Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus' Mission....
Jesus' Mission....
....for the causal layman, those lacking understanding, or even interest:

The curse of death for sin: Gen 2:17 "…but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” KJV

The only way to eradicate the curse: is for a man to live free from sin, and suffer death. Because; death was only meant for sinners!

How does a man live [free of sin]? Man cannot. He can only repeat it. God, in the person of Jesus can, and does live sin free. And in the process; Teaches us “The Way, 
the Truth, and the Life.” He also atones for our sins, and reconciles Himself to man, for putting sin in front of us to begin with. Much like Him saying, "I am sharing 
in your humanity, and death so I might save all from eternal damnation." And Jesus dies at OUR sentencing and hands, sinless. The curse is then broken!

Death, then becomes a door instead of a destination! And in heeding His teachings, we avoid the “Second Death” (death of the soul). 

And all this..... without disrupting Free Will. AMAZING!

In even simpler terms? God is not asking us to do something He wouldn’t do Himself. And out of pure love for ALL of us! Amen
Quis ut Deus?
RE: Jesus' Mission....
causal layman, I like it!

But did Jesus actually live free of sin according to Christian theology? I never really thought about that.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The father figure sends a son figure to correct the mistake created by the father figure.

What "free will"?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
@ronedee

Jesus did nothing for me. I didn't eat the apple.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
He supposedly lived free of sin, despite angry outbursts like with the money changers, and the fig tree, or ending up with 2000 pigs dead while attempting to save a guy. Having bad ideas like telling people not to wash their hands, or to hate their families, and their own lives. Sending a guy to hell for the sole reason of being wealthy. Telling a crowd that the end of the world was coming in their lifetimes. Probably my favorite, changing his mind about wanting to be crucified, but being forced to by a father that wasn't even brave enough to watch the whole thing.

The only reason Man can't live a "sinless" life is because the bar was set too high to achieve it. We're told that god so loves the world that he wants everyone to get into heaven, yet he makes it as contrived as possible. Then again, some christians believe that you can get into heaven on your deathbed, as long as you say a prayer to Jesus. So what you do in life doesn't matter. Just make sure your last words are "I'm sorry Jesus", and you're good.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The same nonsense was posted over at AD.

My response:
If the best an omnipotent being can do is stage a dramatic sacrifice, then color me unimpressed.
Imaginary God, imaginary sin, imaginary sacrifice. Christianity in a nut shell.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Sounds like the title for the worst action film ever:

'Jesus' Mission:  This Time, It's Personal'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 12, 2019 at 9:06 am)chimp3 Wrote: Imaginary God, imaginary sin, imaginary sacrifice. Christianity in a nutshell.

(emphasis mine)

An appropriate receptacle.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We're getting near xmas. Here comes the semester onslaught of dumbfuckery. The first semester is easter OFC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] fact finding mission for non-Christians tackattack 52 4284 March 7, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7237 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7384 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist