Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Boston was diagnosed with 3rd stage high grade metastatic mast cell tumors
Our Boston was diagnosed with 3rd stage high grade metastatic mast cell tumors
His name is Kyo (kee-yo) and he's our lovable little Boston Terrier we've had for 9 years, recently as of March we noticed a wart-like abnormality on his left leg, so we brought him in, and then received the worst news of all, that not only did he have this form of cancer, but it was already in it's 3rd stage, which is the nearly incurable stage and the best we can hope for is that he goes into remission for a year or two according to this vet. Sometimes it can be longer than that and he's acting healthy so we're trying to be optimistic. What I wanted to knows before I put him on a daily regimen of heavy chemotherapy drugs is if anyone knows anything else we can do or someplace we can go that can actually save him. Maybe this is a long shot but I figured I'd ask before I put him on drugs and/or it gets too severe, like, maybe there's a better vet somewhere in the country we can go to or anything we can do to save our little buddy and best friend along with my other dog. He has a great personality, I'm going to miss him more than 95% of my family and I cry almost every day about it, those who know me know I'm already going through a lot having to move because of the slumlord who owns the house we rent. But Kyo and my other dog have always been there for me and got me through the hard times of my teenage years and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this and my other dog is getting old too. Please, any help, please, advice, donations anything. I'm going to link a few pictures (since it's so complicated to post pics directly on this site)and my indiegogo page if anyone would like to donate, his pills can get pretty expensive (300$ per month).

Indiegogo page...
https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/1...=og.shares

Pics
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\ZTZ22YIZ\IMG_0171[1].JPG
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\ZTZ22YIZ\IMG_0156[1].JPG
C:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\Pictures\10427318_10155640891710623_4217928054953070707_n.jpg
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\DL91E7XS\IMG_0086[1].JPG
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
RE: Our Boston was diagnosed with 3rd stage high grade metastatic mast cell tumors
I know how you feel.  Just lost one of mine to cancer and miss him every day.   But he had hemangiosarcoma and the prognosis was terminal from the start.  We didn't bother with chemo which would have just made him sick.  We had the surgery to have his spleen removed after the tumor burst which is when the biopsy was taken.  He had 3 months of being his old self, then one day it was over.  Another tumor had ruptured and he was bleeding internally.  We knew it was coming and we let him go.  I won't tell you it was easy.
RE: Our Boston was diagnosed with 3rd stage high grade metastatic mast cell tumors
Oh no GS, I'm so sorry to hear that Sad I wish I had some great advice for you, but I'm afraid I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is the "supervet" guy on the telly, but I don't know if this is the sort of thing he can help with.

My best wishes to you both, and I hope he continues to be happy and healthy for as long as possible. My doggy is my life, so I know how unbearable it must be for you Heart
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Wow, my heart goes out to you. My wife and I raise Belgians, mainly tervs. Within the last 3 yrs we have lost two due to genetic related disease. I'm not familiar with Bostons and the breeds cancer links. Suggest a shout out on facebook. My wife is more familiar with the vet community and cancer options. I'll ask her for recommendations for you.

Make the best of the situation. Your dog will tell you when enough is enough.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm so sorry to hear that, GS. These times are the hardest part of having a furkid.

I have been through it twice, and it doesn't get easier.

The best advice I can give is to treat that indiegogo campaign like a second job. Promote it on social media non stop, start a patreon and make videos on YouTube making Kyo an online personality. Post the links to your videos in the comments section of other, popular dog channels so that you can get viewers. Use Snapchat, instagram, and Vine to bring attention, then promote it on Twitter and FB. Start a kickstarter, too, and do whatever you can to make it visible on indiegogo and kickstarter. Write up a heartbreaking bio and people you've never met will donate. It takes creativity and a little photo/video skill, but you could end up floating the meds at least partially just on that.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Just spoke to my wife. Her suggestion is that you contact the nearest vet teaching facility/hospital and get their advice.

Wishing you all the best.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Oh geez. That's awful. I'm so sorry GS. I wish I could do more Undecided best wishes
Well, thanks for the kind words, still wishing people would've helped. Like anyone. I told our story and I tried putting this indiegogo everywhere, facebook, youtube, forums, etc. and not one person helped. I'm pretty depressed about it, so is my pregnant future wife. Everything's falling apart and we feel insignificant to everyone, like our lives don't matter. I feel like I may get more isolated from the world and people and I think I'm going to leave this site. Forget I made this thread, a mod can close this if they want.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
Dude, I know things like this can be difficult but please don't guilt trip people like that. My own father is dying of terminal lung cancer don't you know? No? Well, truth is, everyone got problems. If people had the spare capital to donate then they would, but consider that despite the fact people sort of know you on here, they don't *know* you. I'd never ask people to help donate money to help my dad (NHS FTW but you get my point), so whilst I know it must be depressing to see nobody donate, I think it's pretty obvious why people (here) didnt.

I'm sorry about your dog, i really am. I hope things pick up for you soon, whether you stay here or not. Don't feel insignificant. You've got a little human on the way, you'll be the only thing in its world for decades.

We won't close the thread either, sorry.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Hey, don't come in here and tell me how to react to not only tragedy but the lack of empathy around me, so glad your sick daddy has the means to help himself but I don't so fuck off with your unjustified guilt trip. I think you should guilt people if you can't afford the basic right to life which should be free and nobody will help you, not even 5 fucking dollars that I know everyone has in their fucking pocket. They should feel bad for not doing what they can for people, just like I will continue to guilt the billionaires for siphoning money out of the economy and not giving enough back. I feel bad that I don't give enough when I have the means to do so, and if you don't, then I'm wasting my time on you, be gone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2087 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Lockdown Trivia, Stage III BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1088 April 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2149 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1548 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1138 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A High Without Drugs... Axis 0 321 February 21, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Axis
  What's your secret rapper stage name? Gawdzilla Sama 24 1820 January 8, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Social Anxiety With High IQ, Empathic Abilities, And Intelligence Foxaèr 6 1554 January 28, 2016 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  The 3rd Person Thread Edwardo Piet 11 2383 December 28, 2015 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Were you a high GPA student? ErGingerbreadMandude 107 14163 September 6, 2015 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: brian1570