Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston Atheists Podcast
Boston Atheists Podcast
I, along with my fellow Boston Atheists have put together an atheist news podcast. Big Grin I'm really excited about.

http://www.bostonatheists.org/podcast/

You can download the podcast there or subscribe in a feeder. I've submitted the podcast to Itunes and I have to wait to be accepted.

It's our first podcast so we're still trying to feel things out and find our rhythm, but I think it came out really well for being rather thrown together at the last minute. I hope you like it. Blush
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Boston Atheists Podcast
I will certainly listen to it once I get home.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Just thought you should know, the links in the RSS feed don't work Big Grin
Thanks for pointing that out. It's been fixed. I mispelled the name of the mp3 n the feed, whoops! XD

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I listened to the podcast while on route to Daventry. The show itself was very good, obviously your show had some same topics as the non-prophets who I listened to just before yours but that was to be expected. There is only so much news to go around and items like the buses are a hot topic of course.

One thing I wanted to mention though. The microphone levels were so low I had to turn my volume all the way up to hear everyone and even then I missed some sentences because the sound was too low. In contrast I almost blew my speakers when the show was done and the music started. Perhaps this is something to look into for the next feature?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Yeah, I actually listened to the Non-Prophets show after we had recorded ours and was like "Oh we talked about that!" I will try to have our show be different but I think it can't be helped that some stuff will overlap.

And about the volume, I've already been informed about that. I will try to keep that in mind. I know I made some mistakes with editing, it's a learning process! I will try to increase the volume and lower it for that music. I forgot how loud the music is when it's imported and that I had lowered it for the beginning.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Podcast recommendations please... arewethereyet 1 205 September 1, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Our Boston was diagnosed with 3rd stage high grade metastatic mast cell tumors MJ the Skeptical 41 5208 June 9, 2016 at 5:20 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Podcast Name Eilonnwy 14 2927 April 15, 2010 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: Rob
  New Boston Atheists Podcast Episode Eilonnwy 12 3662 April 27, 2009 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  Boston Phrases/Words Eilonnwy 4 6045 February 28, 2009 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy