Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question for Anti- vaxxers
A Question for Anti- vaxxers
Why are you so afraid of disabled people? Why is life as an autistic person so much worse than potentially contracting a life ending disease?
RE: A Question for Anti- vaxxers
I'm not sure where this fear comes from. I guess some people don't trust doctors, or science. Same with he anti evolution crowd, or the flat earth crowd. The anti vaxxers are the same kind of people that will watch their child waste away and die, because they'd rather pray than actually take them to a doctor.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 15, 2019 at 4:08 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Why are you so afraid of disabled people? Why is life as an autistic person so much worse than potentially contracting a life ending disease?

Good question.  I might amend it slightly to add 'Why are you so afraid of facts and so wedded to the long-discredited notion that vaccines lead to autism?'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sometimes I wish there was a vaccine for stupidity, but then I realize that those in most need would never get it.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(June 18, 2019 at 9:30 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Sometimes I wish there was a vaccine for stupidity, but then I realize that those in most need would never get it.

I’m all for forcefully vaccinating the stupid if there was a vaccine available.

It can take the form of an actual vaccine or a special shot...

...preferably high calibre.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 18, 2019 at 9:51 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 18, 2019 at 9:30 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Sometimes I wish there was a vaccine for stupidity, but then I realize that those in most need would never get it.

I’m all for forcefully vaccinating the stupid if there was a vaccine available.

It can take the form of an actual vaccine or a special shot...

...preferably high calibre.

That would help offset the fact that civilization defeats evolution. Rather than survival of the fittest, everyone survives. It weakens the gene pool.

It's a dystopian idea but sometimes it's fun to contemplate.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Can we just isolate them on an island more something similar. Like lepers. The US is not really using Guam. And the Aleutians are available if they can't take the heat.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 15, 2019 at 4:08 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Why are you so afraid of disabled people? Why is life as an autistic person so much worse than potentially contracting a life ending disease?

Because they have more of an idea of what autism is like than what the potentially life-ending diseases they're supposed to be fighting... and since they assume autism is something bad that must be fought at all costs (and not something that covers the gamut from the profoundly mentally chllenged to physicists whose contributions to the discipline rival Einstein), even if it leads to the potential resurgence of diseases like polio, it's safe to assume they don't really understand what the stakes actually are.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

I dont think they think autism is worse than terminal illness. But rather, they think the risk of getting autism from a vaccine is higher than the risk of getting a terminal illness by not getting a vaccine. If that makes sense.

That's what I've gathered anyway, based on the few things I've read here and there. But if you're looking for the answer straight from the horse's mouth, you wont get it here on this forum. Ask on an anti vaxx forum and you'll get plenty of accurate answers to your question.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I don't think it's a fear of autism. (Autism is in no way a risk from vaccines, someone (Wakeman) literally made that up).
It's a distrust of pharmaceutical companies due to the spread of stupid lies and propaganda. Some of the lies were published in peer reviewed journals. Wakeman should have suffered far greater consequences.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2662 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anti-viral clothing on the rise Foxaèr 1 233 August 20, 2020 at 7:53 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1170 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pittsburgh Newspaper Cartoonist's anti-Trump cartoons absent from paper The Industrial Atheist 1 618 June 8, 2018 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25264 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fla GOV DICK SNOTT passes anti science bill. Brian37 12 2987 June 29, 2017 at 12:16 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Trump honors pride month at anti-gay conference Foxaèr 35 11022 June 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ontario Passes Anti-Islamophobia Bill MTL 39 4201 February 28, 2017 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  Anti LGBT dick Pence confronted at Hamilton Brian37 45 6553 November 22, 2016 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Wanna see racism and anti gay bigotry combined? abaris 33 3090 November 4, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: abaris