Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social distancing vs a day at the beach
Social distancing vs a day at the beach
So most people with sense are maintaining a bit of distance from others to slow the spread of C19.

BUT - not in California.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/califo...index.html

These twatwaffles are crowding onto beaches for swimming, sunbathing...

Good luck with that.

I guess we will call them the control group - in testing social distancing....

Wacky

Boru, News hawk and anti-Californian bigot
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Social distancing vs a day at the beach
(March 23, 2020 at 11:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: So most people with sense are maintaining a bit of distance from others to slow the spread of C19.

BUT - not in California.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/califo...index.html

These twatwaffles are crowding onto beaches for swimming, sunbathing...

Good luck with that.

I guess we will call them the control group - in testing social distancing....

Wacky

Boru, News hawk and anti-Californian bigot

The numpties turned up on Snowden as well.

'Unprecedented' crowds in Wales despite warnings
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE the OP: It's the selfishness that's so ugly with this IMO - so these healthy young people may not be in a high risk demographic, but they SHOULD care about being a carrier and helping spread the virus to those who ARE part of an at risk demographic. Maybe they just haven't clocked that, to be charitable, but really, how?!
Out of all the areas that people will likely interact, like grocery stores and gas stations, the beach seems harmless to me. There's a breeze so you're not stuck constantly breathing everyone's breath. There's plenty of sunlight which is good for you. I don't know if saltwater helps disinfect, but at the very least it washes away what's on the skin.
If sunlight and saltwater did anything then coastal cities wouldn't be ground zero.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 23, 2020 at 11:56 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: Out of all the areas that people will likely interact, like grocery stores and gas stations, the beach seems harmless to me. There's a breeze so you're not stuck constantly breathing everyone's breath. There's plenty of sunlight which is good for you. I don't know if saltwater helps disinfect, but at the very least it washes away what's on the skin.

Donald ........... is that you?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Dumbassery knows no bounds....
For those unaware, the above is nearly an exact copy of an earlier thread by onlinebiker, I just substituted California for Pakistan.

The chief difference is that OLB got excoriated as a bigot. Why is it that when Pakistanis are called out for idiotic behaviour it’s bigotry, but when Californians are called out for EXACTLY the same behaviour, it just leads to a discussion of beach safety?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 23, 2020 at 12:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: For those unaware, the above is nearly an exact copy of an earlier thread by onlinebiker, I just substituted California for Pakistan.

The chief difference is that OLB got excoriated as a bigot. 

Boru

[Whine] "But that's different!" [/whine]
I've been reading about a group of spring breakers in Florida who basically said if they got it, they got it.

Guess what they got...
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you concerned about the future of Social Security? Foxaèr 20 1273 December 22, 2023 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Send in the social workers. onlinebiker 57 4567 November 1, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  There's a social pandemic poisoning Europe: hatred of Muslims WinterHold 23 1339 November 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Social distancing? ignoramus 12 946 April 23, 2020 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Social Distancing: Is 6 feet enough? Rhizomorph13 14 963 April 2, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Social distancing vs Prayer onlinebiker 42 2851 March 21, 2020 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  This time Virginia Beach 11 more Brian37 71 4416 June 3, 2019 at 4:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Oz government crackdown on Social Media fredd bear 24 1716 March 31, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Social Credit System Seraphina 15 939 October 11, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ranks social order and Mother Teresa Sainthood. Brian37 6 1361 December 19, 2015 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Cyberman