains Plan Red, the operational plans for US war with the British.

You guys have one of those plans, too??

ABBA
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute Dancing Queen!

Dance floor has taken my moves
Taken my lines
Taken my suit
Taken my disco

Left me with life in SWEEEDEEEN!
(April 17, 2019 at 4:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 17, 2019 at 3:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: You guys have one of those plans, too??

ABBA
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute Dancing Queen!

Taken my lines
Taken my suit
Taken my disco

Yes, I have plans for war with Sweden, too...
(April 17, 2019 at 4:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(April 17, 2019 at 4:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: ABBA
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute Dancing Queen!

Taken my lines
Taken my suit
Taken my disco

Yes, I have plans for war with Sweden, too...

He he,  funny,

You are the guy hanging from the Helicopter Scar Face  when Tony explains he never liked the "Coca roach".

AND YES, DAMN IT, I AM BEING SILLY!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2674 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 868 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Potus's Follower caught in killing spree plot Brian37 11 1966 February 21, 2019 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  America's biggest threat ARE PANDAS! Brian37 16 1985 April 11, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  FBI labels black activists as new terrorist threat Foxaèr 25 4166 October 13, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump makes second veiled threat..... Brian37 30 3655 September 17, 2016 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  "Threat Situation" at German theater vorlon13 10 1111 June 23, 2016 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Nuclear threat from North Korea KUSA 31 4806 March 8, 2016 at 3:11 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Nearly 50% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat to the US than Muslims *Deidre* 38 8201 January 7, 2016 at 1:31 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome