Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edgar Mitchell on Aliens
Edgar Mitchell on Aliens
The recent string of threads on ET had me thinking about an interview I saw a while back with a guy called Edgar Mitchell (6th man on the moon), here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhNdxdveK7c

I know that users on this site are good at identifying bullshit, or destroying people's credibility, so what's the low down on this guy? I thought I'd ask here because I guess at least someone can give me more information on this particular interview and/or this guy's background. I hope it will shed some more light on whether or not to take what he's saying seriously. I'm very skeptical at this point in time, years back when I saw this I thought it was mind blowing.
RE: Edgar Mitchell on Aliens
Dammit, I hate it when you people post vids when I'm at work and can't watch them.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
It's basically an ex-astronaut and scientist saying aliens exist (for a fact) and that the government is covering them up. I presumed someone could tell me why this guy is chatting shit, and give me more information, because otherwise this is pretty incredible.
oh! Hold on, he might be the guy some skeptics were talking about...
Here we go - when it comes to appealing to authority, I tend to side with Phil Plait on space.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badast...ure-right/

You can look around just about anywhere but Mitchell's own sites to see that most people think he's just a little nuts.
On Kerrang? I guess no one else wanted him on then...
Cunt
It is true summer, I am yet to see any evidence of what he claims. But a small part of me finds it so crazy that a respected astronaut would come out with shit like this. He's either doing it for a laugh, or he seriously believes what he's saying. My hunch is with the latter, but again, that doesn't make any of it true. I just really want to know what is going through this guy's head...
Just because you're intelligent, like Phil said, doesn't mean you can't suffer from massive brain farts.
You will often find people in positions like this and they aren't at all how you would think. They often seem to have ideologies that one might think would not be compatible with what they do...
Cunt
All that is true, but it's still interesting...
I don't find it interesting... Many of my friends are hugely convinced by stuff like this.
It really pisses me off now. I used to find it amusing after a few hours of solid debating... But, now that I have probably clocked in around 50 hours of conversations about it with them, it annoys me.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about aliens? GGG 176 12106 May 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal? Mechaghostman2 39 6445 October 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Tech billionaire gives $100M to Stephen Hawking’s search for aliens Fake Messiah 5 2257 August 4, 2015 at 3:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah