Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about aliens?
What do you think about aliens?
Do you think people from other planets exist, did they visited earth, they wanna destroy us or they are friendly?
RE: What do you think about aliens?
There's always the possibility that life on other planets exist. After all, it's egocentric to think we alone are the highest life form privileged for existence.
I think, if they're truly intelligent, they'll steer clear of humanity entirely.
Depends on the alien.

Most I've met are okay, but Xeblun is a bit of a dick.
Dying to live, living to die.
The ones that buy me a drink before probing me seem nice enough Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well yeah when it comes to aliens it's all about anecdotes. There really isn't any other evidence other than anecdotal evidence and yet, according to UFO believers, aliens visit us all the time everywhere. And then the second step is all the paranoia why people don't believe in those anecdotes and why there is no evidence.

Also another problem is that people are susceptible not only in making up anecdotes but also participating in them. If someone says they've seen UFO other people also like to join in and claim they've been there and seen that UFO as well.
Aliens?

Oh, I think it's not a matter of if, but of when.
They're probably HERE RIGHT NOW, just biding their time.

Waiting to be discovered.

Yup.
Any minute now....
(May 2, 2019 at 4:17 am)GGG Wrote: Do you think people from other planets exist, did they visited earth, they wanna destroy us or they are friendly?

Although I think it very likely that aliens exist I see as just a possibility and unproven.

So I guess my answer is "I don't know what aliens would be like or even if they exist"

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Scientists are having trouble counting all the planets in this galaxy alone. If life really will "find a way" then it's ubiquitous, I think.

Now, life that rises to our current level and survives on from there, that's far, far less likely. And if they did it could have been long before us, and so far away we'll never know them. This is perhaps lucky for us. (We do breed well in captivity.)
Question 
We should let aliens in, and deport Trump and his entire family.

In all seriousness. I don't believe in any of that Area 51, Roswell bullshit. However, I certainly agree with scientists who say we should expect to find life eventually, even if only microbial within our solar system, due to knowing the elements we find on earth exist throughout the universe. 

It might be possible to communicate with other life, but as far as the si fi stuff about travel and worm holes, the energy needed would be a problem for all life. I think whatever life is out there even if more advanced at best, might have a longer range of travel, but still be stuck locally like we are.

I really got pissed at the si fi fans who took the NASA article out of context when it talked about the fictional "Warp Drive". They missed the part where it said it was impractical because of the sheer amount of energy it would require. And even the "Transporter" idea, which really on the show was about money in reality, the show didn't want to spend extra money constantly using the shuttle, so they used the "screen wipe" "transporter" instead.

I have a problem with the "Transporter" too, just knowing one would have to copy or disassemble every singly of the billions of atoms, and trillions of particles in the body, and re copy every particle down to it's spin and that is a tall order knowing that even just electrons jump around alot.

But yea, knowing the sheer number of galaxies, and knowing an exploding star provides the atoms that make up matter, it is more likely than not that life exists elsewhere. It is just to me, more reasonable that even if we find it, it will be stuck locally where it is at like we are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal? Mechaghostman2 39 6445 October 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Tech billionaire gives $100M to Stephen Hawking’s search for aliens Fake Messiah 5 2257 August 4, 2015 at 3:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Edgar Mitchell on Aliens Napoléon 87 19663 October 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Napoléon