Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Heaven and Earth (prophesies)
New Heaven and Earth (prophesies)
The prophesies tell us a new heaven and earth will come after this age.

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Matthew 5
18: For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Acts 2
19: And I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth beneath, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20: the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood
, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and manifest day.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Ezekiel 38
19: For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20: the fish of the sea, and the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground.

When you read this next scriptures from Joel 2, think of volcanoes and hot lava. Remember, don't take the scriptures literally so where it says people, it's not people. It's hot lava. Words like horses, chariots, warriors are being used for the same lava flow.

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.
4: Their appearance is like the appearance of horses, and like war horses they run.
5: As with the rumbling of chariots, they leap on the tops of the mountains, like the crackling of a flame of fire devouring the stubble, like a powerful army drawn up for battle.
6: Before them peoples are in anguish, all faces grow pale.
7: Like warriors they charge, like soldiers they scale the wall. They march each on his way, they do not swerve from their paths.
8: They do not jostle one another, each marches in his path; they burst through the weapons and are not halted.
9: They leap upon the city, they run upon the walls; they climb up into the houses, they enter through the windows like a thief.
10: The earth quakes before them, the heavens tremble. The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining

Jeremiah 4
22: "For my people are foolish, they know me not; they are stupid children, they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil, but how to do good they know not."
23: I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heaven, and they had no light.
24: I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
25: I looked, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.
26: I looked, and lo, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.
27: For thus says the LORD, "The whole land shall be a desolation; yet I will not make a full end.
28: For this the earth shall mourn, and the heavens above be black; for I have spoken, I have purposed; I have not relented nor will I turn back."

Haggai 2
6: For thus says the LORD of hosts: Once again, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land;

Mark 13
24: "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light,
25: and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heaven will be shaken.

Ezekiel 22
19: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you have all become dross, therefore, behold, I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem.
20: As men gather silver and bronze and iron and lead and tin into a furnace, to blow the fire upon it in order to melt it; so I will gather you in my anger and in my wrath, and I will put you in and melt you.
21: I will gather you and blow upon you with the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in the midst of it.
22: As silver is melted in a furnace, so you shall be melted in the midst of it; and you shall know that I the LORD have poured out my wrath upon you."
23: And the word of the LORD came to me:

Psalm 46:
6: The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts.

Amos 9
5: The Lord, GOD of hosts, he who touches the earth and it melts, and all who dwell in it mourn, and all of it rises like the Nile, and sinks again, like the Nile of Egypt;

Nahum 1
4: He rebukes the sea and makes it dry, he dries up all the rivers; Bashan and Carmel wither, the bloom of Lebanon fades.
5: The mountains quake before him, the hills melt; the earth is laid waste before him, the world and all that dwell therein.

Micah 1:
3: For behold, the LORD is coming forth out of his place, and will come down and tread upon the high places of the earth.
4: And the mountains will melt under him and the valleys will be cleft, like wax before the fire, like waters poured down a steep place.

Ecclesiastes 1
4: A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains for ever.

Read “From Now Until Then”, which is my next blog about the end event and the paradise that comes afterwards.
RE: New Heaven and Earth (prophesies)
Time for the ban hammer?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(February 8, 2011 at 11:18 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Time for the ban hammer?

I predict him to be banned real soon, just a prophesy I'm making ROFLOL
(February 8, 2011 at 11:22 am)LastPoet Wrote:

And, unlike his drivel, one that has a real good chance of happening.

Just another asshole.

Don't you like looking at the truth?

It's only fun for you atheists when you can ridicule a Christian but there's nothing you can do about the truth. You can spend the rest of your life trying to challenge him and all you'll get is frustration and anger. You people are pathetic losers but when you got a loser Christian to mess with, then you're brave.
(February 8, 2011 at 11:51 am)Minimalist Wrote:

And, unlike his drivel, one that has a real good chance of happening.

Just another asshole.

Where's all this proof you have that God doesn't exist? You're like little children on a playground who love to pick on the weakest one and laugh. When you get beat up yourself, then you want the teacher to do something about it. There's a reason you left religion and this loser attitude is why. You had to form another religion to create unity to help each other cope with your insecurities.
(February 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm)bjhulk Wrote: Don't you like looking at the truth?
Perhaps if you presented any truth, we might like looking at it. Instead, all you've presented is a bunch of exerpts of your fictional novel. I may as well be posting exerpts about Sauron's return to the land of Mordor and that the one ring must be found for all the 'truth' your quotes have.

(February 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm)bjhulk Wrote: Where's all this proof you have that God doesn't exist? You're like little children on a playground who love to pick on the weakest one and laugh. When you get beat up yourself, then you want the teacher to do something about it. There's a reason you left religion and this loser attitude is why. You had to form another religion to create unity to help each other cope with your insecurities.
I'm sorry, but who has what insecurities?
We're not laughing at you because we think you're a weak person.
We're laughing at you because you honestly believe the tripe you're posting and you call it truth despite having no real honest reason to believe in any of it and we certainly have no reason to take anything you've said in the first post seriously.

I can't really speak for everyone though.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(February 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:
(February 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm)bjhulk Wrote: Don't you like looking at the truth?
Perhaps if you presented any truth, we might like looking at it. Instead, all you've presented is a bunch of exerpts of your fictional novel. I may as well be posting exerpts about Sauron's return to the land of Mordor and that the one ring must be found for all the 'truth' your quotes have.

(February 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm)bjhulk Wrote: Where's all this proof you have that God doesn't exist? You're like little children on a playground who love to pick on the weakest one and laugh. When you get beat up yourself, then you want the teacher to do something about it. There's a reason you left religion and this loser attitude is why. You had to form another religion to create unity to help each other cope with your insecurities.
I'm sorry, but who has what insecurities?
We're not laughing at you because we think you're a weak person.
We're laughing at you because you honestly believe the tripe you're posting and you call it truth despite having no real honest reason to believe in any of it and we certainly have no reason to take anything you've said in the first post seriously.

I can't really speak for everyone though.

Do you think the truth is something tangible? If you're looking for that kind of truth, you'll never find it.

No man has the truth except for those who have received it and is guarded by the one who gave it.

Only those who have laid down their life for it, can see it.

Truth is not of this world but it exposes this world for what it is and leaves it naked and exposed for those who understand it.

Truth was never intended for those who aren't truthful. Lies are their nature.

Truth has the right to condemn those who don't have it.

Truth is the justice that mere man cannot conceive. The injustice man does, keeps him from it.

Life is chaotic to those who don't bear it, but is understood by those who do.

One can never know what truth really is until he has it. Then he will understand that its true.

Nobody can buy the truth because its not for sale. It is freely given to those who ask for it.

What you see is not always the truth because your eyes deceive you and your ears don't hear.

Truth is the righteousness that excludes men. Not to be seen until they are righteous.

Truth is more precious than gold, and gold is more precious than silver. A miner of truth will tell you that.

Give a man the truth and he will know your heart but don't trust a man without it.

Truth wasn't made for man's eyes because he is blind. Without his blindness he will see the truth.

Truth is not what you think it is, it's what you know it is.

Truth can't be defined in man's laws, because there's no truth in man.

Truth is freedom for those who lay down and die. Then they can live with the truth.

Truth avoids those who look for it but when it finds you, you will no longer look for it.

Give a man the truth and it will no longer be true.
(February 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm)bjhulk Wrote: Do you think the truth is something tangible? If you're looking for that kind of truth, you'll never find it.
No.

(February 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm)bjhulk Wrote: No man has the truth except for those who have received it and is guarded by the one who gave it.

Only those who have laid down their life for it, can see it.

Truth is not of this world but it exposes this world for what it is and leaves it naked and exposed for those who understand it.

Truth was never intended for those who aren't truthful. Lies are their nature.

Truth has the right to condemn those who don't have it.

Truth is the justice that mere man cannot conceive. The injustice man does, keeps him from it.

Life is chaotic to those who don't bear it, but is understood by those who do.

One can never know what truth really is until he has it. Then he will understand that its true.

Nobody can buy the truth because its not for sale. It is freely given to those who ask for it.

What you see is not always the truth because your eyes deceive you and your ears don't hear.

Truth is the righteousness that excludes men. Not to be seen until they are righteous.

Truth is more precious than gold, and gold is more precious than silver. A miner of truth will tell you that.

Give a man the truth and he will know your heart but don't trust a man without it.

Truth wasn't made for man's eyes because he is blind. Without his blindness he will see the truth.

Truth is not what you think it is, it's what you know it is.

Truth can't be defined in man's laws, because there's no truth in man.

Truth is freedom for those who lay down and die. Then they can live with the truth.

Truth avoids those who look for it but when it finds you, you will no longer look for it.

Give a man the truth and it will no longer be true.

That's certainly quite a bit of pointless preaching you're giving. I wish I had a stopwatch so I could time how long it'll take before you're invariably banned from this forum for preaching.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Quote:Where's all this proof you have that God doesn't exist?

Hey asshole, YOU are the one who believes in invisible sky-daddies. YOU have to prove he exists. I find your god as totally fucking absurd as Osiris, Quetzalcoatl and Marduk.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3319 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 8302 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2547 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Prediction of an Alien Invasion of Earth hopey 21 4807 July 1, 2017 at 3:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Apparitions from heaven??? Jehanne 217 21461 November 4, 2016 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hell and heaven purplepurpose 14 2768 August 23, 2016 at 9:21 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
Question Heaven seems awful 2 me-"Theist laughs at loudly & with great cruelty" fruyian 141 16778 May 18, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5080 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Eureka! Hubble Space TTelescope Finds Heaven Rhondazvous 56 10130 January 21, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Heaven would be good Amine 41 8318 December 12, 2015 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd