Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This time Virginia Beach 11 more
This time Virginia Beach 11 more
Please spare me all the thoughts and prayers and "if we only armed more" bullshit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pub...2a772a315c
RE: This time Virginia Beach 11 more
Resetting the counter:

18 0 days since the last mass shooting to qualify under the FBI's definition of mass murder.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 31, 2019 at 7:11 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Resetting the counter:

18 0 days since the last mass shooting to qualify under the FBI's definition of mass murder.

Actually it is probably less than that. A mass shooting is anytime more than two people get injured, and that doesn't always mean death. 

There have most likely been several events we have not heard about because nobody died.

Firearm injuries and death happens almost 100 times a day.
Which is why I specified the type of mass shooting, specifically the kind that kills four or more people. If I chose the larger definition, there would be no use for a counter, would there?

(May 31, 2019 at 7:22 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Which is why I specified the type of mass shooting, specifically the kind that kills four or more people. If I chose the larger definition, there would be no use for a counter, would there?

While I value CNN and MSNBC even they seem to put the "if it bleeds it leads" crap before any pragmatic talk about how to solve the problem.

Just a few minutes ago on CNN I heard some lady say, "Because of the police quick reaction only 11 died". I am NOT FUCKING KIDDING!

Of course it could have been worse, NO SHIT, but America's approach is to wait for something to happen instead of a far cheaper way is to vet better and have waiting periods instead of handing them out like candy.

I don't see what is wrong with the attitude, that if you make firearms, or sell them, that you don't simply assume the person buying it is Roy Rogers and will always be Roy Rogers.

Time of sale is the best way to prevent firearm violence.
The human being is simply an awful, despicable, vile creature.

I honestly fucking despise them. The whole wretched lot of them!
(May 31, 2019 at 7:41 pm)no one Wrote: The human being is simply an awful, despicable, vile creature.

I honestly fucking despise them. The whole wretched lot of them!

I don't despise every single 7 billion of us.

But our lack of pragmatism and greed from too many certainly irritates the fuck out of me.

Really pathetic that I live in a country where an anchor says, "Today's mass shooting" as if it were a lunch special.

Chris Hayes said "Virginia Tech" instead of Virginia Beach.... That is how fucked up our firearm violence is. I know he meant Virginia Beach.

The orange turd has been informed of this event.

His next calls will be to the firearm lobbies and corporations congratulating them on more sales.
Well, since the party that controls two-and-a-half of the three branches of the government has made abundantly clear that they have no interest in stopping the tide of mass shootings, I’d like to share a solution I recently read about that could potentially help in an active shooter situation:

Instead of arming teachers, keep fire extinguishers in every classroom.

“An everyday 5-pound dry powder fire extinguisher will shoot a high-speed stream of attacker slowing or stopping (depending on how close) thick powder for 12-20 feet that will cover an area many times larger than pepper spray and you need not be a good shot as with a firearm that could send misses through classroom walls.”

“The effect is it can flat out stop an attacker as he tries to clean his face and clear breathing of a massive contamination of powder and the diversion may help force him to change his murderous plans and maybe give defenders the time and opportunity to attack him. And there is nearly no if any collateral harm to people or damage to the building.”

“School administrators and staff must actively plan for and aggressively defend the children in their charge and the fire extinguisher and some simple old fashion barricading can help.”

Note: in addition to being under pressure, the contents of said extinguishers are damn cold, and potentially harmful (this may seem inhumane, but bear in mind that most school shooters off themselves anyway.) And if the shooter isn’t knocked out by such a thing, well, it can be used as a club to finish the deed.

Why, yes, it does suck that we have to resort to schemes like this and aren’t actually allowed to use gun control to stop it at the root. But this is the world we live in.

“Until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you’re gonna have,”
- Sylvester Stallone

"It’s ending, it’s over, all bets are off, it’s not 200 years ago, we don’t need [the Second Amendment] anymore, and the rest of the world doesn’t have it,"
- Sylvester Stallone
But... public ownership of firearms keeps people safe
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social distancing vs a day at the beach BrianSoddingBoru4 51 3414 March 27, 2020 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2905 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  West Virginia Teachers on Strike, still make sure hungry students are fed Cecelia 21 2320 February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Virginia group to publish Nazi-like blacklist of businesses ‘openly hostile’ to Trump Minimalist 2 625 January 27, 2017 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi