Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cyclone:I'm shitting myself
Cyclone:I'm shitting myself
Last night the news reported a category 5 cyclone is heading for the North Queensland coast. (the floods were in the South). The scale doesn't go any higher. That's like Tracy,which obliterated the City of Darwin in 1974.

My girlfriend is in Townsville, right in the centre of the cyclone's path. I'm shitting myself.
RE: Cyclone:I'm shitting myself
Good luck?
(January 31, 2011 at 7:01 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Good luck?

Oh,definitely.

Last month a part of Southern Queensland the size of France was under water,in the worst recorded floods in the State's history. The north was fine.

A few minutes ago I received a PM from a friend on another forum who lives in north Queensland. Cyclone Yasi has been downgraded to a category 4 and is expected to miss Townsville if it doesn't change direction.

Me? I'm currently in what my family describes as 'Basil mode'* (early stage)

*as in Basil Fawlty
[Image: australia+map.jpg]

Why yes, I'll be taking a vacation there...
Good luck padraic....for the GF I mean.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I hope your girlfriend is and will be fine Padriac.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(February 1, 2011 at 3:13 am)leo-rcc Wrote: I hope your girlfriend is and will be fine Padriac.

Thank you.

She rang a few minutes ago and is OK.

The cyclone will reach the coast at about 10pm Wednesday ,with an expected 4 hour window.The centre is expected to be near Cairns a bit further north.

Townsville is still expecting a category 2 cyclone which means she should be OK. However,she was sent home from work until Friday at the earliest.
(January 31, 2011 at 7:24 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: [Image: australia+map.jpg]

Why yes, I'll be taking a vacation there...

Come over Syn, the tourist trade is how we keep the crocs and the sharks fedBig Grin

I loved Terry Pratchett's comment on Oz.

" It is not accurate to say Australia has 9 of the 10 deadiest snakes in the world, it is more accurate to say that it has 9 of the 9 deadliest snakes in the world."

We also have the only venomous mammal in the world too.

Plus there's blue ringed octupi, tiny little jellyfish that you can't see in the water but will kill you, a whole host of venomous and posionous spiders, insects and other arthopods.

And dropbearsTongue
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 1, 2011 at 3:40 am)padraic Wrote:
(February 1, 2011 at 3:13 am)leo-rcc Wrote: I hope your girlfriend is and will be fine Padriac.

Thank you.

She rang a few minutes ago and is OK.

The cyclone will reach the coast at about 10pm Wednesday ,with an expected 4 hour window.The centre is expected to be near Cairns a bit further north.

Townsville is still expecting a category 2 cyclone which means she should be OK. However,she was sent home from work until Friday at the earliest.

I'm glad to hear it padraic...at least she can make preparations. Has she lived in the 'Townsville area' before??

You must be beside youself with worry Blush
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
But can't you just put vegemite behind your ears to keep the drop bears away from you?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another thread about myself lol Edwardo Piet 16 2607 May 22, 2016 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Someone told me to kill myself twice today, I don't know why it's been bothering me Phosphorescent Panties 48 5859 April 12, 2016 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Will degrade myself for rep. Whateverist 86 11586 December 24, 2014 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Rainbow Is it weird that I consider myself straight and I'm so interested in guys? MusicLovingAtheist 40 9785 October 12, 2014 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Losty
  Injured myself Mothonis 14 2396 April 19, 2014 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cyclone Evan Forsaken 3 1083 December 15, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  How to suppress parts of myself, to blend in. Gooders1002 30 6279 November 14, 2012 at 6:51 am
Last Post: jonb
  Congratulations to myself ^_^ Violet 36 4674 August 29, 2011 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  What should I do to defend myself from a possible Saerules attack? Jax 8 2802 June 1, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Pics: cyclone Yasi aftermath. Oldandeasilyconfused 4 3226 March 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus